Newcastle United vs Arsenal - 21/03/15 3PM Lick Off.

ben-nufc

Here are some reasons to look forward to this game:

• Arsenal are one of the best teams in the country. A win would be a major scalp.
  • We have only lost three home games all season. A good result here would extend this very decent record
  • This season Arsenal have lost away to Southampton, Stoke and Swansea, suggesting they are beatable
  • Our chances of a good result are boosted by Arsenal's tiring and potentially dispiriting midweek trip to Monaco.
  • Unlike other 'Top 6' sides, Arsenal have not been able to batter us at St James Park in recent years, scoring just 2 goals in their last 3 visits to St James Park. Assuming this trend continues, we should at least be competitive.
  • In football, teams often up their games after a cathartic poor result jolts them into life. Our 3-0 defeat to Everton could do this to us.
  • No one is expecting us to win so the players will be playing without pressure, which could be conducive to a good performance
  • We could see a vintage Moussa Sissoko performance. Arsenal are 'the club of his heart' so he may well up his game.
  • No matter how poor a coach John Carver is, the law of averages suggest we should still get at least one really good result under his tenure. For example, under Joe Kinnear we earned surprise wins over Spurs and Villa. Under Howard Wilkinson, Sunderland beat Liverpool. Under Steve Kean, Blackburn earned a stunning 4-3 win over - you guessed it - Arsenal.

Cheers mate O0

• Arsenal are one of the best teams in the country. A win would be a major scalp.
  • We have only lost three home games all season. A good result here would extend this very decent record
  • This season Arsenal have lost away to Southampton, Stoke and Swansea, suggesting they are beatable
  • Our chances of a good result are boosted by Arsenal's tiring and potentially dispiriting midweek trip to Monaco.
  • Unlike other 'Top 6' sides, Arsenal have not been able to batter us at St James Park in recent years, scoring just 2 goals in their last 3 visits to St James Park. Assuming this trend continues, we should at least be competitive.
  • In football, teams often up their games after a cathartic poor result jolts them into life. Our 3-0 defeat to Everton could do this to us.
  • No one is expecting us to win so the players will be playing without pressure, which could be conducive to a good performance
  • We could see a vintage Moussa Sissoko performance. Arsenal are 'the club of his heart' so he may well up his game.
  • No matter how poor a coach John Carver is, the law of averages suggest we should still get at least one really good result under his tenure. For example, under Joe Kinnear we earned surprise wins over Spurs and Villa. Under Howard Wilkinson, Sunderland beat Liverpool. Under Steve Kean, Blackburn earned a stunning 4-3 win over - you guessed it - Arsenal.

Cheers mate O0

Off the scale optimistic this like. I guess you haven't seen us play recently?

Cheers mate O0

He's a Mackem.

Cheers mate O0

He's a Mackem.

Seems there are a lot of them on here at the moment. Must have WiFi in the job centre these days.

I definitely haven't got the bollocks, but it's tempting. You don't get that kind of return on an ISA, and it's more likely the entire banking system will collapse than we'll get a result against Arsenal.

I'm the same, its printing money but still cant do it  :lol:

It's just the nature of Arsenal as well, they just have this ability to play s*** for no apparent reason. Wish I'd never thought of it now!

Against everyone but us, they always batter us i still wouldn't do it but hey it's about as certain as it's going to get :lol:

It's just the nature of Arsenal as well, they just have this ability to play shit for no apparent reason. Wish I'd never thought of it now!

If you're looking for another reason not to risk it, then it's the type of game Sissoko will be well up for and he could get us a result on his own if he's bang on form.

If you're looking for another reason not to risk it, then it's the type of game Sissoko will be well up for and he could get us a result on his own if he's bang on form.

He hasn't been bang on form for some time now though.

I definitely haven't got the bollocks, but it's tempting. You don't get that kind of return on an ISA, and it's more likely the entire banking system will collapse than we'll get a result against Arsenal.

The only chance in hell we've got of winning this game is if you put 2k on it. You'll be incurring the wrath of the gods and with Carver getting his contract extended to 8 years on the back of such a result it'll be a double whammy.

The only chance in hell we've got of winning this game is if you put 2k on it. You'll be incurring the wrath of the gods and with Carver getting his contract extended to 8 years on the back of such a result it'll be a double whammy.

Best reason to leave it I've heard, thanks.

We barely managed to beat a shit Villa side.  Arsenal are going to take us to pieces :lol:

In fact, with a full squad i'd still think we'd be looking at a thunderbumming never mind with no defenders and licky licky picking the side.

Who's showing this in town? I'm at the match sadly but have a friend coming up to watch it hopefully and meet up afterwards.

Monkey Bar is the best bet. I'm sure Shearers/NINE show every home game as well.

Cheers. Didn't realise the Monkey Bar had the gear.

New manager came in not long before Christmas and brought the dodgy channels back in :thup: