Everton 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 15/03/15 - Post-match reaction from page 20

Greg

It seems almost ridiculous to worry where these 5 points are coming from in our last 9 games to get to 40, but i'm worried!

We might not need any more points at all.

You mock but I'm pinning my hopes on this. Our best chance of stopping up Imo.

I was serious, we might not.

Burnley are the best team in the bottom three and they're on course for 33 points.

Averaged out over the season they might be on course for 33. But teams at this time of year often need and do get on runs of form. If 2 or 3 do that, we might struggle to stay up genuinely. We don't look like we even have a goal in us, let alone a win. I think we stay up but it might only be by a couple of points.

We could fail to get a single point the rest of the season and we'd still stay up. We're clear already.

It seems almost ridiculous to worry where these 5 points are coming from in our last 9 games to get to 40, but i'm worried!

Burnley are the best team in the bottom three and they're on course for 33 points.

Averaged out over the season they might be on course for 33. But teams at this time of year often need and do get on runs of form. If 2 or 3 do that, we might struggle to stay up genuinely. We don't look like we even have a goal in us, let alone a win. I think we stay up but it might only be by a couple of points.

Average over the last five seasons is 36 points to stay up. We're already safe man.

Let's hope 35 is enough this year, it's going to have to be. Apart from QPR and maybe Sunderland, the rest of the teams have more spirit, organisation and bollocks than we do.

Average over the last five seasons is 36 points to stay up. We're already safe man.

Let's hope 35 is enough this year, it's going to have to be. Apart from QPR and maybe Sunderland, the rest of the teams have more spirit, organisation and bollocks than we do.

We'll still get a win from somewhere. That fact is what allows us to stay up despite being so shite.

Have we had many games where we've literally offered no threat whatsoever for the whole all game, this feels like a new low in that respect. We're often dire but we normally manage to luck the odd chance, there was absolutely nothing today.

Have we had many games where we've literally offered no threat whatsoever for the whole all game, this feels like a new low in that respect. We're often dire but we normally manage to luck the odd chance, there was absolutely nothing today.

To the naked eye maybe. Look at the stats and you'll find we managed a respectable 4 attempts at goal today. Got to look at the stats mate.

What a horrendous time to be a supporter of our club

Yup.  Couldn't be arsed to watch, just checked in for the score.  Not even angry with it, just meh, whatever.  Hopefully a new era comes sooner rather than later.