Newcastle 2-1 Chelsea - 6/12/2014 - Post match 'wtf?!' from p. 27

Mike

I honestly still don't give a fuck. It means nowt.

It used to mean that we had something to look forward to or that we were seen as a real force. Now it's treated like a massive shock and we'll happily go back to 'where we belong'

We beat Chelsea at home, that's good, but it's not that big a deal and I still and will always want Pardew out the door. Until then I doubt I'll be able to ever enjoy a victory to its potential fullest.

This is the more level-headed version of my feelings.

Me too. Can't stand how it feels but there's nothing I can do about it.

At this point I take a small amount of enjoyment from promising player performances. I take zero enjoyment from good results, and always will with Pardew in the dugout. Sad, and I'm sure someone will use it against me at some point, but it's exactly how I feel.

Guest firetotheworks

It might sound melodramatic, but I enjoyed watching some of the things that Janmaat did probably more than the victory. As a team, they're boring, but we already know this, it's no surprise, it's just the little bits that players like Janmaat, Perez and to a lesser extent Sissoko and Cabella do that provide a bit of levity for me.

I honestly still don't give a f***. It means nowt.

It used to mean that we had something to look forward to or that we were seen as a real force. Now it's treated like a massive shock and we'll happily go back to 'where we belong'

We beat Chelsea at home, that's good, but it's not that big a deal and I still and will always want Pardew out the door. Until then I doubt I'll be able to ever enjoy a victory to its potential fullest.

This is the more level-headed version of my feelings.

Me too. Can't stand how it feels but there's nothing I can do about it.

Yep. I slept in and missed our game this morning, and I'm not really that arsed. I slept in for a game and missed a win when I was abroad in 2012 and was absolutely gutted.

Btw, I know this is a touchy subject, but is it not time to stop the clapping on 17 minutes? It's at the point now where everybody is doing it pretty half heartedly and I think it'd be more respectful to have some closure rather than have people doing it out of habit.

I think you're right. It'll taper down to something semi-disrespectful, basically.

I thought it was daft as soon as they said they were doing it all season. One game would have been fine.

At this point I take a small amount of enjoyment from promising player performances. I take zero enjoyment from good results, and always will with Pardew in the dugout. Sad, and I'm sure someone will use it against me at some point, but it's exactly how I feel.

http://i.imgur.com/bZde0vP.jpg

I always enjoy us beating Liverpool no matter who the manager is. That made my day a few weeks back. This Chelsea team is also full of cheating scum, and utter wankers, from Mourinho to Terry to Drogba and Costa, and I must admit I loved beating them because of that.

What are people going to do if we beat Spurs and get to the semis of the cup? You just know how things happen man, sod's law, this cunt will be the one to finally end the trophy drought up here. What do we do then? NOT enjoy our first trophy in ages?

It's really exasperating to feel this way. I've felt this way about NUFC for the last 2 years. I've reached a point where I'm ready to give up on football completely if this is all I'm getting from the club I support. These wins give me a little hope that the love affair isn't over forever, and is above Pardew or Ashley.

This is exactly how I feel about things as well.

Exactly how I feel. I would usually be buzzing about this, now when we score I just stand up clapping. Sad state of affairs tbh, I hate it and I wish I could be like I used too.

Feel the same myself. Admittedly, its great seeing us beat the likes of Chelsea, and I did raise a smile seeing Papiss reeling away with a beaming smile. But then the TV cuts to the dugout, and we get the slimy fraud celebrating with his cohorts, and you just think... at least 4 more years.

Shame really, but I still give the credit for our recent upturn in results to the players.... a few of which probably wouldn't have seen first team action if Pardew had a full squad (of his favourites) to choose from.

Injuries have meant he's HAD to dip into the reserves, and those players have stepped up and performed. We've also had a decent amount of fortune in some of the recent wins (teams out of form, playing just after europe, etc) which all adds to the myth that this turnaround is all down to 'under pressure Pardew'.

He has started touting arguably our best player this season for a January move too.

The protests have certainly opened his eyes and ears though, and who knows - without SackPardew.com maybe we'd still be bottom of the league now.

The key will be the cup run. If we can progress and take the semi/final seriously, then maybe there has been a change in thought behind the scenes.

We'll wait and see.

Absolutely loved that. Still raging about 6 minutes like. 6 minutes?!! Could at least try to be discreet with their cheating.

Drogba remains a disgusting human.

It felt like about 9 minutes. :lol: Time passes quicker on a fucking treadmill.

Btw, I know this is a touchy subject, but is it not time to stop the clapping on 17 minutes? It's at the point now where everybody is doing it pretty half heartedly and I think it'd be more respectful to have some closure rather than have people doing it out of habit.

I tend to agree with this to be honest.

Mourinho asked Pardew what we/he was clapping about, and after he found out he started clapping too, which I thought was decent.

I love the roar after the applause though, wish the atmosphere could always stay at that level

I agree like. I still celebrate our goals but if Chelsea had got an equaliser, I wouldn't have been too arsed. In previous years results ruin/make my week, but these days I brush off bad results without a second thought.

You wouldn't have been too arsed if chelsea had equalised?

I agree like. I still celebrate our goals but if Chelsea had got an equaliser, I wouldn't have been too arsed. In previous years results ruin/make my week, but these days I brush off bad results without a second thought.

I wouldn't because come end of the season 3p or 1p against Chelsea will still mean midtable.

I wouldn't because come end of the season 3p or 1p against Chelsea will still mean midtable.

Been a brilliant weekend so far, largely because of the win. Hell, even looking forward to work Monday. :lol:

Fuck knows how much difference the points make at the end of the season, but to not be fussed about getting wins? Sorry, however you feel about Pardew, just can't get my head around that.

Same, I feel nothing at the moment. Used to get insanely excited when a goal was scored but now there's nothing.

I was more arsed about losing clean sheet points for Dummet and Janmaat than anything else. If they'd got an equaliser it'd have been a shrug of the shoulders and off to do something else.