SackPardew.com

Decky

I see where you're coming from, but at the same time Pardew is only a small part of the problem.

Your point has validity but Freddy Shepherd being shite didn't stop me enjoying Bobby Robson's team. It's extraordinary to say that Pardew is a "small part" of the problem.

If Mike Ashley walked away tomorrow and Pardew was left in charge, the football and results wouldn't improve one jot, and that's ultimately what we're all interested in.

Plus it's Pardew who is responsible for giving away two of our prize assets. An owner buys a manager two French internationals and he handles them so badly that he ends up basically giving them away for nowt... How can that possibly be the owner's fault (apart from giving the manager the job in the first place, obviously)?

I see where you're coming from, but at the same time Pardew is only a small part of the problem.

Pardew is one of the biggest problems by far.

That's a pretty short sighted way of thinking for me like. We have consistently sold key players, not invested money and had bad feeling around the club since Ashley came. Our squad now is probably the weakest it has ever been under Ashley's tenure in term's of it's capability in the Premier League. Yes, Pardew is s***, and yes he should be sacked but the fat c*** will only place the next man in the same situation and it will be equally as difficult and will waste even more of the fat c***s money that he will later want back. Let's face it, if Ashley goes, the likelihood is that the manager goes too...

Agreed 100%. He's fallen out with the wrong 2 players but that's all it takes in this regime for the shit to really hit the fan. I's too precarious for any manager to come in and succeed. A foreign manager who is used to having his players signed for him is probably the best bet but we are a club with little invesment. That wont change until Ashley is gone. That's the biggest problem - Ashley.

I actually think Pardew's been dealt his worst hand yet and he's gone kamikaze on it. Think we've scraped the barrel on the French market. The Dutch market has bee so-so for us. I look down that spine and I don't see any quality.

Your point has validity but Freddy Shepherd being s**** didn't stop me enjoying Bobby Robson's team. It's extraordinary to say that Pardew is a "small part" of the problem.

If Mike Ashley walked away tomorrow and Pardew was left in charge, the football and results wouldn't improve one jot, and that's ultimately what we're all interested in.

Plus it's Pardew who is responsible for giving away two of our prize assets. An owner buys a manager two French internationals and he handles them so badly that he ends up basically giving them away for nowt... How can that possibly be the owner's fault (apart from giving the manager the job in the first place, obviously)?

:thup:

Your point has validity but Freddy Shepherd being s**** didn't stop me enjoying Bobby Robson's team. It's extraordinary to say that Pardew is a "small part" of the problem.

Poor and lazy comparison. Freddy Shephard always invested in the club. Not with his own money but he made sure we spent and wanted us to compete. If he landed god managers - we would be brilliant and that only happened once under him. But he tried.

Your ambition is your limit. FS wanted us to be among Europe's elite - we never consolidated that position but that was his aim. Ashley's ambitions involve SD and midtable finishes. We'll never do better than that with him in charge. He'll sell the star players that got him there every season he can. We could hire Klopp and he would just take the £££ from all the players until the well ran-out.

Going for Pardew is the only way of influencing the situation.

Pardew is an expression of the nonsensical sporting ambition at the club. Forcing him out is the only way to make a stand against that.

Our best hope is for Ashley to appoint someone who's not only there to keep things in balance, but bring purpose to our existence. If not, he'll fail miserably like Pardew and we'll force him out too.

Why would Ashley hire someone who will push him to reinvest when he blatantly won't?

That is nonsense for me.

The owner controls his assets not the manager. We bought them for a price, they did what they can do, increased their value, were arguably managed well / didn't require managing and were subsequently sold on the belief that we could make a stronger squad from that money. Mike Ashley is running the club in that fashion. We are a selling club and our key players will continue to be sold should the "customer" wish to pay the named price. This didn't just happen with these two, it has happened consistently throughout Ashley's reign. We all talk about "the spine of a team" or "building a team around key players" but how can a manager do that or try to do that when his spine or key players are sold as soon as they represent any form of profit from their initial price. Cabaye and Debuchy had fuck all to do with Pardew and to slap that on him is ridiculous in my opinion.

The difference with Freddy Shepherd and his twattery being that a) Bobby Robson was on of the greatest football managers of all time and b) Freddy Shepherd invested in the club, to a point where it could have brought it to it's knees if it didn't stop. At least we could enjoy the football then simply because the investment was there and we were allowed to dream, now we're not and we're ridiculed by our own club and the media outlets if we even wish to finish in the top 7 or try to win a cup which even S*nderland can fucking get to the final of. They are two entirely different scenarios and to use them in this context isn't fair or right.

As for your remark about Ashley fucking off and the results would stay the same, I totally agree and that's why I also think Pardew should be sacked. All I am getting at is that Pardew going doesn't necessarily fix the issue either. It might go a long way to fixing it, and I am sure we are all willing to take that gamble, but to fix the issue completely Ashley and all his cronies would be fucked off.

Poor and lazy comparison. Freddy Shephard always invested in the club. Not with his own money but he made sure we spent and wanted us to compete. If he landed god managers - we would be brilliant and that only happened once under him. But he tried.

Your ambition is your limit. FS wanted us to be among Europe's elite - we never consolidated that position but that was his aim. Ashley's ambitions involve SD and midtable finishes. We'll never do better than that with him in charge. He'll sell the star players that got him there every season he can. We could hire Klopp and he would just take the £££ from all the players until the well ran-out.

Well, let's push for a better manager first, and then see if that is indeed the case. It's the most sensible first step. Not convinced it would be as straight forward as you say.

Hughton is probably a better example. Wasn't always the best football but I loved that era despite Ashley hardly spending a penny.

You can still smash teams 6-0 and humiliate your biggest rivals 5-1 with a shit chairman, you can't do it with a shit manager.

Well. let's push for a better manager first, and then see if that is indeed the case. It's the most sensible first step. Not convinced it would be as straight forward as you say.

I'm all for Pardew going but the most important man in any organisation is the individual in-charge of long term strategy and ambition, planning and finance.

This isn't football manager. You need the powerful people to agree with any managers vision. We won't ever have that under Ashley. 

Depends what you mean by 'fix the issue'. Would sacking Pardew transform the ambitions of NUFC, of course not. But it might make each individual 90 minutes a bit more watchable.

The issue is that we are willing to be a mid-table, nothing side with no relevance or desire to be relevant. We don't want glory and we do want balance sheets to look healthy.

If we won the league through 38 victories of 1-0 where the goal had been pumped up root 1 and scrambled in I wouldn't give a flying f*** as a Newcastle United fan.

Well. let's push for a better manager first, and then see if that is indeed the case. It's the most sensible first step. Not convinced it would be as straight forward as you say.

I'm all for Pardew going but the most important man in any organisation is the individual in-charge of long term strategy and ambition, planning and finance.

This isn't football manager. You need the powerful people to agree with any managers vision. We won't ever have that under Ashley.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

I've accepted Ashley is here to stay and that we will only really ever spend what we bring in and that we will always be plastered by SD and have shitty strips sponsored by rag tag companies so for me its all about what happens on the pitch and under Pardew its fucking shite x 1,000,000

He has to go, first and foremost.

Even with all the constraints of an Ashley NUFC, we can do much better in terms of the football played and the intention going into games. I can live with losing and finishing mid-table, but only if we have a fucking go and do it in a way that resembles playing footy the right way.

Pardew is the anti-thesis of that in every single way.

Depends what you mean by 'fix the issue'. Would sacking Pardew transform the ambitions of NUFC, of course not. But it might make each individual 90 minutes a bit more watchable.

The issue is that we are willing to be a mid-table, nothing side with no relevance or desire to be relevant. We don't want glory and we do want balance sheets to look healthy.

If we won the league through 38 victories of 1-0 where the goal had been pumped up root 1 and we won 1-0 I wouldn't give a flying fuck as a Newcastle United fan.

Well fair enough then, we'll never win the league under Ashley obviously.

As a short-term measure though, I'd be quite happy to get another manager and get the most out of the players we have. It's not like Ashley is going to instruct the manager to start losing once we look like finishing too high in the league.

It's all so confusing really. Until we get a half decent manager that isn't a buffoon, we'll never really know what our potential is as a team. We have to cross that road first, and then go from there. We are on the right track I think.

If we won the league through 38 victories of 1-0 where the goal had been pumped up root 1 and we won 1-0 I wouldn't give a flying f*** as a Newcastle United fan.

As a short-term measure though, I'd be quite happy to get another manager and get the most out of the players we have. It's not like Ashley is going to instruct the manager to start losing once we look like finishing too high in the league.

Aye, and I agree we should get rid of him. However, what decent manager would want to come here and work under Ashley's conditions?

Guest Howaythetoon

Had we finished 10th or whatever under Hughton, playing the way we were, with the players we had, I'd have been quite happy. Under Pardew though its just well, urgh..... Even that 5th place season was shite in the main.

I've accepted Ashley is here to stay and that we will only really ever spend what we bring in and that we will always be plastered by SD and have shitty strips sponsored by rag tag companies so for me its all about what happens on the pitch and under Pardew its f***ing s**** x 1,000,000

Even with all the constraints of an Ashley NUFC, we can do much better in terms of the football played and the intention going into games. I can live with losing and finishing mid-table, but only if we have a f***ing go and do it in a way that resembles playing footy the right way.

Fair enough on all of that.

As for the bit I have highlighted - that for me is part of the larger issue (and that's not a dig at you) but everyone is getting that way, and the further this goes on, the lesser a club Newcastle United will become.

If we won the league through 38 victories of 1-0 where the goal had been pumped up root 1 and we won 1-0 I wouldn't give a flying f*** as a Newcastle United fan.

Aye, and I agree we should get rid of him. However, what decent manager would want to come here and work under Ashley's conditions?

Let's keep on doing what we are doing and find out.

Ashley is definitely an easier target than most think. He's put the club up for sale twice already, once after the Hull game post-Keegan and also after relegation. He's not the heart of stone businessman many think he is, we just haven't fully gone for his throat since that Hull game.

:thup: totally agree. He's got everyone running scared that he is, but if you cranked it up to unbearable levels he'd f*** off

You still need someone with about £200-300m to buy the club at least.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've accepted Ashley is here to stay and that we will only really ever spend what we bring in and that we will always be plastered by SD and have shitty strips sponsored by rag tag companies so for me its all about what happens on the pitch and under Pardew its f***ing s**** x 1,000,000

Even with all the constraints of an Ashley NUFC, we can do much better in terms of the football played and the intention going into games. I can live with losing and finishing mid-table, but only if we have a f***ing go and do it in a way that resembles playing footy the right way.

Fair enough on all of that.

As for the bit I have highlighted - that for me is part of the larger issue (and that's not a dig at you) but everyone is getting that way, and the further this goes on, the lesser a club Newcastle United will become.

We can protest all we like about Ashley, but unless we can hand him a few hundred million, or withdraw our collective financiall support of the club, he is going nowhere and we have to accept that as shitty as things are.

The manager, however, we can challenge. We can make his position untenable and that's what we should all do until he gets sacked or resigns.

It might not result in the football improving or more points on the board and better league table placings, but we cannot stand still and simply accept what is happening to our team under Pardew which is basically awful football, huge losses, derby day embarrassments, good footballers playing like pub players and a pointlessness to everything.

If we accept this, we deserve this.

I don't accept it and that's why I've long stopped going and back this sack Pardew thing 100%, we all should until the cunt is no longer our problem.