Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

If the person (Garde) wants to come at the end of the season I would be alright with that, but it would have to be signed and sealed now. It would be a disaster to leave Carver in post until the end of the season without knowing who we were getting after.

The most likely explanation IMO is that Garde would like to come, but wants to wait until the end of the season, when he can bring in the backroom staff that he wants. They're not likely to want to leave Lyon in the middle of the season, and Lyon are unlikely to want to let them go at this point. I'm not sure if it would be wise to pressure Garde to join up now, into a situation which he is saying is not satisfactory to him.

The club could ask Carver to stay on till the end of the season, but that would be awkward as Carver has made it clear he wants the permanent job. They could tell him that if he does well, the job will be his, but then that could potentially rule out Garde and other possible candidates in June.

As for the other candidates that they are supposed to be interviewing, I suspect that the best that could be hoped for is that they're prepared to consider the job at the end of the season.

Hence the limbo. I suspect the least worst option is to have Carver on a trial basis till the end of the season, and then review the situation then.

But Garde is available now, why would he need to wait until Lyon's backroom staff are available? He could surely use our staff until the summer, it hardly sounds like a reason for delaying a new career.

Also if Garde is to bring his own staff - now or at the end of the season it means Carver is getting the chop. Garde is unlikely to want to work for the the remaining 17 games with a second in command who knows he is being sacked. So the only reasonable scenario is either - getting his old staff now and getting shot of Carver and Co. or waiting until the end of the season.

My guess is the hold up is because we are haggling over Carver's release and the cost of getting Garde's staff.

This is a good point actually. It would obviously be a pretty awkward and uncomfortable atmosphere for Garde to be working with coaches and staff who know they are getting the sack in a few months.

The most likely explanation IMO is that Garde would like to come, but wants to wait until the end of the season, when he can bring in the backroom staff that he wants. They're not likely to want to leave Lyon in the middle of the season, and Lyon are unlikely to want to let them go at this point. I'm not sure if it would be wise to pressure Garde to join up now, into a situation which he is saying is not satisfactory to him.

The club could ask Carver to stay on till the end of the season, but that would be awkward as Carver has made it clear he wants the permanent job. They could tell him that if he does well, the job will be his, but then that could potentially rule out Garde and other possible candidates in June.

As for the other candidates that they are supposed to be interviewing, I suspect that the best that could be hoped for is that they're prepared to consider the job at the end of the season.

Hence the limbo. I suspect the least worst option is to have Carver on a trial basis till the end of the season, and then review the situation then.

But Garde is available now, why would he need to wait until Lyon's backroom staff are available? He could surely use our staff until the summer, it hardly sounds like a reason for delaying a new career.

the summer part doesn't but lyon presumably wanting compensation does

It would be very messy for Garde to come in and not be able to put his preferred coaching staff in place straight away. The existing ones would probably resign out of principle anyway.

don't see why, 5 months of evaluating what he's got before he puts them all in a skip

It would be very messy for Garde to come in and not be able to put his preferred coaching staff in place straight away. The existing ones would probably resign out of principle anyway.

That would be even better, we wouldn't have to pay them off and could use that money to pay compensation for Lyon's coaches.

Didn't Carver at some point say that he was willing to stay and work with a new manager?

Carver would be willing to lick his shoes if it meant he had a job.

Would love to see him thrown out on his arse.

Just use part of the f***ing 3.5 million we got for cuntybollocks to 'pay off' the Lyon coaching staff (even if it's only to secure their release in the summer).

Get Garde in now, let him assess the squad and work with maybe Colo or Sissoko as senior pro to help facilitate this.

oh and just...

Kill/bin/torture/send out of the atmosphere/assfuck with a 12" stap on dildo, f***ing Carver

We got one of the biggest compensation fee's (reportedly) for getting rid of that grey haired prick of all time for a manager. 

Doesn't matter how big compensation would be to bring in Garde, his coaches, get rid of Stone/Charver/Woodman, it wouldn't be more than the money we got for Pardew fucking off I reckon.

There may have a dilemma if there are potentially better coaches who have expressed an interest but who won't be available until the end of the season.  It seems to be accepted that Garde would like the job but we don't know whether he would want to start immediately or wait until the Summer.  Do they wait for someone who may end up getting a better offer thinking they have Garde as Plan B? If they do that, will Garde then decide to pursue other options rather than wait.

The ideal scenario would be for the new guy to come in now and get to know the squad so he is ready for the next season.  And although the club say the new guy will only be responsible for coaching the team, there must be loads of other stuff the Head Coach would have to be involved in such as planning for pre-season.  Also even though they say the coach will not have any involvement in transfers, I cannot believe that the board will not seek some input from the coach because it is not as if they are at the training ground every day monitoring player's development and being able to judge (other than if a ridiculous offer was received) when it is the right time to move them on.

And should they even be seriously considering appointing Carver in that role, then I hope they look back at how often caretaker managers (regardless of how good a coach they are e.g. Brian Kidd) end up failing after an initial good run.  We only need to look back at Glenn Roeder to see that.

Also if Garde is to bring his own staff - now or at the end of the season it means Carver is getting the chop. Garde is unlikely to want to work for the the remaining 17 games with a second in command who knows he is being sacked. So the only reasonable scenario is either - getting his old staff now and getting shot of Carver and Co. or waiting until the end of the season.

Yep. For me it's a matter of eliminating the unfeasible and seeing what's left. I don't think we'd be able to get Lyon's backroom staff now, and as you say, Garde attempting to work with coaching staff who would basically be dead men walking would be very difficult.

There's a possibility that the club are still looking for another option ie a manager who would be prepared to come in now and work with the current staff, at least until he'd be able to assess whether or not that was working.

My guess is the hold up is because we are haggling over Carver's release and the cost of getting Garde's staff.

This is a good point actually. It would obviously be a pretty awkward and uncomfortable atmosphere for Garde to be working with coaches and staff who know they are getting the sack in a few months.

It is a good point, but I would be very surprised if we're that far down the line. I would suggest we're still trying to work out the cost implications of the various scenarios. I guess they will then go to Ashley with them.

This is assuming Garde even wants the job and we want him.

Just use part of the f***ing 3.5 million we got for cuntybollocks to 'pay off' the Lyon coaching staff (even if it's only to secure their release in the summer).

Get Garde in now, let him assess the squad and work with maybe Colo or Sissoko as senior pro to help facilitate this.

oh and just...

Kill/bin/torture/send out of the atmosphere/assfuck with a 12" stap on dildo, f***ing Carver

It really is that easy. People seem to think we are poor, but we just got a huge payout for the fuckwitt along with the ridiculous levels of profit we've made over the last year or two. Money speaks, I don't care what walk of life you are in.

My big hope in this is that Graham Carr is involved in the process.

He seems to pull the strings football wise and its obvious that Ashley trusts him to earn him some money in buying in scouted talent on the cheap. 

If he wants to appoint someone like Garde, I'm guessing he'll have sold it to Ashley.

Money may speak but if the coaches at Lyon think they can win something this season then it will be more difficult to get them to join now. If I was them I'd certainly be looking to join in the summer instead. If Lyon weren't within a good chance of winning something then I'm sure they would be more willing to come now or would actively be looking to come now.

In all honesty if I was Garde I'd come now on the condition that the coaches from Lyon came at the end of the season. Myself personally I could deal with Carver for a few months and try to install my way into them. Having Carver and Stone about could prove useful in order to hand over bits of information about players to Garde in the meantime.