Crystal Palace 1-1 Newcastle United - 11/02/15 - post match boredom from pg36.

Disco

Utter rubbish in the second half - the side looks unfit to me, fade badly in almost every second half under Carver.

Cisse was absolutely dire but redeemed himself with a well-taken goal after probably our only decent cross of the night from Janmaat. Cisse's lay-offs to colleagues resulted in him giving the ball away several times and as we know, he lacks decent pace.

The club is going nowhere under this regime and belongs in the Championship...we are a disgrace to the PL and to the once proud name of the club. If Carver retains the managerial position - or we get another plonker in summer - we WILL be relegated.

A laughing stock, no more, no less.

The camera cut to Carver when we had a throw in just past the half way line after about 60mins and he was just screaming 'FORWARD' at Haidara. Fucking school boy level stuff. God forbid we try and get the ball into midfield and build an attack.

That was completely awful :lol:

At least we didn't get beat, and did have 30/40 mins of enjoying a lead. Fans were great except for nervous/pissed off towards the end. Williamson was terrible, can barely even kick the ball.

We kept hoofing it up to Perez and losing possession. Countless times as well with just a 5 yard pass we gave it away. I had a few palace mates and they couldn't believe how bad we were.

The subs as well, unbelievable. First of all he left it too long to do something. Palace goal had been coming since the start of the second half.

Cabella off Abeid on - clearly taking out any attacking intent. This probably should have been Cisse IMO, he was dogshit and sissoko could have pushed higher. Or gouffran.

Dummett was Cisse was then equally retarded and negative

Well I managed to pick a duplicate ticket after 4 phone calls to our incompetent box office.

What a f***ing waste of an evening, I'm down on business so at least I've not forked out for travel and hotel.

Would have had a better evening if I'd sacked the match off and gone out for a meal and drinks with colleagues in central London.

Do you work for the European Space Agency?

Well I managed to pick a duplicate ticket after 4 phone calls to our incompetent box office.

What a f***ing waste of an evening, I'm down on business so at least I've not forked out for travel and hotel.

Would have had a better evening if I'd sacked the match off and gone out for a meal and drinks with colleagues in central London.

No.

No.

Are you here for IP Week?

No.

Are you here for IP Week?

What's all these questions?

No. I'm working on Thames Tideway Tunnel.

The subs as well, unbelievable. First of all he left it too long to do something. Palace goal had been coming since the start of the second half.

Cabella off Abeid on - clearly taking out any attacking intent. This probably should have been Cisse IMO, he was dogshit and sissoko could have pushed higher. Or gouffran.

Dummett was Cisse was then equally retarded and negative

You've got them wrong there, Cissé did come off for Abeid :lol:

I thought Cissé had a decent game tbh, isolated as fuck up there but did his best as a target man with all the hoofs we played. Aye, some poor passes, but overall he did well IMO. That goal was hardly a tap in either, he had a lot to do, especially as he would have seen the ball late because of their defender that just misses it.

You've got them wrong there, Cissé did come off for Abeid :lol:

I thought Cissé had a decent game tbh, isolated as fuck up there but did his best as a target man with all the hoofs we played. Aye, some poor passes, but overall he did well IMO. That goal was hardly a tap in either, he had a lot to do, especially as he would have seen the ball late because of their defender that just misses it.

Agree, I would say Cisse was our best player throughout, he gave the ball away a bit but mostly when it comes into him and he's surrounded by defenders.

We were sat on the half way line opposite the dugouts among a load of Palace fans. They didn't stop with the ''super, super Al, Super Alan Pardew'' all game. It was torture.

imagine that being your club

Out lot sang 'Pardew is our King' at one point.

We were sat on the half way line opposite the dugouts among a load of Palace fans. They didn't stop with the ''super, super Al, Super Alan Pardew'' all game. It was torture.

imagine that being your club

Out lot sang 'Pardew is our King' at one point.

To the acid baths.

I very rarely visit opposition forums, but with the Pardew connection I was interested in reading some Palace thoughts on his start there and last nights game. Anyway, I found a discussion on the coin throwing incident:

Score a goal run towards your own fans do not give it large to the home fans or you risk some idiot throwing something at you.

Exactly. It doesn't make it right, but they were being super provocative...

They were celebrating a goal in front of the most feisty part of the home support. If you think that was lost on them, think again.

He deserved it. Don't run over to the home fans and give it out then grass to the ref when someone throws something at you. Need more of that in football, too f***ing fairy these days.

Cisse ran behind the goal right in front of the Palace fans, was joined by half their team and was being very provocative and taunting the fans. Doesn't excuse the coin-throwing but players have to have a bit of sense too when they do stuff like that.

Nasty piece of work that Cisse

Ran straight off the pitch, looked at all the fans in Block E with a snear, then moved over towards Block C. I was totally incensed. Then it got worse cos the other players joined him right in front of the most visibly passionate section of the crowd.

Not surprised some numpty threw a coin but to be clear that was after the provocation not before. I was expecting dozens of empty water bottles or screwed up bits of paper but I guess nobody had them.

Then Cisse clearly ran off to rub it in to Pardew from the half way line, they weren't the biggest fans of one another. So relieved the nasty, professional fouling b*stards didn't win.

To be honest, I'd be more disappointed if no one threw anything at them.

Whilst I think the coin thrower is an idiot and has no place at Selhurst, I think that the Newcastle players KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE DOING by celebrating in front of the home crowd. They'd be fools to think any opposing fans would stand there in silence looking on at them.

Cisse incensed the crowd on purpose and like Adebayor in 2009, Cisse should be charged with improper conduct. He won't be because he didn't run the length of the pitch but his intentions were clear.

Not condoning the fella who threw the coin blah blah... but I'm in total agreement with you, Ollie. More and more opposing team players feel the need to celebrate up in the faces in that Holmesdale corner. Why would you do that, unless you wanted to provoke a reaction? The behaviour of the newcastle players was part of the problem.

In the interest of balance, they were plenty - if not the majority of fans condemning the coin throwing. But I am stunned that a significant segment of them think Cisse simply in celebrating at the end in which he scored, was provocative. The comparison with the Adebayor incident in particular is absurd. Players, almost always celebrate in the corners of grounds. Home or away. I believe this is the same corner whereby the mere sight of Wayne Rooney taking a corner was enough to entice missiles to be thrown last year.