NUFC finances

Paully

FWIW Spurs Training Ground cost ~£30m

Can't be that, that would be a capital expense (as was mentioned earlier in thread) and would only hit profit/loss via depreciation over it's lifetime. Just like player amortisation. There's something else.........

Seems nuts that isn't at least trying to bring that down each year. Surely it makes selling the club tough if it's got £129m he wants back in full when he leaves? - The only thing helping out with us still being sold with £129m of debt is the fact that TV money keeps going up and up.

It doesn't make selling the club any harder or easier- this misconception one crops up with every set of results.

Businesses are sold based on Enterprise Value- that is the value of the operations of the business, regardless of capital structure and there are various approaches on how EV is calculated which aren't important here.

Equity value = Enterprise value - net debt

So if the operations of NUFC are worth £200m and it has debt of £129m, then the equity in the business is worth £71m and Ashley would get £200m when he sells.

If the club was only worth £100m then the equity value would be MINUS £29m. Ashley would get £100m for the club.

It's all about the value of the operations- not shareholder loans.

FWIW Spurs Training Ground cost ~£30m

Can't be that, that would be a capital expense (as was mentioned earlier in thread) and would only hit profit/loss via depreciation over it's lifetime. Just like player amortisation. There's something else.........

:thup:

Until someone sees the actual accounts this is just the club's chosen headlines. The costs thing is essential, how have they grown so much?

Security and gold plated bin bags for the Hull SP.com protests.

Weird. Expected a much higher profit.

I'd take a "creatively" low profit, for tax reasons, coupled with £25 Mill cash at bank though (not holding my breath) :)

More likely to be a £25m chairman's salary

I'd take a "creatively" low profit, for tax reasons, coupled with £25 Mill cash at bank though (not holding my breath) :)

Can you fiddle money you've just hoyed into the bank as a cost like?

Depends whose bank.

Aw man, is the working theory they've hidden the money to avoid paying tax on the profit? Absolute dirtgrubs man :lol:

Fairly standard practice for a business with a sole owner. Not "hiding money" but creative accounting. Maximising Profit in accounting terms is only something a business looking to appease Investors looking for dividends does. Ashley isn't looking to sell either.

I've said this before in the thread but "Profit" is merely an opinion and is open to legal manipulation. Giving HMRC Cash however, is a fact and one MASH will be looking to avoid as much as possible.

Aw man, is the working theory they've hidden the money to avoid paying tax on the profit? Absolute dirtgrubs man :lol:

Fairly standard practice for a business with a sole owner. Not "hiding money" but creative accounting. Maximising Profit in accounting terms is only something a business looking to appease Investors looking for dividends does. Ashley isn't looking to sell either.

I've said this before in the thread but "Profit" is merely an opinion and is open to legal manipulation. Giving HMRC Cash however, is a fact and one MASH will be looking to avoid as much as possible.

Again, like a lot of your posts when context-free it makes perfect sense, the context here is that Ashley is pissing all over his customer base in order to make the profit and then hiding it :lol:

Utter cunt of a man.

Oh aye, if you think about it that's basically what amortisation is, it's a book cost but it's not real cash leaving the bank.

Again, like a lot of your posts when context-free it makes perfect sense, the context here is that Ashley is pissing all over his customer base in order to make the profit and then hiding it :lol:

Utter c*** of a man.

He can only "hide it" as you say, within the club, if he takes it out that makes it visible and therefore unhidden.

Utter c*** of a man.

That's not the context at all though. He could have entirely different intentions and do the same thing. All he's doing here is avoiding paying money to HMRC. He could easily use the money to invest in the squad/club instead. But we know that isn't the case.

And we aren't the customer base, the main one anyway. We are more akin to a secondary but vocal client. Sky is the main client.