Newcastle 2-1 Chelsea - 6/12/2014 - Post match 'wtf?!' from p. 27

Mike

Maybe not entirely appropriate at the minute :lol:  But fourth result of a search on "satisfied gif"

http://25.media.tumblr.com/5999007c06b39abd4ac520063b9b263b/tumblr_msz48kSlEw1qa5i5mo1_500.gif

:lol: Cos gifs are creepy as shit now.

makes me worry what's happening below the camera's line of sight.

I've never understood this idea as well that "My team played really well, all we did is lack the fundamental ability to shoot" kind of thing managers say.  It's a fairly big part of the game.  If your team doesn't pass the ball well, it looks crap and everyone can see it.  Pass the ball alright though but fail to hit the goal with any venom and you'll be lauded as playing well in defeat.  If all your attacking players have missed the goal with the vast majority of their shots they've essentially been poor.  It's one of the major gripes I had with the amount of shots we'd been missing in the early part of this season.  We've improved a bit, but sometimes I wonder if teams are doing any shooting training.

I've never understood this idea as well that "My team played really well, all we did is lack the fundamental ability to shoot" kind of thing managers say.  It's a fairly big part of the game.  If your team doesn't pass the ball well, it looks crap and everyone can see it.  Pass the ball alright though but fail to hit the goal with any venom and you'll be lauded as playing well in defeat.  If all your attacking players have missed the goal with the vast majority of their shots they've essentially been poor.  It's one of the major gripes I had with the amount of shots we'd been missing in the early part of this season.  We've improved a bit, but sometimes I wonder if teams are doing any shooting training.

managers are fluent in bullshit, never should pay too much attention to anything they say

managers are fluent in bullshit, never should pay too much attention to anything they say

This is of course very true!

I'll add that Chelsea had 26 shots today and missed the goal with 18 of them.  That's poor and so they didn't do as well in the game as they might have.  That's not magic, it's poor from their attacking players and so it contributed heavily to the loss.  It certainly doesn't point to them playing definitively well.  We had a poor goalkeeper and a new goalkeeper for them to aim at.  There were a few decent saves made, but not De Gea against Stoke last week kind of level.

I just saw the result. What did you do? :lol:

Big congrats :thup:

Mourinho owned tactically by Pardiola.

Are the media picking up on Perez's  progress over there?  The boys got talent, very good feet and works his socks off. He'll move on from us too soon.

Are the media picking up on Perez's  progress over there?  The boys got talent, very good feet and works his socks off. He'll move on from us too soon.

No.

Our mainstream sports press is pretty insular on that regard.

No.

Our mainstream sports press is pretty insular on that regard.

Excellent.