Newcastle 2-1 Chelsea - 6/12/2014 - Post match 'wtf?!' from p. 27

Mike

Guest firetotheworks

I agree like. I still celebrate our goals but if Chelsea had got an equaliser, I wouldn't have been too arsed. In previous years results ruin/make my week, but these days I brush off bad results without a second thought.

You wouldn't have been too arsed if chelsea had equalised?

I wouldn't because come end of the season 3p or 1p against Chelsea will still mean midtable.

Been a brilliant weekend so far, largely because of the win. Hell, even looking forward to work Monday. :lol:

Fuck knows how much difference the points make at the end of the season, but to not be fussed about getting wins? Sorry, however you feel about Pardew, just can't get my head around that.

Not understanding is a two way street. Personally I can't understand getting excited about a win when the larger picture is that we know we're going absolutely nowhere with it and that that's exactly what the club wants. I'd be less sour faced about it if I was proud of our club, but I'm mostly ashamed of it, and that includes a lot of the fans. I'm basically left supporting an idea that's only left in my head and is summed up in the SBR "What is a club in any case?"

We are none of the things he spoke of.

Absolutely loved that. Still raging about 6 minutes like. 6 minutes?!! Could at least try to be discreet with their cheating.

Drogba remains a disgusting human.

It felt like about 9 minutes. :lol: Time passes quicker on a f***ing treadmill.

Was doing my head in, I Kept looking at the clock in the corner of the telly. End up putting a book there to block the clock

I dislike Pardew as much as the next fan, but f***ing howay :lol: I'd have been seething had we conceded an equaliser at the death as would pretty much everyone on here.

Nope I'm deadly serious, I feel absolutely nothing whether we win or lose. People may not like it but it's what it is and it's not gonna change till these cunts fuck off.

BottledDog is one of those curious types who is just over the moon that Shepherd's not here. Ultra-critical of everything the club did up until mid-2007, and absolutely delighted with everything since.

It's ok you know. You're allowed to admit that both regimes are scum.

I enjoyed the win yesterday and football wise, it's been a cracking weekend with Blyth winning too. The regime are scum, the manager is a hoop-licking chancer, but it's good to be getting some enjoyment again from it. I like the look of Perez, Janmaat and Sissoko with him being moved centrally. Colback did very well yesterday too - that tackle on Hazard to set up the 2nd was tremendous. :)

BottledDog is one of those curious types who is just over the moon that Shepherd's not here. Ultra-critical of everything the club did up until mid-2007, and absolutely delighted with everything since.

So true but strange how different the two regimes were.

Generally agree with Ronaldo's comment. I somehow feel disconnected with the club but it's nice to see the likes of Janmaat and Ayoze do well. I'm sort of clinging on to the hope that the likes of Tottenham, Arsenal or Liverpool will approach Pardew with a job.

I'm looking at it in a way of thinking where it can't go on forever.  I'll outlast Ashley and Pardew, so I'm sure I'll still be around when they're gone from the club.  It'll be a sweet day when either or both of those things happen.

I must say I was over the moon with the win yesterday. I was firmly in the camp at the start of the season anything to get Pardew Out, however I learned that's not going to happen anytime soon. While I'm happy with the 3 points I am no Pardew fan,  just hope a good run will attract other clubs to him.  I fully understand fans who take no enjoyment out of positive results at the moment. I'm easily sucked in by good results. I know I'm building myself up for a fall I know. But it's been so shit for a year or so now that when something like yesterday and the result in the cup against Man City happens I'm going to be happy.

Pffft. :lol:

Well yeah, it's fair to say I was struggling with the arse end of Shepherds time and the egotist reactionary he'd become, and after having to defend Robert/Bellamy from our own support that had bought into the new hardline direction post Robson, became er... pretty bitter.

I'm all too aware of the irony in that and how similar things are for a fair few of you now (even down to the HBA situation being just as symbolic of kicking the joy of the game in the nuts) but I just haven't bought into the feeling of hopelessness yet. I don't think Ashley is a lost cause (mainly because despite making as many fuckups as sensible decisions, the club's pretty healthy and he's just as capable of splashing any excess cash in the next few seasons as he is to get bored and sell up in 2016), and as for Pardew, I hate his cowardly tendencies, his inability to keep faith with certain players, and wouldn't shed a single tear if he was sacked in the morning, but I don't hate the guy and I don't think he's as one dimensional as is some like to paint him as. I also think he will be dropped in a heartbeat if we flirt with relegation again (granted that's not much of a display of ambition).

Yet, unlike the back end of Shepherds time I don't think the club is in danger and in fact think we have a squad, structure and soon to be improved facilities that might attract a decent future manager (if Ashley grew some balls, or even a new owner if one came a'sniffing). Oh, and I don't see how either of them have killed the clubs soul, despite the tacky shit on the walls. I still enjoy games and the losses still hurt (though even I admit league losses don't hurt quite as much as things stand) and even find things in the club and support to still be very proud about. I can sort of understand why that is a seemingly minority view on here though. Hopefully we'll all be able to get back on board in the not to distant future. Fuck joining Kaka on team 'everything is terrible' again. :thup:

I don't think Ashley is a lost cause (mainly because despite making as many fuckups as sensible decisions, the club's pretty healthy and he's just as capable of splashing any excess cash in the next few seasons as he is to get bored and sell up in 2016),

Battered wife syndrome.

As many fuckups as sensible decisions. lol

Lol. Yeah.

You disagree? Reckon it's arguable which side's winning currently (I would probably go with fuckups overall, at least commercially and managerially), but being positive, you could also argue that he has recognised and learnt from some of the poorer decisions. We are certainly not going backwards currently.

He's made plenty of sensible decisions to line his own pockets. Very few that will benefit NUFC in the long term.

You can say he gains from advertising, but even that wont last if he takes the club to the cleaners. Fact is, most of the things he's doing are long term, seeking profitability, aiming for cat 1 status, spending money on training facilities, primarily investing in youth. Yeah, even the fkn bore hole. :lol:

All those things may ultimately benefit his own pockets (unless he returns to being the rare altruistic benefactor he purported to be before things went pear shaped) whether he sticks around or eventually sells up, but only because they also benefit/add value to is the club we all choose to invest in also.

Just looked at our bench for this game and its quite strong.  The depth we have this season is quite impressive.

That wasn't the case at the start of the season though. Our squad depth is only rather strong because the kids have came good, Pardew will play it as his masterstroke of coaching but it's nothing to do with him, he was shocked liked the rest of us when he played the kids against City and we won.