SackPardew.com

Decky

What I don't understand is, why the hell were palace fans so sure we were wrong? Did they not see our league positions? And surely we would know more about the guy and how he manages as we watch the games week in week out. Always has a good first year (for them that was second half of last season and first half of this season) then will go on winning runs, losing runs, winning runs, losing runs etc. I give it 1 more year before they try to buy the SackPardew url haha

What I don't understand is, why the hell were palace fans so sure we were wrong? Did they not see our league positions? And surely we would know more about the guy and how he manages as we watch the games week in week out. Always has a good first year (for them that was second half of last season and first half of this season) then will go on winning runs, losing runs, winning runs, losing runs etc. I give it 1 more year before they try to buy the SackPardew url haha

Because your average football fan bases their opinion on mainstream media and MOTD.

fickle geordies. expect to win the champions league every year.

Yeah. Consensus in work (l live in Cheltenham) is that we think we should be in the champions league and that Pardew did a good job.

I'll have a conversation with someone. Talk facts. They'll accept it and say fair enough etc. And then they go back to speaking the same shit about Newcastle a week later. It's really thick.

At least the whole experience has ensured that I take everything the media says with a very cynical view. About any club.

Almost nobody is aware that we almost got relegated in 2013. Our players didn't even seem aware, we almost sleep walked into it. Pardew came 5th, and had a decent midtable the next year when we lost all our players. 5th wasnt good enough for the geordies though. That and geordies hate cockneys.

Because your average football fan bases their opinion on mainstream media and MOTD.

...and they are highly suggestible especially using bright colours.  :aww:

• 5 months later...

Yeah. Consensus in work (l live in Cheltenham) is that we think we should be in the champions league and that Pardew did a good job.

I'll have a conversation with someone. Talk facts. They'll accept it and say fair enough etc. And then they go back to speaking the same shit about Newcastle a week later. It's really thick.

Well that's Gloucestershire for you.

Everyday I think about what these guys have done for us!

"Support the team"

"We cant get anyone better"

You guys are up there with Keegan, Robson and Shearer for me

Those guys were amazing. So far ahead of their time that happy supporters today still probably don't realise the impact they had.

I actually managed to turn a PNE supporter and 2 Liverpool supporters against him with facts from SP and here. I must admit it took a little work on the whole agreeing with me and going back to the media line on him before accepting my view on the cunt and I wouldn't say these are particularly thick people. It's bizarre.

Not that he's my favourite journo/media person, but fair play to Colin Murray here. He read SackPardew.com and got it in spades. Went on a rant against him on radio that any of us would have been proud of, despite not being a fan iirc....