SackPardew.com

Decky

I didn't feel safe bringing my children to the match whilst SP were going around. It was awful. Thankfully they are gone now and I can bring my family to St James' in safety and not have to worry about these angry people.

Avatar says 'against modern football'. Writes a post that demonises a group of people who were against a regime that epitomised modern football.

I'm taking the p*ss :lol:

My bad  :rose:

Oh shucks, I can't stay mad at you!  :love: :rose:

SP wanted him out and got what they wanted. To try and play down their influence is churlish at best.

I'm not saying they didn't have an influence, I accept that they had a slight influence.

However, they did not "change the course of history" as people (including the Chron) are suggesting [emoji38] We hired f***ing Carver, McClaren and bought f***ing idiots like Doumbia on dodgy deals before Rafa was appointed and the course of our history was changed.

Lee Charnley didn't sit at work all those months ago thinking "oooh I better sack Schteve and bring Rafa in because of those angry SackPardew people" - he bought Rafa in because we were desperate to stay up at all costs and Ashley was willing to pay anything to achieve it. Rafa stayed because of the absolute class support he received, which the club realised.

No no no no no, you've got it completely wrong here.

A MASSIVE part of SackPardew was promoting 'short term pain for long term gain' in those exact words. Losses, poor managerial appointments, and relegation were accepted as certainties, such was the determination to just get rid of the horrible prick. So the appointment of Carver and McLaren weren't surprising at all in their ambitionlessness (definitely a word) ,in fact the appointment of McLaren was seen by some as being better than expected such is Ashley, Charley et al's ineptitude, but a poor managerial appointment was accepted by-and-large as something that needed to happen in order to break the cycle of hellish purgatory PR'd as heaven with and by Pardew.

Although Rafa's appointment wasn't a direct result of SackPardew, the whole idea was to break the cycle with Pardew, to allow the club to eventually get the right man for the job, or to lead on to making the same noises against Ashley. Rafa happening so quickly is simply a sooner-than-expected vindication of the short term pain for long term gain approach over the careful what you wish for approach.

Pardew left, rather than being sacked, we got McLaren, got relegated and still have Ashley. Looking in, it made no difference. Even the slightest reading between the lines though and it's pretty obvious that SackPardew was a push factor to Parish's pull factor and the club has improved greatly under Rafa, albeit in a lower division, as a result.

To some it doesn't end until Ashley's gone, and I'm the same in terms of the long term, our identity as a club, what's happened, worrying/being able to relax etc, but there's certainly a lot more to be proud of in spite of Ashley and that's down to Rafa, who's down to McLaren, who's massively down to SackPardew imo. THAT was the watershed moment that started it all, and we're fortunate that the cause and affect can be shown with one manager in between the two.

I agree KI that the hostility from the NUFC crowd was brought on by SP and I give them sole credit for that. However, SP did not achieve their aim (which was to get Pardew sacked). Had Palace not come in for Pardew, who knows how long he would have remained - as I said earlier, we were comfortable and midtable when he left, he was under very little pressure other than from the crowd.

Parish saw a great opportunity for Palace (ha!) to take one of their heros back to their club, which again, SP was partially responsible for.

But it is incredibly short sighted imo to say the change in the direction of the club is in any way down to SP. The only reason that Rafa was installed was because Ashley was desperate to keep us on the PL gravy train, there is no other reason for it. SP had no influence on that whatsoever.

Pardew walked at the first opportunity he had after SP put the pressure on him. It's incredibly short sighted and may I say, a tad dense to not appreciate the impact SP had. And they did it in a non egotistical way too which imo increased their credibility by staying anonymous, we may never find out who they are but whoever they are, I hope they're/he/she is enjoying the target of their excellent website getting the tin tack from his club.

The crowd were well on the turn prior to Sack Pardew like. They certainly helped and might of expedited matters but let's not crack on like they're martyrs. Self-congratulatory cringe.

My personal experience isn't that the crowd were well on the turn, like. You were looked at as if you were an upstart if you threw any abuse his way until the protests. Even at that point, there were sizable amounts of supporters who couldn't see the long-term damage his stewardship was causing and protected him with resistance to the protests.

Agree 100%. Not surprised that foulwashala is trying to rewrite history like given he was one of those who was more vocally against criticism of Pardew on here. Not that he'll admit it now mind.

SP wanted him out and got what they wanted. To try and play down their influence is churlish at best.

I'm not saying they didn't have an influence, I accept that they had a slight influence.

However, they did not "change the course of history" as people (including the Chron) are suggesting [emoji38] We hired f***ing Carver, McClaren and bought f***ing idiots like Doumbia on dodgy deals before Rafa was appointed and the course of our history was changed.

Lee Charnley didn't sit at work all those months ago thinking "oooh I better sack Schteve and bring Rafa in because of those angry SackPardew people" - he bought Rafa in because we were desperate to stay up at all costs and Ashley was willing to pay anything to achieve it. Rafa stayed because of the absolute class support he received, which the club realised.

A MASSIVE part of SackPardew was promoting 'short term pain for long term gain' in those exact words. Losses, poor managerial appointments, and relegation were accepted as certainties, such was the determination to just get rid of the horrible prick. So the appointment of Carver and McLaren weren't surprising at all in their ambitionlessness (definitely a word) ,in fact the appointment of McLaren was seen by some as being better than expected such is Ashley, Charley et al's ineptitude, but a poor managerial appointment was accepted by-and-large as something that needed to happen in order to break the cycle of hellish purgatory PR'd as heaven with and by Pardew.

Although Rafa's appointment wasn't a direct result of SackPardew, the whole idea was to break the cycle with Pardew, to allow the club to eventually get the right man for the job, or to lead on to making the same noises against Ashley. Rafa happening so quickly is simply a sooner-than-expected vindication of the short term pain for long term gain approach over the careful what you wish for approach.

Pardew left, rather than being sacked, we got McLaren, got relegated and still have Ashley. Looking in, it made no difference. Even the slightest reading between the lines though and it's pretty obvious that SackPardew was a push factor to Parish's pull factor and the club has improved greatly under Rafa, albeit in a lower division, as a result.

To some it doesn't end until Ashley's gone, and I'm the same in terms of the long term, our identity as a club, what's happened, worrying/being able to relax etc, but there's certainly a lot more to be proud of in spite of Ashley and that's down to Rafa, who's down to McLaren, who's massively down to SackPardew imo. THAT was the watershed moment that started it all, and we're fortunate that the cause and affect can be shown with one manager in between the two.

I agree KI that the hostility from the NUFC crowd was brought on by SP and I give them sole credit for that. However, SP did not achieve their aim (which was to get Pardew sacked). Had Palace not come in for Pardew, who knows how long he would have remained - as I said earlier, we were comfortable and midtable when he left, he was under very little pressure other than from the crowd.

Parish saw a great opportunity for Palace (ha!) to take one of their heros back to their club, which again, SP was partially responsible for.

But it is incredibly short sighted imo to say the change in the direction of the club is in any way down to SP. The only reason that Rafa was installed was because Ashley was desperate to keep us on the PL gravy train, there is no other reason for it. SP had no influence on that whatsoever.

Pardew walked at the first opportunity he had after SP put the pressure on him. It's incredibly short sighted and may I say, a tad dense to not appreciate the impact SP had. And they did it in a non egotistical way too which imo increased their credibility by staying anonymous, we may never find out who they are but whoever they are, I hope they're/he/she is enjoying the target of their excellent website getting the tin tack from his club.

:lol: I'm a "tad dense" yet you're completely missing the points or refusing to acknowledge it.

I've accepted the impact SP had on Pardew leaving, however, I will not accept in any way SP having any impact in Rafa being hired/the change of stance from Ashley/Charnley as it's simply ludicrous due to the points that I've already stated several times.

The whole aim was to get the damning stats out into the public domain and to give people a voice - 'shola's right that the fans were on the turn - as they were several times under him - they just lacked the tools to create an effective protest due to the disjointed nature of our support at the time. Before SP there was only really the Cardiff game when True Faith (?) nicked Hezza's idea :lol:

It was stifled - and not as powerful as it could have been at times - as every-time Pardew picked up a win all the large number of idiots were desperate to throw it back. "Where's your banners now!" etc. I'm pretty certain that it played a huge role in him choosing to leave for Palace though, if it wasn't for the fan protests I don't think he leaves at all. And in turn that's led to Rafa.

Obviously SP didn't "change Ashley's mind" or out, but the protests played a role in it eventually happening.

I had nowt to do with SP like, but I saw the massive amount of effort that went into it by some.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not sure why you're not getting this, but SackPardew's aim was to get rid of Pardew via a sacking because it seemed completely improbable that he would walk away from a cushy 8 year contract. Pardew not having been sacked is immaterial, the entire aim was to get rid of him by any means, it just so happened that he was pushed into walking because of 1. the pressure from SackPardew and 2. because Steve Parish is an idiot.

Re your point regarding Rafa, I'll just copy and paste what I previously said, because it was perfectly understandable.

Although Rafa's appointment wasn't a direct result of SackPardew, the whole idea was to break the cycle with Pardew, to allow the club to eventually get the right man for the job, or to lead on to making the same noises against Ashley. Rafa happening so quickly is simply a sooner-than-expected vindication of the short term pain for long term gain approach over the careful what you wish for approach...there's certainly a lot more to be proud of in spite of Ashley and that's down to Rafa, who's down to McLaren, who's massively down to SackPardew imo. THAT was the watershed moment that started it all, and we're fortunate that the cause and affect can be shown with one manager in between the two.

Sack Pardew morphed into the Ashley Out campaign, without them the club would be as it was, pointless and without ambition, disconnected from the fan base and the city and acting in isolation. That has change significantly, on and off the pitch, starting while the clueless McClaren was here but then continuing and being taken to a whole new level by Rafa Benitez with the re connection he has been able to create and the control he has been given by Ashley (not afforded to any previous manager under his ownership). The Sack Pardew and Ashley Out lot without doubt played a part in this entire change in mindset by the club.

The realisation that 15000 season ticket holders had no intention of renewing their season tickets was the main reason for making Ashley change his attitude and give Raffa pretty much total control of the club. Nothing to do with SP directly but Pardew had to go to start the chain of events in motion that led to the appointment of Raffa.

If that is true - why did the "Ashley Out" campaign completely die down in the 2015/2016 season with no demonstrations or show of discontent until February when things got really shit? Even then, the discontent was at McClaren and not Ashley.

I acknowledge the change from club started when McClaren was in post - investment in players, clubs media strategy totally changed and started to act like a football club again -  not sure what you're getting at here.

Guest firetotheworks

If I piss outside on my grass, then 16 months later there is a typhoon - I didn't flood the fucking garden.

This sort of unrelated, weak analogy doesn't really help your point like.

Like I've said countless times now, it was about breaking the cycle to get someone like Rafa further down the line, it wasn't a direct cause, but it was the catalyst. It's really not that hard to understand.

If I p*ss outside on my grass, then 16 months later there is a typhoon - I didn't flood the f***ing garden.

Like I've said countless times now, it was about breaking the cycle to get someone like Rafa further down the line, it wasn't a direct cause, but it was the catalyst. It's really not that hard to understand.

But SP didn't break the cycle in the first place for crying out loud :lol: Steve Parish didn't pick up the phone to NUFC because of SP, Alan Pardew who loves Palace, is a Cockney himself and wanted higher earnings didn't leave solely because of SP.

We then had a period of 16 months where Ashley still f***ed around with idiots like Carver and McClaren before relegation (and not SP) made him pump for Rafa. No fear of relegation = no Rafa = no changes.

It was a tiny influence in the grand scheme of things. As the analogy pointed out.

All of which, I've said countless times now.

Edit - this is going around in circles and has been for some time, so we'll agree to disagree.

SP only wanted Pardew gone. Sacking him seemed the only option as who in their right mind would offer him a job, and also who better than us would give him one? No one realised how stupid Palace would be. If it wasn't for the pressure of SP then there is no way Pardew would have went to Palace (despite him being a legend there) because his ego would see us as a better club and in a safe job. If it wasn't for SP then the board would still have Pardew here now, even if that meant relegation in my opinion. I think back then the only way he was leaving was if we were heading to League 1, otherwise he would be given the chance to get us back up. Also I think the sacking of McClaren only happened because SP showed that the fans won't accept an underperforming manager. Having 2 protests like SP in the space of a year would have been bad (plus people slating Carver). The club needed to get rid of McClaren before things got to the point of the SP campaign, and I think the fear of that happening had a role in to play in his sacking.

SP are partially responsible for the way our club is now, think of it like their actions in getting rid of Pardew was like of Shelvey's passes. They (SP) have created the opportunity for the forwards (NUFC) to score (get on the right path with Rafa). NUFC have taken that opportunity and got Rafa and as such SP are partially responasable for that happening by creating the opportunity. If that makes sense.

Guest firetotheworks

If I p*ss outside on my grass, then 16 months later there is a typhoon - I didn't flood the f***ing garden.

But SP didn't break the cycle in the first place for crying out loud :lol: Steve Parish didn't pick up the phone to NUFC because of SP, Alan Pardew who loves Palace, is a Cockney himself and wanted higher earnings didn't leave solely because of SP.

We then had a period of 16 months where Ashley still f***ed around with idiots like Carver and McClaren before relegation (and not SP) made him pump for Rafa. No fear of relegation = no Rafa = no changes.

It was a tiny influence in the grand scheme of things. As the analogy pointed out.

All of which, I've said countless times now.

Edit - this is going around in circles and has been for some time, so we'll agree to disagree.

Sorry like, but the thing that you've pointed out countless times has been answered countless times now, but once again...

Answer.

I can't explain it in simpler terms than that, if you don't understand it then fair enough.

If I piss outside on my grass, then 16 months later there is a typhoon - I didn't flood the fucking garden.

Exactly. They flipped the first domino.

Guest Howaythetoon

SP for me was more about educating the media and our own fans just as to what a clusterfuck of a job Pardew was doing and that drew the kind of heat on him that no manager has ever faced in the British game. He literally had nowhere to hide.

Yes the ultimate aim was for him to get sacked, hence their name, but I genuinely feel they didn't think that would ever happen with MA in charge. It was about making him be held accountable for just how shitty we had become and to make his tenure here untenable at best and it fucking worked a treat and was a huge success.

He wasn't going to get sacked, but the moment he cried his eyes out on TV (Stoke away was it?) he wanted a way out. Only his ego prevented him for resigning. Palace coming in was something he helped engineer by the way, I have no doubt his agent made it known to Palace he would leave NUFC for them. He would have fucking walked if that is what it took.

I think AO was done in the same manner as well, to educate fans and the media and to throw intense heat on his owenership and again it fucking worked and it can be argued it also threw heat on SD as well.

Since SP and the AO NUFC has transformed into the kind of club everyone can be proud of, even if its a division below. Of course that is mainly down to Rafa, but we wouldn't be here today without first SP and then AO.

We'd still be stuck with Pardew's up and down, 2 steps forward, 2 steps back purgatory rudderless ship sailing fucking nowhere.

SP educated fans, educated the media and made the owner shit himself. AO did even more. It made Ashley and Charnley act. They appointed credible people, good coaches. They spent good money. The club was starting to change. Only McClaren and his staff didn't quite have the required skills, intellect and foresight to make things work. I personally blame Charnley for McClaren's appointment and the subsequent sticking with him until it was too late.

How significant SP and AO were or have been in regards to the club today is open to debate, but for me they have played as big a part in the current NUFC as any.

Their professionalism, media savvy and general efforts should be held up as a model of how to protest, how to engage one's own fan base, how to educate and how to go about making people accountable for their own actions.

Back to Sack Pardew, they showed how much of a fraud Pardew really is and it will never escape him wherever he goes. Palace is effectively HIS club and he couldn't even get away with it there. SP.com should act like a crystal ball to anyone wanting to appoint Pardew as to what will happen. Its all there in BLACK and WHITE.

If that is true - why did the "Ashley Out" campaign completely die down in the 2015/2016 season with no demonstrations or show of discontent until February when things got really shit? Even then, the discontent was at McClaren and not Ashley.

Surely you realise it's almost impossible to create a demonstration when things aren't going terrible like, howay man. SP started with a massive bang though where as AO was a lot more subdued, it would have been very hard to get the same kind of support SP did at any point really.

In any case it's pretty clear you want to believe SP had no influence at all, despite a demonstration actually bringing Pardew to tears on the touchline (:lol:), so fair enough. I don't think there's any coincidence he looked completely untouchable until that point though, and he fled at the first opportunity.

there are websites and journalists using SP directly to this very day to discredit the guy and highlight how shite he is :lol:

KI has explained it as well as it needs to be explained but honestly, to sit here now with rafa in charge of the club and deny the impact they had is absolutely beyond me like....i could be wrong but i don't think anything of the kind has ever even been attempted in english football has it?  not only to target an underperforming shitshow of a manager for the sack but the means by which they did it

incredible stuff tbh

This is the flaw in your thesis.

Pardew leaving for Palace wasn't some Parish-led coincidence.

Pardew had already rejected the opportunity to join Palace before the SP protests really began to bite. Something about "Why would I leave" or "Not big enough" or some such.

Yet the next time to seat is empty the "favourite son" narrative is being played out, no denials are forthcoming. London, money, history, blah blah blah.

What had changed? Had Palace suddenly become a bigger club? Or Newcastle become a lesser one? No, but the Palace job became more attractive because of the SP-led protests. Wholly and solely.

Ashley and Charnley came out and said they never planned to sack him. But by making the NUFC job unattractive to Pardew, the protests achieved their goal. I don't see how there can even be debate about that.

BTW take note of HTT's thoughts about behind-the-scenes. Remember how Pardew got the job here in the first place. See how Allardyce got the Palace job. There is a lot of merit in the notion that Pardew contacted Parish and told him in advance he would be interested - the Pardew-to-Palace narrative came out almost immediately and was never challenged...

It's also been missed that there seems a very high percentage of games already scheduled live on TV who then happen to be the first game of many high profile managers.  Can think of Zola and now Fat Sam's first game this week alone.

Coincidence?    Might not be.  Maybe Sky have more power than they're being given credit for.

The whole aim was to get the damning stats out into the public domain and to give people a voice - 'shola's right that the fans were on the turn - as they were several times under him - they just lacked the tools to create an effective protest due to the disjointed nature of our support at the time. Before SP there was only really the Cardiff game when True Faith (?) nicked Hezza's idea [emoji38]

It was stifled - and not as powerful as it could have been at times - as every-time Pardew picked up a win all the large number of idiots were desperate to throw it back. "Where's your banners now!" etc. I'm pretty certain that it played a huge role in him choosing to leave for Palace though, if it wasn't for the fan protests I don't think he leaves at all. And in turn that's led to Rafa.

Obviously SP didn't "change Ashley's mind" or out, but the protests played a role in it eventually happening.

I had nowt to do with SP like, but I saw the massive amount of effort that went into it by some.

Aye they did. They changed it from a 60 minute walk out to a 69th or vice versa. I still stuck to my time as did many others. Was chuffed when I seen all my mates and dads mates in the pub as they'd walked too. Really proved to me they cared about me and the club. True faith trying to steal people's thunder again.  When actually it was about the club not any individual. Showed themselves up with that like.