Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Tbh if we look at records you could say Garde and Tuchel's are not all that impressive either.

It's a lot deeper than that. What style of football does he play?  How is he with developing and improving players? How is he tactically?

Not saying he's any good, he's probably crap but results can be misleading.

I think we've reached the point where we've gone beyond comparing any potential new managers to Pardew and are now comparing them to Garde :lol:

Tbh if we look at records you could say Garde and Tuchel's are not all that impressive either.

It's a lot deeper than that. What style of football does he play?  How is he with developing and improving players? How is he tactically?

I think we've reached the point where we've gone beyond comparing any potential new managers to Pardew and are now comparing them to Garde :lol:

You're right. Maybe the media has been right about us deluded Newcastle fans all along :lol:

:lol:

True enough, I was trying to compare to other supposed candidates tbh I get what you mean though. :thup:

Just to piggyback off my previous point though, Koeman only won 22 games out of 58 in his spells at Valencia and Alkmaar.

Now he looks the fucking bees knees at Southampton, I'd say that results are more about circumstances of the situation more than anything.

:lol:

True enough, I was trying to compare to other supposed candidates tbh I get what you mean though. :thup:

Just to piggyback off my previous point though, Koeman only won 22 games out of 58 in his spells at Valencia and Alkmaar.

Now he looks the f***ing bees knees at Southampton, I'd say that results are more about circumstances of the situation more than anything.

Yep,  made that point yesterday I believe about Garde and having to deal with PSG Qatari Investment, and 1-off anomaly teams like Lille and Montpelier led by excellent managers in Garcia and Girard.

I don't know if anybody has posted this already but there's some fantastic insight into what makes Garde tick in this article. Quotes from Gerard Houllier and a french journalist Julien Laurens are very encouraging. Hope we don't hang about too long over this, I'm sold.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/remi-garde-newcastle-uniteds-new-8419823#rlabs=7

I know nothing about him, but this sounds very troubling. And familiar.

Let’s start with Labbadia the man. And no, I’m not referring to any off-pitch superinjunction-inviting rumours from previous jobs, but simply his media personality. That press conference blow-up was really the nadir of a character trait that has bothered fans for some time – a victim mentality. That’s not to say his feelings are without reason, but there’s little doubt Labbadia (consciously or not) also shifts the blame as a defence mechanism. He likes to claim that he is constricted by a lack of financial clout, a small squad, unrealistic expectations and a lack of appreciation for his work from the fans in the stadium. How fair is this? Well it might be true that the surprise title win six years ago raised some people’s expectations for the future to unsustainable levels, the first-team squad does lack the depth to maintain a strong challenge on three fronts, and in money terms the club of course cannot compete with the very best. - See more at: http://bundesligafanatic.com/labbadias-and-stuttgarts-way-forward/#sthash.ymxmZCvD.dpuf

Results are incredibly overrated in football in general, when assessing the quality of managers and decisions. It's one of the stupidest things about what is supposed to be an elite-level sport.

Stuff like, "we won the game so the decision was right" make me want to smash things. TBF it's sometimes Robbie Savage saying them.

It's nigh on impossible to guess what's true and what's not any more. There is so much being spoken about at the moment, so many rumours.

I am pinning my hopes on the fact that Graham Carr has an input in the choice of manager.

For me, that's the best thing to focus on until something more concrete comes out.

It's nigh on impossible to guess what's true and what's not any more. There is so much being spoken about at the moment, so many rumours.

I am pinning my hopes on the fact that Graham Carr has an input in the choice of manager.

For me, that's the best thing to focus on until something more concrete comes out.

Same here, although I've gone from being quite happy waiting to sweating it out a bit.