Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

As if it's really a thing where we'd hate anything he said. If he came out and said we were going to appoint and support a new manager imminently in this transfer window nobody would have been harsh. Instead the bullet points from the interview are:

- Pardew was never in danger of losing his job.

- We're so useless we had no backup plans in place.

- No need to worry about the manager effecting the transfer window because we won't buy anyone anyway.

- We might sell someone important.

- New manager might not be appointed till the summer.

- We've not even considered the threat of awful football performance and relegation.

How could anyone read that article and have a positive response? Reading between the lines it confirms every fear any sensible fan has about the club.

Club. :hmm:

Fair points. These guys don't seem to want a football club, at least not one reflecting the pride of the city; It's all fairly sensible stuff if he was addressing an AGM, but as a passionate rally to the supporters it's f***ing woeful.

In my opinion we would have been playing in a blue, white and red strip plastered with Sports Direct logos if Mike Ashley thought he could get away with it. The stadium name change fiasco shows he has no intent on letting the fans hold onto the history. The man has no soul and no empathy for how to care about what the people he's supposed to care about want. It gets clearer with every statement that we're a big TV advertising hoarding that needs its maintenance and it means little else to him

What the fuck is Charnley on about that some candidates 'genuinely can't move now'?

Completely unwilling to pay a single penny in compensating another team to hire their manager.

Except he suggests that they are.

There are some that can [come now], whether they are tied to other clubs but have a compensation element involved or are out-of-work.

I interpret that as "some of the applicants would require us to pay compensation for". It's a nothing statement. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Just because they've mentioned the word compensation doesn't mean they're intending to pay any...

What the fuck is Charnley on about that some candidates 'genuinely can't move now'?

Completely unwilling to pay a single penny in compensating another team to hire their manager.

There are some that can [come now], whether they are tied to other clubs but have a compensation element involved or are out-of-work.

Eh? he's saying the exact opposite.

No, no he's not. He's including the ones with buyout clauses as possibles for immediate appointment.

As if it's really a thing where we'd hate anything he said. If he came out and said we were going to appoint and support a new manager imminently in this transfer window nobody would have been harsh. Instead the bullet points from the interview are:

- No need to worry about the manager effecting the transfer window because we won't buy anyone anyway.

- We've not even considered the threat of awful football performance and relegation.

How could anyone read that article and have a positive response? Reading between the lines it confirms every fear any sensible fan has about the club.

Decent summary when you take away all the layers of verbal makeup :thup:

The first two bullets are by far the most concerning to me. Even if we had our own version of SAF in charge, the MD should always have a list of potential replacements that is constantly updated. Just like we should (or possibly do) have a list of players at each position we'd be interested in.

Eh? he's saying the exact opposite.

No, no he's not. He's including the ones with buyout clauses as possibles for immediate appointment.

Nah, he's saying there are some that can come now but then goes on to say why they can't. Why is it a problem that there is compen to pay?

:lol: Fucked if I'm defending this lame ass statement, but he really is saying that compensation is an option. They are not out of work, but are available now.

Decent summary when you take away all the layers of verbal makeup :thup:

The first two bullets are by far the most concerning to me. Even if we had our own version of SAF in charge, the MD should always have a list of potential replacements that is constantly updated. Just like we should (or possibly do) have a list of players at each position we'd be interested in.

Under Llambias, club said they had a first and second choice replacement for every single squad member, never mind first team player.  Do not believe that they had no list of targets

"we moved on significantly as a club during his four years, on and off the field, and Alan played a big part in that and I thank him"

Just fucking no

To be fair if you are a retard and look at it from someone like say Phil Thompson's point of view it's kind of true. 

In their eyes he took over a newly promoted team and consolidated their Premier League status.  He led us to 5th place then took us vaguely far in the Europa league.  Then had to battle the constant sales of our star players(Cabaye, Jose(ish), Ba and Carroll). I cant think of anyone else tbh but probably some cunt else I don't remember.  Thats only one player  a season and the cuntdestryoed about the amount which had capability to become star players.  In my eyes under Pardew the sales and Pardew's shitness with other players evened itself out.  If we had someone decent we could replace those players we sell once a year with similar players as we do but he was just too shit to get it out of some of them.

He'll be in bother at palace because I don't think he can motivate a player unless they are pretty much already self-motivated.  It'd been proven - here an arm round Mapou from time to time would have sorted him out instead of bollocking him for not being Ron "Chopper" Harris.

What the f*** is Charnley on about that some candidates 'genuinely can't move now'?

I interpret that as "some of the applicants would require us to pay compensation for". It's a nothing statement. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Just because they've mentioned the word compensation doesn't mean they're intending to pay any...

:thup:

While there's obviously a lot of shit there in that Charnley thing he's at least been pretty clear here:

"First and foremost, they have to be a good coach and with a track record of developing players and giving young players a chance is important.

For me, style of play is important. How they conduct themselves is also important as the head coach will play a key part in how the club is perceived through his conduct on and off the field."

He's basically describing the anti-Pardew there. Actions speak louder than words mind.

Fair points. These guys don't seem to want a football club, at least not one reflecting the pride of the city; It's all fairly sensible stuff if he was addressing an AGM, but as a passionate rally to the supporters it's f***ing woeful.

In my opinion we would have been playing in a blue, white and red strip plastered with Sports Direct logos if Mike Ashley thought he could get away with it. The stadium name change fiasco shows he has no intent on letting the fans hold onto the history. The man has no soul and no empathy for how to care about what the people he's supposed to care about want. It gets clearer with every statement that we're a big TV advertising hoarding that needs its maintenance and it means little else to him

Just another Sports Direct shop floor. The new Pardew is a window dresser charged with making the cheap tat Graham Carr brings in look good enough to turn a Saudi princes head. :aww:

On the managers can't move now comments, it won't be easy as just paying up although we clearly have no plans to do that.

But there will be some options who wouldn't come now even if money was no object, like De Boer for example I can't see him leaving in the middle of the season even if Ajax Ok'ed it.

In theory the options available in the summer will be greater, that's just common sense. But I really doubt that that will actually be the case, he's just saying again what he thinks we would want to hear.

While there's obviously a lot of shit there in that Charnley thing he's at least been pretty clear here:

"First and foremost, they have to be a good coach and with a track record of developing players and giving young players a chance is important.

For me, style of play is important. How they conduct themselves is also important as the head coach will play a key part in how the club is perceived through his conduct on and off the field."

He's basically describing the anti-Pardew there. Actions speak louder than words mind.

And that's why it makes no sense whatsoever that they had such a lob on for Pardew. Walking contradiction.

On the managers can't move now comments, it won't be easy as just paying up although we clearly have no plans to do that.

But there will be some options who wouldn't come now even if money was no object, like De Boer for example I can't see him leaving in the middle of the season even if Ajax Ok'ed it.

In theory the options available in the summer will be greater, that's just common sense. But I really doubt that that will actually be the case, he's just saying again what he thinks we would want to hear.

Would De Boer stay at Ajax if Barcelona came calling? Of course he wouldn't. He will not even be remotely interested in us. I can't wait until the summer where we will court all these top managers, offering them peanuts and a straitjacket manager role at a club deprived of ambition and investment, only to end up with Carver for the remaining duration of his contract.

And that's why it makes no sense whatsoever that they had such a lob on for Pardew. Walking contradiction.

Yeah you're right, if you took out the start of the interview where he's praising AP etc. then the rest of it reads like a criticism of him actually.

Frank is his name but his first name, I was trying to tell you all who it was without telling you. How the f*** anyone didn't come to the conclusion that it's Rijkaard is beyond me.

Should have checked dot in the 'i' of the swimming certificate.

:D  Whoosh to the young kiddos on here - who won't be able to figure out that reference

Would De Boer stay at Ajax if Barcelona came calling? Of course he wouldn't. He will not even be remotely interested in us. I can't wait until the summer where we will court all these top managers, offering them peanuts and a straitjacket manager role at a club deprived of ambition and investment, only to end up with Carver for the remaining duration of his contract.

That's not what I'm saying, just saying some managers wouldn't leave a job middle of the season no matter what and especially for a team on the slide in a new country.

That part of Charnley's bs is true, even if the reasons behind it were not exactly honest.

Just another Sports Direct shop floor. The new Pardew is a window dresser charged with making the cheap tat Graham Carr brings in look good enough to turn a Saudi princes head. :aww:

If only it would attract a new owner like that. It seems like we missed out on that era of Football. Now that FFP has made Football somewhat of a closed shop at the top, nobody can do what Man City and PSG have recently done. That's made buying clubs like ours a suddenly much less attractive prospect.

They're basically looking for someone daft enough to operate within the narrow constraints they'll give them. Style of play, etc is a distant secondary consideration.