NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

4 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Personally I think the magpie badge is shit. We’re only associated with magpies because they’re black and white like our kit. They’ve got no broader connection with the city. As a one city club I love that our badge is a play on the city’s crest. I don’t mind that being modernised. 

Really think our badge is the best in the league. As far as modernised ones go I think Man City’s is pretty good. Old badge, city connections, modernised and put inside a circle. 

The nickname comes from the kit, but the nickname was around for decades before we even started having a badge on the kit at all.  Completely accept the points you’re making, though. 

1 hour ago, ilikenewcastle said:

I'm probably a bit too superstitious to want a badge with a single magpie on.

In folklore they’re also associated with grabbing and taking silver objects, so I wouldn’t worry about it - those folktales clearly have no truth to them :) 

On 17/03/2023 at 22:11, BrianSwan said:

What do you lot think of your current badge? did you like your previous two more? It seems like a trend for clubs to go for circular badges right now. Would you mind having your old magpie badge?

I think we're lucky that our previous badge fits the criteria for trimming production costs and having that retro feel. When the inevitable happens, I hope they just revert back to it.

On 18/03/2023 at 19:16, HaydnNUFC said:

Love our crest, hope it never changes. Those modern circular ones are mostly shite and soulless. Think our previous circular crests are shite as well.

Yep. The badge/crest needs to reflect the city like the current one.

3 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Yet another release by Castore today

"Available now - and worn by the travelling Magpies themselves, we're happy to introduce our brand new, limited edition, Travel Range."

:facepalm:

Hahaha, absolutely bang average and unbelievably ordinary. What's limited edition about it?

https://shop.nufc.co.uk/collections/limited-edition-travel

TBH… even though they’re total shit I prefer them to something they’ve attempted to design like that dire 130 years top. 

Anyway, we have to get rid of them ASAP. Really annoying not being able to buy any stuff when we’re this good.