NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

23 minutes ago, Anderson said:

It’s the possible training gear being rereleased I’m excited for. Finding a decent 90s knock off tops’s no bother, but none of the training gear around. Wonder if it was a coincidence that Fender was cutting about SJP in an immaculate 90s sweatshirt which just so happened to conveniently be numbered 17?

I've got a couple, will post them when I get a chance.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Would obviously be cool to see a good recreation of one of the classics but keen to create new ones too. Assumimg it continues to go to plan, this era deserves to be defined on its own.

But also this 

It would never ever happen (because of money) but considering the cost of a football shirt is getting increasingly ridiculous, I think it could actually turn out to be fairly prudent if they released modern versions (but not too modern) of the grandad collar home shirt strip and then the maroon/blue hooped strip, blue denim strip and a yellow/green strip as a "family" of home/change/third/cup strips but on the proviso they're all collectively retained for two or three seasons. 

If those kits are done right then, as mentioned lots of times, it's pretty much a shit load of guaranteed money for the club and Adidas. If fans know those kits are going to be retained for a good few years and even though they may be inevitably pricey, I genuinely think more people would feel encouraged and confident to buy them knowing they have longevity. A family could buy a home strip one season and a change strip the next and not feel they've missed out or feel they need to be pressured into multiple purchases a season forever. Plus, this approach may mean that certain Chinese based retailers are not as attractive as before because strips with a longer shelf life become relatively more cost effective and every penny going towards the club would help too. 

If they're scared about being strapped for cash then I'm sure they can churn out a load of different training gear a few times a year for the doggers and joggers to bring in some revenue on a more consistent basis. 

Having a more consistent array of change kits would help re-establish a strong sense of identity with regard to colours. I totally understand, but am not thrilled with, the approach to cater for the Saudi market with the green and white kits because they're Saudi colours not Newcastle United colours. I think the long term approach should be for people in Saudi Arabia to love to wear Newcastle United colours (black and white, maroon and blue, etc) rather than a white shirt with a shitty green version of the club crest stuck on. Surely they can just buy a national shirt if that's their colour preference. For a club identity, I feel a consistent Newcastle United colour scheme is as vital as a city centre stadium. They've spent a lot of money on us because of who we are and not because of who they want us to be. 

If MLK can dream then so can I. It's obviously the same. 

Think the rumour at the time was it was Castore who proposed the Saudi kit to Newcastle wasn't it? Probably thought they could appease the owners in a  hope they wouldn't get binned off. 

Adidas as a brand are cashing in on the popularity of a lot of retro gear ATM. We'll definitely get some 90s inspired kits and training wear you'd think. 

Some stripey efforts from Adidas this season below. 

Was particularly curious to see what the blank back situation is these days. Thankfully it's not the standard but there's plenty of it. Really, really, really hope that doesn't happen with us. It's not a proper kit with a black back imo and very cynical in that it's trying to squeeze yet more cash out of fans to fill the ugly void with personalisation. 

spor-yazarlari-besiktas-neftci-baku-maci

Besiktas 

96ac0b3aa87088348ef0500b465bf35e-1691240

Celtic

Shutterstock_14058174j.jpg

Olympiacos

4056212_2-spieltag-der-2-fussball-bundes

Nurnberg

3533352-72014208-2560-1440.jpg

Juventus