Newcastle United vs Southampton - Sat 17th Jan @ 5:30pm (live on Sky)

Dave

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC 3m3 minutes ago

JC: "Gabriel Obertan is about two weeks away from joining in with the team. He's in great condition and has worked really hard." #NUFC

JC: "Mehdi Abeid and Siem de Jong trained for the first time today. Mehdi is further ahead than Siem." #NUFC

JC: "Gabriel Obertan is about two weeks away from joining in with the team. He's in great condition and has worked really hard." #NUFC

JC: "Mehdi Abeid and Siem de Jong trained for the first time today. Mehdi is further ahead than Siem." #NUFC

Obertans in great condition? That's a bit like giving Chris Hoy my 1984 BMX and telling him I've stuck some more air in the tyres.

Guest Roger Kint

So by the sounds of that SdJ is a month plus away from playing

He has been training for 6 weeks or so, just today was first full session with the team. He will be closer than Obertan so maybe the bench for Hull

So by the sounds of that SdJ is a month plus away from playing

He has been training for 6 weeks or so, just today was first full session with the team. He will be closer than Obertan so maybe the bench for Hull

This.

Expect him to be back for February fixtures I reckon.

I really don't think results make that much difference, I don't think they want to appoint Carver. I'd rather win so we don't get relegated if he's given the rest of the season.

I agree.

You'd like to think they've learned from the clubs past mistakes eg Roeder was great when he took over until the end of the season and then an absolute disaster when given the gig full time.

As usual I want us to win but think we may lose by a single goal or draw the game.

Saints record is of being hard to beat on the road, winning 1 nil or drawing or losing 1 nil.