NUFC finances

Paully

Guest YonderStar

If this is not proof enough that Ashley is ripping cash out of the club,...still there will be 50,000 sheep turn up for the Tottenham match  :idiot2:

Hardly surprising, there was no way in hell we were going to publish a 50 million profit, as some were suggesting. For tax reasons clearly they were going to get creative to reduce the figure as much as possible.

Problem is the easiest way to reduce the profit figure would be to pay back some of the loan, but the loan is to the owner, I'm no accountant but I would presume if we did this then Ashley's personal tax situation would have been impacted heavily by a extra 50 mill in income or whatever they posted. Obviously he couldn't do that.

The worrying thing is that we seem to be kind of a year behind in terms of spending what we make. This season we have spent more than we've brought in (probably) Debuchy. MYM and Santon out, for what around 17 mill, but we bought Cabaye, De Jong, Perez, Rivierre, Janmatt (feel like I'm missing someone here) for what a combined 32 Mill. So if we only made a profit of 18 mill when we sold a player for 20 mill and spent zilch then we will be back in the red next year and therefore need to sell to just survive. Selling Sissoko and Perez for a combined 15 mill, should help us stay in the black. Hopefully that's all we will lose.

Of course it could all be a load of bollocks !!

Needs some SD Advertising in the background.

Good call

http://i.imgur.com/SqU1Wuq.jpg

:lol:

Needs the other players done too. Replaced with some current incumbents.

Guest YonderStar

If this is not proof enough that Ashley is ripping cash out of the club,...still there will be 50,000 sheep turn up for the Tottenham match  :idiot2:

Is that the bit where they say he hasn't took any money out ?

That's the one, but they will still be there, err "supporting the team not the regime", oh do me a favour, just stay away  :fool:

Good call

The axis of excrement - Williamson, Gouffran and Obertan need to be on there. In fact add Riviere to make the Matrix of shite.

Good call

The axis of excrement - Williamson, Gouffran and Obertan need to be on there. In fact add Riviere to make the Matrix of shite.

Needs Colback imo. I'd have had him holding the sign instead of Colo, figurehead of mediocrity.

I've spent more time than I should have discussing NUFC finances on here over the years - and I expected more profit than that. I know some might be skeptical about whether Ashley has taken cash to reduce the loan and "hidden" it, but please trust me if the audited accounts show his loan as unchanged since last year then he hasn't. Some sharp increase in costs has gone through - what is it? Like others on here I await a look at the published figures..... 

Guest Roger Kint

Southampton have just announced profits of about £33m.

Someone on the radio said that Everton made £28m, not bothered to check but considering they plead poverty every year that says a lot about our books :lol:

It fucking stinks man, you're telling me that having bought nobody and shifted a few off the wage bill we'd have made a loss of 17 million without the new tv deal? 

Bollocks, there's shenanigans afoot.

I've spent more time than I should have discussing NUFC finances on here over the years - and I expected more profit than that. I know some might be skeptical about whether Ashley has taken cash to reduce the loan and "hidden" it, but please trust me if the audited accounts show his loan as unchanged since last year then he hasn't. Some sharp increase in costs has gone through - what is it? Like others on here I await a look at the published figures.....

if the audited accounts show his loan as unchanged since last year then he hasn't.

:spit: I take it you've never used an accountant before then.

if the audited accounts show his loan as unchanged since last year then he hasn't.

I'm sure he is an accountant.

Correct I haven't used an accountant before because I am one. The NUFC accounts,by law, require an independent audit and as such are a far cry from, for example, a trader fiddling a tax return. For a company it is perfectly possible to manipulate profits and losses by subjective use of accounting policies but cash in bank and documented loans are not a moveable feast I'm afraid.

Correct I haven't used an accountant before because I am one. The NUFC accounts,by law, require an independent audit and as such are a far cry from, for example, a trader fiddling a tax return. For a company it is perfectly possible to manipulate profits and losses by subjective use of accounting policies but cash in bank and documented loans are not a moveable feast I'm afraid.

:lol: Every accountant I've came across is dodgy as fuck so I'll take your expert opinion as fact.