League Cup Quarter Final Draw - Tottenham Hotspur (a) W/C 15th December

Dave

If the club wins a trophy, it doesn't matter who the manager is. I don't rate the carling cup as a competition mind you, but Pardew doesn't make a difference either way.

I would happily accept ten more years of Pardew in exchange for a trophy

That would take me up to 48. 10 years is a fucking long time for a (poxy) League Cup tbh.

Not happening anyway. Beat Spurs and you've got chelsea, Liverpool or Soton over 2 legs and  then a final against another one of them at Wembley. We did well tonight, no arguments, but it doesn't even begin to paper over the cracks we'e all seen over the last 2 years.

You'd be 48 but you'd have seen a trophy in your lifetime.  How many nufc fans past, present, or future could claim that?

I'd do it without a second thought.

Couldn't give a fuck. It's been awful to support NUFC for years. 1 cup win under this twat means nothing compared to the 10 years of misery.

The main problem is that nobody good is going to get knocked out.

Derby and Bournemouth are quite good tbf and you can never tell quite how seriously any prem team will take the league cup let alone the champions league level dudes

Mourinho is gasping for silverwear & has a ridiculous squad and a succession of easy draws, always. Be amazed if they didn't win.

Chelsea seem to get an obscene amount of easy draws. This has been the case for what seems like the past decade or so, across all competitions.

genuine question were any of you born the last time we won a trophy (no stupid ones) , i am 51 and personally if Pardew does win one i will give him a big kiss and say " thanks waited all my life for that " .Likely hood get knocked out before the final but who cares its good to dream and whoever thought Di Matteo would win Champions league with Chelski after there billions spent ,sometimes the most unlikely source makes a dream come true .

25, been going 20 years, so no. I would fucking love a trophy.

If the club wins a trophy, it doesn't matter who the manager is. I don't rate the carling cup as a competition mind you, but Pardew doesn't make a difference either way.

That would take me up to 48. 10 years is a fucking long time for a (poxy) League Cup tbh.

Not happening anyway. Beat Spurs and you've got chelsea, Liverpool or Soton over 2 legs and  then a final against another one of them at Wembley. We did well tonight, no arguments, but it doesn't even begin to paper over the cracks we'e all seen over the last 2 years.

You'd be 48 but you'd have seen a trophy in your lifetime.  How many nufc fans past, present, or future could claim that?

Would you rather have Pardew plus a fluked trophy or Keegan's trophy-less Entertainers?

I wasn't around for the entertainers so I probably have no idea what I'm doing, but Pardew plus the fluked trophy all the way

I don't even know what to say to this. Glory supporting might be more your thing if trophy's are all you care about.

:lol:

I'd understand this sort of attitude if this was a ten year drought or something.  It's been thirty five years since our last trophy.  The last time we won anything domestically Stalin was still in power. Most likely we won't even see a trophy in our lifetime. 

Of course I'd take ten years of shit for a league cup win.  Especially since we're pretty likely to be shit regardless anyway.

Would you rather have Pardew plus a fluked trophy or Keegan's trophy-less Entertainers?

I wasn't around for the entertainers so I probably have no idea what I'm doing, but Pardew plus the fluked trophy all the way

I don't even know what to say to this. Glory supporting might be more your thing if trophy's are all you care about.

:lol:

I'd understand this sort of attitude if this was a ten year drought or something.  It's been thirty five years since our last trophy.  The last time we won anything domestically Stalin was still in power. Most likely we won't even see a trophy in our lifetime. 

Of course I'd take ten years of shit for a league cup win.  Especially since we're pretty likely to be shit regardless anyway.

Honestly, try Chelsea. They're looking good for a trophy or two this year. The football isn't even that good so you'd win there too.

If I was supporting a club that actually wins these things on a regular basis, why would I even give a shit?

I imagine you'll be cheering for the other team if we make the finals? Because if we win a cup, Pardew is never, ever leaving.

Will Spurs have a Europa tie the previous Thursday? I know the European matches take a break in December but don't know when so can only hope this tie comes when Spurs are hopefully knackered.

Wanted to avoid Chelsea and Liverpool away first though Spurs and Southampton away would have been equally tough. Winnable tbh.

Yes

http://i.imgur.com/KhTKc6t.png

Thanks.

Away to Besiktas and the Swansea before us? Good.

Think it means the Swansea match will be rescheduled.

It all depends on whether Spurs would have qualified for the next round of Europa League by then. Considering it's their last group match, they might well send out a weakened team at Besiktas if things go their way.

Swansea won't be rescheduled. Just means our game will probably be on Wednesday 17th.

They also play Everton on 30th november, so this will be their 6th game in 18 days including a lot of aways and travel to the far depths of Europe. It's a very difficult tie but absolutely winnable, especially if they lose a few of those games and have the crowd on their back.

NUFC                                            THFC

29 Nov  West Ham (a)                30 Nov  Everton (h)

2 Dec    Burnley (a)                      3 Dec    Chelsea (a)

6 Dec    Chelsea (h)                    6 Dec    Crystal Palace (h)

11 Dec    Besiktas (a)

13 Dec  Arsenal (a)                    14 Dec    Swansea (a)

xx Dec  Spurs (a)                        xx Dec    Newcastle (h)           

21 Dec  Sunderland (h)              20 Dec    Burnley (h)

26 Dec  Man Utd (a)                  26 Dec    Leicester (a)

28 Dec  Everton (h)                    28 Dec    Man Utd (h)

I think we travel more than they do in the same period of time, especially if they could afford to send a second team for Besiktas if they have qualified by then. Nobody is forgetting our need to conserve our limited resources during that December run either. :lol:

Anyone who would not want to win a cup, is surely not right in the head.

Putting aside the managerial conatations (if we did actually win one under Pardew) we have an incredibly poor record in winning anything (in more than my lifetime so far) so surely finally changing that has to be a good thing for the club, players and fans.

Guest alijmitchell

People seriously asking themselves about enjoying a cup win? I know we all hate Pardew but shit man, that is a low fucking ebb.

Have to say it would feel bittersweet winning a trophy right now. I'd have waited all my life to see a man I absolutely loathe win a trophy for a club I currently feel seriously detached from.

Think winning a trophy would be a major turning point for Pardews popularity.

Hard draw - would have hoped that we'd have got the reward of a home tie.

The amount of times we've been draw away from home in both domestic cups over the last decade or so is ridiculous. Can anyone work it out because surely. it's beyond the realms of bad luck?