Newcastle United vs Arsenal - 21/03/15 3PM Lick Off.

ben-nufc

I see the quiz experts from BBC's 'Eggheads' have predicted Newcastle 1 Arsenal 0. They may be great at quizzes but their football predictions are highly unlikely. Mark Lawrenson has gone for Newcastle 0 Arsenal 2.

Newcastle v Arsenal

Arsenal were excellent in Monaco on Tuesday night but went out of the Champions League because of what happened in the first leg at the Emirates Stadium.

The Gunners know they should have gone through but I don't think they will feel sorry for themselves.

Arsene Wenger's side are probably thinking they can win the FA Cup and finish third or even second in the league. That's a pretty good season.

Newcastle lost 3-0 at Everton in their last game but their performance was not actually that bad.   :serious:

It will have to be a lot better for them to get anything out of this game, though.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Eggheads' prediction: (Dave) When Arsenal are good they are very good, when they are bad they are horrid. Newcastle have got a youngish team who are all trying to make a mark under John Carver and I think the Gunners will find it difficult there. 1-0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31962007

4-0 Arsenal I reckon

Only reason it won't be more is because they will stop trying after 4 or 5.

Other clubs might - not so sure Arsenal will.

I don't think Arsenal

I'm not too sure, I reckon that 4-4 still hangs around Wenger's neck. If they get into that position again (4 up early on), I think they'll murder us.

All of this chopping and changing of positions to cover CB when we've got Satka. Carver should just play Satka and he can then blame him for the result at full-time. Job done, off the hook with the plebs.

Yeah, it'd be a big tick in one of the boxes on the "Trainee Pardew Wannabe" application form if he plays Satka then hangs him out to dry in the press when we get tonked. Bonus points if he fails to criticise (or even praises) the "senior pros" who play even worse than the young lad on his debut.

I actually would play Satka. Tuck in the fullbacks, play the two most competent CMs in front and hunker down.

And get blasted down the flanks again like the Man City game?