NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

I’m sure I bought the bar code shirt in 1990 for about £20-£25, shirts in the mid 90s around £30-35. Sizes have definitely changed over the years. I tried on my 97/98 shirt that I wore at the 98 Cup Final the other day (L) and it swamped me. In the Castore shirts I’m an XL.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

also back then you could keep a kit for a couple of years. 

Exactly. :lol: Godawful plastic betting logos weren't peeling off within a few washes back then. They were built to last, and still probably cheaper, even factoring-in inflation. Hence my 30 year old shirts being in better nick than Tyneside Life's Castore efforts that he's never had a problem with. 

Probably depends on the commercial deal on who manufactures and sells. Wolves have a deal where they have a  license for the castore logo and brand but they took up all manufacturing and selling in house. I think Cashley farmed the whole thing out. 

The light blue numbers are lovely but I can't get over the fact that training tees are going for as much as I used to baulk at for the main shirt. :lol:

Speaking of the main shirt, last Saturday's order is apparently almost with Evri. Surprised it was that fast tbh.