NUFC finances

Paully

Guest Roger Kint

:fwap: Spreadsheet Champions, feels good

We aren't even that. Given our no show in the transfer market, these figures are distinctly average.

£4.7m operating profit is actually shocking given £30m+ increase in turnover.

Don't understand why ashley doesn't take money out for this loan? How is he taking all the money from the club. I thought he was selling the players for his gain? How is he taking the money out the club thorough a loophole?

He doesn't need to withdraw the money for it to be his gain any more than you need to head to an ATM for your money to be yours.

Numbers just don't stack up for me. Something is sandbagging that down.

Also how has his £129m loan stayed static? I assumed something was always going to come out of that since we started making profit.

Guest Roger Kint

Also how has his £129m loan stayed static? I assumed something was always going to come out of that since we started making profit.

They said 9 months ago at the fans forum that he wasnt taking the £19m or whatever out that year. The rest has always been unpaid until he sells

The only possible explanation for me, is that they have paid the cost of this new training ground upfront. Which wouldn't be a surprise given how operate in the transfer market.

But if that's the case, these figures are incredibly misleading.

Guest Roger Kint

The only possible explanation for me, is that they have paid the cost of this new training ground upfront. Which wouldn't be a surprise given how operate in the transfer market.

But if that's the case, these figures are incredibly misleading.

Training ground would be a capital expense and not part of the P&L.

Those numbers suggest that our cost base rose by 30% (£29m) despite no significant additions to the wage bill.

Given all the noise around how 'cost conscious' the club is when it comes to the day-to-day operations we can assume the tea lady hasn't had a big pay rise, that's £550k per week equivalent wage bill increase.

Something is not quite right...

Guest Roger Kint

Those numbers suggest that our cost base rose by 30% (£29m) despite no significant additions to the wage bill.

Given all the noise around how 'cost conscious' the club is when it comes to the day-to-day operations we can assume the tea lady hasn't had a big pay rise, that's £550k per week equivalent wage bill increase.

Something is not quite right...

:thup: Will be buying them from companies house in a few days to see what the hell they have invented mind.

They said 9 months ago at the fans forum that he wasnt taking the £19m or whatever out that year. The rest has always been unpaid until he sells

Ah, ok cheers. :thup:

Seems nuts that isn't at least trying to bring that down each year. Surely it makes selling the club tough if it's got £129m he wants back in full when he leaves? - The only thing helping out with us still being sold with £129m of debt is the fact that TV money keeps going up and up.

Guest Roger Kint

Seems nuts that isn't at least trying to bring that down each year. Surely it makes selling the club tough if it's got £129m he wants back in full when he leaves? - The only thing helping out with us still being sold with £129m of debt is the fact that TV money keeps going up and up.

The £110m from when he bought us excuses his free SD advertising worth millions a year though. No interest in paying it off as it benefits him

Only the full accounts will tell the story, makes sense to supress/manipulate declared profits as much as is creatively possible to defer any tax liability by not using up accumulated losses for as long as possible.

The £110m from when he bought us excuses his free SD advertising worth millions a year though. No interest in paying it off as it benefits him

That's shocking. Surely what the advertising is really worth should be bringing his loan down? - just ripping us off twice!

What a cunt.

:lol:

Guest Roger Kint

That's shocking. Surely what the advertising is really worth should be bringing his loan down? - just ripping us off twice!

What a cunt.

:lol:

To be fair he said 8 years ago he wouldnt be taking the full amount. He could have charged us interest anyway so either way he would be fucking us over

Until someone sees the actual accounts this is just the club's chosen headlines. The costs thing is essential, how have they grown so much?

True, I guess they may have grown "creatively".

Balance sheet will be interesting.