SackPardew.com

Decky

I see F10F's and Foluwashola's point like.

SP in itself didn't change the course of history but I think it at least made people sit up and listen. Disgruntled fans stopped just walking away and some came back to protest.

It was a line drawn in the sand saying we won't just sit and let you fuck our club.

SackPardew and Newcastle fans as a whole were ridiculed in the aftermath but this time next year I suspect no twat will be laughing anymore when we're back to where we were with Pardew (at least) and with a club everyone is connected with and buying into...let alone with a world class manager in charge.

I'll never forget comments like "you got rid of Pardew and now look who we have?!" Aye. Look who we have now.

I suspect Ashley just woke up and smelled the coffee. Maybe he was sick of getting it from all angles and decided to placate the masses whilst he got his sports shop in order. I think SP and moreso AO at least influenced this. Money influenced it more though.

Nonetheless, I'm proud some of our fan base stood up to be counted and kinda put themselves in the firing line for those who only like to complain behind closed doors.

It certainly (at the time) reinforced the age old song "Newcastle United will never be defeated!"

He was hiding in the dugout at the end, of course they were a factor. Personal speculation but if it was me I'd have read that website and been staggered by how clinical and professional the assassination of him as a manager was.

Guest firetotheworks

SP wanted him out and got what they wanted. To try and play down their influence is churlish at best.

I'm not saying they didn't have an influence, I accept that they had a slight influence.

However, they did not "change the course of history" as people (including the Chron) are suggesting [emoji38] We hired fucking Carver, McClaren and bought fucking idiots like Doumbia on dodgy deals before Rafa was appointed and the course of our history was changed.

Lee Charnley didn't sit at work all those months ago thinking "oooh I better sack Schteve and bring Rafa in because of those angry SackPardew people" - he bought Rafa in because we were desperate to stay up at all costs and Ashley was willing to pay anything to achieve it. Rafa stayed because of the absolute class support he received, which the club realised.

No no no no no, you've got it completely wrong here.

A MASSIVE part of SackPardew was promoting 'short term pain for long term gain' in those exact words. Losses, poor managerial appointments, and relegation were accepted as certainties, such was the determination to just get rid of the horrible prick. So the appointment of Carver and McLaren weren't surprising at all in their ambitionlessness (definitely a word) ,in fact the appointment of McLaren was seen by some as being better than expected such is Ashley, Charley et al's ineptitude, but a poor managerial appointment was accepted by-and-large as something that needed to happen in order to break the cycle of hellish purgatory PR'd as heaven with and by Pardew.

Although Rafa's appointment wasn't a direct result of SackPardew, the whole idea was to break the cycle with Pardew, to allow the club to eventually get the right man for the job, or to lead on to making the same noises against Ashley. Rafa happening so quickly is simply a sooner-than-expected vindication of the short term pain for long term gain approach over the careful what you wish for approach.

Pardew left, rather than being sacked, we got McLaren, got relegated and still have Ashley. Looking in, it made no difference. Even the slightest reading between the lines though and it's pretty obvious that SackPardew was a push factor to Parish's pull factor and the club has improved greatly under Rafa, albeit in a lower division, as a result.

To some it doesn't end until Ashley's gone, and I'm the same in terms of the long term, our identity as a club, what's happened, worrying/being able to relax etc, but there's certainly a lot more to be proud of in spite of Ashley and that's down to Rafa, who's down to McLaren, who's massively down to SackPardew imo. THAT was the watershed moment that started it all, and we're fortunate that the cause and affect can be shown with one manager in between the two.

The crowd were well on the turn prior to Sack Pardew like. They certainly helped and might of expedited matters but let's not crack on like they're martyrs. Self-congratulatory cringe.

Cardiff (H) game & the odd away aside there was rarely a murmur of discontent. Just silent acceptance of a cloob slowly draining the life out of itself and everything associated with it.

---

Checking back and just re-reading his comments after the Hull game...

"We send our love to Jonas and the messages of support we have had are fantastic. I really hope he comes back sooner than later.”

He really didn't have an ounce of shame did he?

Guest firetotheworks

The crowd were well on the turn prior to Sack Pardew like. They certainly helped and might of expedited matters but let's not crack on like they're martyrs. Self-congratulatory cringe.

And yet during the Hull protest the toughest opposition that everyone protesting faced was the home crowd. The movement against Pardew was as a result of the organised action of SackPardew imo, it didn't just happen. That's before the incredulity of some at the idea of us wanting to lose heavily to get rid of him etc.

Agree about the congratulatory bit though, most know who was behind it, so thanking 'them' is weird like. [emoji38]

And yet during the Hull protest the toughest opposition that everyone protesting faced was the home crowd. The movement against Pardew was as a result of the organised action of SackPardew imo, it didn't just happen. That's before the incredulity of some at the idea of us wanting to lose heavily to get rid of him etc.

Agree about the congratulatory bit though, most know who was behind it, so thanking 'them' is weird like. [emoji38]

Tbf I don't have a clue who was behind it. If it started on here than the constant desire to overplay the role of SackPardew makes sense. Carry on.

I'll reiterate that they did a fantastic job like. Very professional.

Of course it's SP that should take a lot of the credit, there were mumblings going on, but it was still a them and us scenario when they went to print, infighting over "careful what you wish for" "best we can get under Ashley..." etc... Had they not galvanised the support and torn Pardew apart with facts in black and white I've got a feeling he may still be here. Just as KI said, it was always going to get worse before it got better, the end game was for Ashley to have nowhere left to go and no choice but to burn his bridges, but the lucky fucker landed on his feet when Rafa came knocking on his door. He'll get his reprieve until/unless he screws over Rafa, at which point expect AO to go back into full swing.

My personal experience isn't that the crowd were well on the turn, like. You were looked at as if you were an upstart if you threw any abuse his way until the protests. Even at that point, there were sizable amounts of supporters who couldn't see the long-term damage his stewardship was causing and protected him with resistance to the protests.

Guest neesy111

Aye, thanks to Steve Wraith and Taylor off Taylor and Besty. Top folks.

craic here like?

Didn't Wraith think SP was actually set-up by Ashley?

Guest neesy111

Was handing out flyers and stickers before the Stoke away game when Pardle had a little cry.

Still had about 30 or so fans telling us to "get a grip" and "get behind him". Fucking clowns.

Stupid to call other fans Morons, it's just they have a different way of supporting the club.

I didn't feel safe bringing my children to the match whilst SP were going around. It was awful. Thankfully they are gone now and I can bring my family to St James' in safety and not have to worry about these angry people.

Avatar says 'against modern football'. Writes a post that demonises a group of people who were against a regime that epitomised modern football.

SP wanted him out and got what they wanted. To try and play down their influence is churlish at best.

I'm not saying they didn't have an influence, I accept that they had a slight influence.

However, they did not "change the course of history" as people (including the Chron) are suggesting [emoji38] We hired f***ing Carver, McClaren and bought f***ing idiots like Doumbia on dodgy deals before Rafa was appointed and the course of our history was changed.

Lee Charnley didn't sit at work all those months ago thinking "oooh I better sack Schteve and bring Rafa in because of those angry SackPardew people" - he bought Rafa in because we were desperate to stay up at all costs and Ashley was willing to pay anything to achieve it. Rafa stayed because of the absolute class support he received, which the club realised.

No no no no no, you've got it completely wrong here.

A MASSIVE part of SackPardew was promoting 'short term pain for long term gain' in those exact words. Losses, poor managerial appointments, and relegation were accepted as certainties, such was the determination to just get rid of the horrible prick. So the appointment of Carver and McLaren weren't surprising at all in their ambitionlessness (definitely a word) ,in fact the appointment of McLaren was seen by some as being better than expected such is Ashley, Charley et al's ineptitude, but a poor managerial appointment was accepted by-and-large as something that needed to happen in order to break the cycle of hellish purgatory PR'd as heaven with and by Pardew.

Although Rafa's appointment wasn't a direct result of SackPardew, the whole idea was to break the cycle with Pardew, to allow the club to eventually get the right man for the job, or to lead on to making the same noises against Ashley. Rafa happening so quickly is simply a sooner-than-expected vindication of the short term pain for long term gain approach over the careful what you wish for approach.

Pardew left, rather than being sacked, we got McLaren, got relegated and still have Ashley. Looking in, it made no difference. Even the slightest reading between the lines though and it's pretty obvious that SackPardew was a push factor to Parish's pull factor and the club has improved greatly under Rafa, albeit in a lower division, as a result.

To some it doesn't end until Ashley's gone, and I'm the same in terms of the long term, our identity as a club, what's happened, worrying/being able to relax etc, but there's certainly a lot more to be proud of in spite of Ashley and that's down to Rafa, who's down to McLaren, who's massively down to SackPardew imo. THAT was the watershed moment that started it all, and we're fortunate that the cause and affect can be shown with one manager in between the two.

I agree KI that the hostility from the NUFC crowd was brought on by SP and I give them sole credit for that. However, SP did not achieve their aim (which was to get Pardew sacked). Had Palace not come in for Pardew, who knows how long he would have remained - as I said earlier, we were comfortable and midtable when he left, he was under very little pressure other than from the crowd.

Parish saw a great opportunity for Palace (ha!) to take one of their heros back to their club, which again, SP was partially responsible for.

But it is incredibly short sighted imo to say the change in the direction of the club is in any way down to SP. The only reason that Rafa was installed was because Ashley was desperate to keep us on the PL gravy train, there is no other reason for it. SP had no influence on that whatsoever.

I didn't feel safe bringing my children to the match whilst SP were going around. It was awful. Thankfully they are gone now and I can bring my family to St James' in safety and not have to worry about these angry people.

Avatar says 'against modern football'. Writes a post that demonises a group of people who were against a regime that epitomised modern football.

I'm taking the piss :lol:

I'm taking the p*ss :lol:

My bad  :rose:

Thinking back to it now, it is absolutely frightening the apathy that engulfed our support during those horrible days. NUFC was so desperately depressing back then it actually affected me personally, it really was awful. Going to the matches and being surrounded by people who just refused to complain against a man so obviously destroying our club, it felt like the club was trapped and he genuinely was never going to leave.

Without a doubt, SP directed the nations attention to this cunt's incompetence, and definitely made him feel unwanted- and as people have stated, he is an ego manic who needs to feel like #1. It absolutely had a huge contribution to his move to Palace. I am incredibly grateful to those fantastic people- arguably they twisted the clubs arm into hiring a competent manager ie Rafa. Wonderful people.

Still, without being negative, it is very concerning but also hard to forgive in the majority of our fanbase for possessing such a gutless, defeatist mentality to 'supporting' the club during this era. If you were to call those Pardew sympathizers something derogatory I would absolutely contribute. Those people who criticised the real fans who called for Pardew's sacking should be eternally ashamed and shamed for their behavior. Spineless,  complicit cunts.

Long live those at Sack Pardew! <3