NUFC finances

Paully

To be fair Mojo you seemed to miss TCD's point. You're both saying the same thing.

I think he's doing it on purpose to be cool.

From a NUFC fans perspective - there's nothing wrong with the basics of what we think he's done with the accounts. If he was going to go on a spending spree he would do the same thing.

The negativity for me is that it's an indication he's not wanting to sell. A business posting large profits with little growth screams "come and get me" to investors. Keeping it in the club is an indication he wants his own assets to have loads of cash and increase his wealth.

You do yourself no favours  :lol:

To say there is nothing wrong is a bit of an over-simplification, context is quite important when judging Mike Ashley and NUFC.

:thup:

if anyone is being contrary for the sake of it it's the person wilfully ignoring the fact that he owns one of the biggest clubs in world football and is driving it into the ground while he squirrels away his money and "announces" *mediocre* profits to keep defrauding his customers :lol:

A second negative is that people will assume we have 18m to spend on players. Add in wages over the course of a contract, that's 1 Purple.

But using "Profit" as the figure of which shows how much "cash" we have, is the real mistake in any case.

Do we have the money to not be playing Janmaat at CB? yes? argument over.

Of course. We probably have way more in fact.

To be fair Mojo you seemed to miss TCD's point. You're both saying the same thing.

I think he's doing it on purpose to be cool.

From a NUFC fans perspective - there's nothing wrong with the basics of what we think he's done with the accounts. If he was going to go on a spending spree he would do the same thing.

The negativity for me is that it's an indication he's not wanting to sell. A business posting large profits with little growth screams "come and get me" to investors. Keeping it in the club is an indication he wants his own assets to have loads of cash and increase his wealth.

You do yourself no favours  :lol:

To say there is nothing wrong is a bit of an over-simplification, context is quite important when judging Mike Ashley and NUFC.

Eh? There's nothing negative about creative accounting for us unless people take the 18m for the money we can spend.  the more cash we have in the club is the more cash we can invest.

The big worry is if cost have risen 30% but that looks impossible to me. We rarely give players contract extensions.

I think under Premier League FFP we are only allowed to show an increase in wages of £12m based on the rule of £4m plus increase in commercial income. I'm not sure we are allowed to alter player amortisation so the increase in costs must be coming from elsewhere. Could we have re-evaluated the capital assets downward and taken a one off hit on operating costs? Any similar scams?

I think under Premier League FFP we are only allowed to show an increase in wages of £12m based on the rule of £4m plus increase in commercial income. I'm not sure we are allowed to alter player amortisation so the increase in costs must be coming from elsewhere. Could we have re-evaluated the capital assets downward and taken a one off hit on operating costs? Any similar scams?

Impairments on Bigi, Gouffran, etc and all other ruined players? :lol:

I'm no expert, but something stinks here. We'll have to wait until full details are released and the real accountants among our ranks can go through it with a fine tooth comb. It does seem to be that a lot of cash seems to have disappeared - particularly when he's not paid back any of what the club owes him. He's using that loan to choke the life out of the club - which we knew already. For me, he's not going to sell any time soon. He's here for the duration.

Don't understand why MA doesn't make Sports Direct pay £20m pa for advertising at SJP. On the face of it he owns 53% of SD and 100% of NUFC so would make almost £10m pa on that deal. What does he gain by offering free advertising space?

Don't understand why MA doesn't make Sports Direct pay £20m pa for advertising at SJP. On the face of it he owns 53% of SD and 100% of NUFC so would make almost £10m pa on that deal. What does he gain by offering free advertising space?

It would probably be shot down by the minority shareholders, MA is restricted in what he can do with related party transactions when you are a plc.

The decrease in value of the shares in SD would by far outweigh the positive effects on our accounts. If investors knew he was siphoning off large sums of money to NUFC from SD, SD shares would tank. It's better for him if it's the other way around. A 1% rise in SD shares nets him millions of pounds.

I assume the SD shareholders would start crying that he's using his positions to launder cash from the company which would affect the shareprice. Doing this way helps keep the SD shareprice high, helps keep his position at SD solidified too.  The market is causing our growth, we can be run on autopilot if we stay in the league. SD needs greater investment.

Not familiar with UK standards, but I would be surprised if player's revaluation is above the operating profits line.  That means the additional cost is not due to player's revaluation nor transfer payment.  As someone mentioned, training centre cost should be capital expense and should not affect the operating profit.