NUFC kits & merchandise: 2024/25 home kit on sale

Ryan

Umbro are still knocking out the best kits in terms of style with simplicity.

I, however, yearn for a brand from yesteryear. Give me Uhlsport, give me Valsport, give me Fila, give me Mitre, give me Pony, give me Champion USA, give me Lotto.

Failing that, let’s have one of those Latin American brands. Topper, Penalty, Spieler or Atletica.

Think the sponsor fitting with the shirt design is the key thing. So many clubs have insisted their sponsors go with all-white logos or another colour to fit the design. Know it's a bit tricky with our shirt being striped, but I'd like to see that taken into account. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I love them tbh. :lol: Proper love Spurs' Nasty Boys kit.

Aye, tbf some of the mad 2nd & 3rd kits are canny, it's more their reluctance to produce normal striped home kits. See Inter/Barca/Atleti this season.

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Umbro are still knocking out the best kits in terms of style with simplicity.

I, however, yearn for a brand from yesteryear. Give me Uhlsport, give me Valsport, give me Fila, give me Mitre, give me Pony, give me Champion USA, give me Lotto.

Failing that, let’s have one of those Latin American brands. Topper, Penalty, Spieler or Atletica.

Umbro is second tier Nike these days, my club has been with them since 97, it's been years since we got all 3 kits without one being shit. Also we tend to use the shirts 1,5 seasons at a time, but that is the boards fault I believe. 

Adidas is class, but they do use templates a olt (well, Nike, Umbro and Puma too, so it's not that bad.) Btw your current kits are awesome. 

8 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I like Castore, certainly prefer them to Puma and their minging iron on club crests with huge white outlines.

:icon_scratch:

This is the Castore one (from NUFC Store)...

TM0199B_C_2048x.jpg?v=1625577594

I think these kind of iron on badges are pretty much the standard now, aren't they? Apart from limited edition shirts and such like?

Ehhh I say bring back Asics. Those 1993-1995 shirts were absolute beauties.

I'm not entirely against Castore being given a bit longer but they need to sort themselves out when it comes to not having any long sleeved shirts.

The top answer here has to be Adidas. 

They had the most iconic kits in our recent history and simplicity for the home kit is king. It needs narrow stripes and small details to accent/make it unique. 

From there we've had a fair few nice away kits that you could play about with reinvent. 

13 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Club shop opening in the metro centre again

Love that.

I remember there being 3 in the city centre (including SJP) and the Metrocentre one when I was younger, exactly how it should be.

Been said a million and one times on here but Ashley completely fucked this club over. Absolutely shrunk us. 

I'd bin Castore as soon as possible if I was the club. Not only are they small time but I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow have links to Ashley given they provide the shirts for both Rangers and Newcastle. We should aim to create a similar partnership that Nike and PSG have together. PSG is more of a sub-brand of Nike/Jordan now than simply PSG merchandise and will allow us to maximise revenue from both supporters and non-supporters. Another big thing to consider are distribution networks, I travel a lot and I can't think of the last time I saw a Newcastle shirt overseas. With that in mind I'd go for Adidas or Nike, lesser extent Puma. I know Puma were our recent short makers but I can imagine they thought there was no point in them promoting our stuff overseas as no one would buy it. Castore simply don't have the networks to sell our stuff overseas in sufficient numbers.

Talking about Castore being small time, they remind me of Sandbanks which is owned by Jamie Redknapp. Trying to create a premium brand from nowhere (check out the prices of the jackets). Keep an eye out on Sky Sports as you'll see Neville and a few others wearing the brand. Flintoff has already been accused of promoting the brand on Top Gear.

1 hour ago, macphisto said:

I'd bin Castore as soon as possible if I was the club. Not only are they small time but I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow have links to Ashley given they provide the shirts for both Rangers and Newcastle. We should aim to create a similar partnership that Nike and PSG have together. PSG is more of a sub-brand of Nike/Jordan now than simply PSG merchandise and will allow us to maximise revenue from both supporters and non-supporters. Another big thing to consider are distribution networks, I travel a lot and I can't think of the last time I saw a Newcastle shirt overseas. With that in mind I'd go for Adidas or Nike, lesser extent Puma. I know Puma were our recent short makers but I can imagine they thought there was no point in them promoting our stuff overseas as no one would buy it. Castore simply don't have the networks to sell our stuff overseas in sufficient numbers.

Talking about Castore being small time, they remind me of Sandbanks which is owned by Jamie Redknapp. Trying to create a premium brand from nowhere (check out the prices of the jackets). Keep an eye out on Sky Sports as you'll see Neville and a few others wearing the brand. Flintoff has already been accused of promoting the brand on Top Gear.

Never knew about that Sandbanks stuff. Presumably named after fat 'Arry's house in the most expensive postcode in the UK. 

Agree with the distro of Castore stuff though. They simply don't have the networks to get the gear out there. Nike could have 50,000 shirts on the streets of the MENA area in a week if they wanted to. 

I’ve bought a couple of things from the club shop recently (for the first time in years) and I’m impressed with the quality from Castore. The gear is decent. I get what you’re saying re distribution networks but they’ve grown quite rapidly. They sponsor Cricket South Africa & the West Indies as well as some rugby union sides and McLaren F1. They’re a new brand but certainly not small time. 

Edited by NUFC_Chris