NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

2 hours ago, Harry 209 said:

If they re-release the 95-97 shirts it will be interesting to see if they have a more modern, fitted look or if they will be authentically mid-90s enormous. Sleeves that go beyond the elbow, billowing cut and all that.

https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/Football-Shirts-and-Kit/Training/Limited-Collection/Arsenal-93-94-Originals-Shirt/p/MHK5626

If that's anything to go by then they copy it as it was from the time then recommend to go for a different size based on today's trend. 

I hope they're ready for the demand if they do this for us mind and not be stuck with just XS. :lol:

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Castore have just fucked up yet another personalised shirt order for my son. It’s the third one to arrive without the personalisation that I’ve paid for each time. Sooner they fuck off the better- Disgrace of a company. 

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/Football-Shirts-and-Kit/Training/Limited-Collection/Arsenal-93-94-Originals-Shirt/p/MHK5626

If that's anything to go by then they copy it as it was from the time then recommend to go for a different size based on today's trend. 

I hope they're ready for the demand if they do this for us mind and not be stuck with just XS. :lol:

Yeah, if they re-release the classics it will be baggy, I assume - which honestly will look awesome - but most importantly, it will fucking sell like hot cakes. 

Just been going through and looking at a load of our old kits, from the last 30 years or so, and while Adidas's design towards the end dropped off in the last few years, the difference them and then Puma ridiculous, it's just a complete nose dive in terms of design. Catastrophic drop off :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Ar here if they sell the first kits I'm buying them plus back ups like. What a kit. Fuming at myself for being such a short arse when I was 6 that my old one is useless to me now. My dad's got his but his is way to big for me.

Hindsight man, what a thing it is.

So many things I wish I’d double bought or will now do for the future.

Aye thinking about it now, it's funny how sick we were of adidas by the end. Especially their refusal to stripe the back after 05-06 and us getting identikits every year.

That 95-96 year was unreal. Their Liverpool and Rangers stuff was lush as well.

Thankfully they seem to be better now, although Man away is hideous 

Edited by Kid Icarus

4 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Ar here if they sell the first kits I'm buying them plus back ups like. What a kit. Fuming at myself for being such a short arse when I was 6 that my old one is useless to me now. My dad's got his but his is way to big for me.

I feel the same about my Dogtanian & The Muskehounds jarmies 

Regarding the 'cup font' for names and numbers on the shirts - I notice that the club shop no longer displays the sign stating "still awaiting UEFA approval". But they are still printing Premier League names and numbers on shirts with Champions League patches. 

Given the amount of shirts sold over the last couple of months with the CL/PL combination I think it would be unwise for the club to introduce a cup font at this stage, rendering many peoples existing shirt configuration as inaccurate.

Wouldn't be the best look on the pitch if we are the only team not to have a bespoke font for CL games though. Not sure why it's been a problem given it's been four months since we confirmed our place in Europe.

Edited by Harry 209

Have to slightly disagree regarding the last few years of adidas. Yes, the home kits were probably nothing too spectacular but some of the away and European kits are fondly remebered for me. We had a yellow/golden European kit that brings memories of Shearer and Kluivert, an Argentian-style kit, a green/dark green away, there was one grey/silver one we played in the UEFA Cup in Mallorca I think. I even have some of the training gear from the relegation season and Championship season that were decent.

Glancing through this, away kits were ok for adidas in my mind towards the end. Think I actually own and love most of them.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Newcastle_United/Newcastle_United-change-kits.html

Edited by nufcjb

11 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's all about the 95/96 stuff like. Adidas were class at first, but there were only a handful of good kits imo and the last 4 seasons or so were mainly crap.

Yep.  Don't understand the misty-eyed stuff - they were shite for the vast majority of the time.  The away kits were almost all hideous, and some of the home kits weren't far behind.

The money the club gets is the main thing, of course.

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep.  Don't understand the misty-eyed stuff - they were shite for the vast majority of the time.  The away kits were almost all hideous, and some of the home kits weren't far behind.

The money the club gets is the main thing, of course.

The 97/98 away kit (4-1 loss at Sheff Wed) was a Stevie Wonder special.

4 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

The 97/98 away kit (4-1 loss at Sheff Wed) was a Stevie Wonder special.

:) yep, that was the nadir - up there with Coventry's brown away kit for me.  As I was a teenager, I was also stupid enough to buy that monstrosity, despite thinking it was fucking horrible.  That green / orange stripe's stitching was excellent for nipple rash

44 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Have to slightly disagree regarding the last few years of adidas. Yes, the home kits were probably nothing too spectacular but some of the away and European kits are fondly remebered for me. We had a yellow/golden European kit that brings memories of Shearer and Kluivert, an Argentian-style kit, a green/dark green away, there was one grey/silver one we played in the UEFA Cup in Mallorca I think. I even have some of the training gear from the relegation season and Championship season that were decent.

Glancing through this, away kits were ok for adidas in my mind towards the end. Think I actually own and love most of them.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Newcastle_United/Newcastle_United-change-kits.html

Have to agree tbh.... the away and 3rd kits for 06/07 season were a thing  of beauty, loved the 07/08 3rd kit, the white one with the blue stripes... think it was only worn once away to arsenal in the league cup, the 3rd the Year after, the grey/silver one wasn't worn in a competitive match at all [emoji38] but that was class to imo