NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

I like red numbers on a white patch/square if the kit is quite minimalistic, which it what it was at times in 70s/80s. But with other bright colours on the sleeves through noon, the PL logo and a third colour to the strip, the bright colour of red also thrown into the mix can then feel too much imo.

I think if there's no third colour to the kit then fine, otherwise I think black or white numbers are best, which are nostalgia for me tbf. White numbers on stripes would be absolutely readable and fine but if adidas go for the money making scheme of a patch to encourage us to get names and numbers then that's a shame, but not the end of the world if done with a bit of subtly. Personally I'd have no issue if they did the 98' shield every time, think its a good compromise.

I hope the adidas shoulder stripes are white (or black) - the adidas logo and those stripes combined with our black and white stripes are just the perfect combo. If the adidas shoulder stripes are grey it may look ok but it'd be a missed opportunity. Don't mind grey, blue or gold as a third colour for trims etc.

The things that makes that away kit a bit bland is that it is using white instead of off-white/cream, the collar isn't a grandad styled or atleast in white plus there's no 3 stripes going down the sleeves. I can just accept Sela instead of the Brownn Ale, that was never getting replicated but the others were within the power of adidas to provide but they have decided not to.

Edited by nufcjb

See that technology used in the RNIB shirts? 

Need to bung a bit of that in NUFC branded boxer shorts. 

Every time we score you get a vibration in the ball bag. 

I mean it happens anyway but, at my age, it'll help 😉

Edited by Groundhog63

I would love to go back to the 80's club badge, it is so much better than the current one.

I am probably a bit biased as it was on my first shirt as a kid, also bring back the silver away kit!.

41 minutes ago, MagMal said:

I would love to go back to the 80's club badge, it is so much better than the current one.

I am probably a bit biased as it was on my first shirt as a kid, also bring back the silver away kit!.

I love it, think it looks good on that 3rd kit.

17 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I prefer the one before that to be honest. I’m not keen on the 70’s style bubble writing, or with the C being upside down.

Is the C meant to be a reference to the cities bridges or just stylistic?

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

See that technology used in the RNIB shirts? 

Need to bung a bit of that in NUFC branded boxer shorts. 

Every time we score you get a vibration in the ball bag. 

I mean it happens anyway but, at my age, it'll help 😉

This post here Inspector, this is the one.

2 hours ago, healthyaddiction said:

Is the C meant to be a reference to the cities bridges or just stylistic?

Just stylistic, I don't think they ever considered the bridges. 

Not a fan of our 70s or 80s badges. I don't want to change our current one, but if we did I think I'd rather go for something completely different. Not optimistic about the result, mind.

6 minutes ago, TwoForJoy said:

Absolutely hate the NUFC circle badge. It looks like a 5 year old did it on an Etch A Sketch.

hated it in the 80's - though it got drawn on plenty of my school books and bags.

absolutely love it know - especially  as a "fashion brand".

must just be nostalgia in my middle age.

16 hours ago, NE27 said:

Football shirt disgust is an age old tradition, then they're released and they look better than you thought.

Nothing wrong with these supposed shirts, they're all just very meh if true. 

Football tops are for kids anyway. Not sure why grown adults get so worked up about it

Unlike many clubs, our alt badges are few and far between and I think they look pretty cool in the grand scheme. Would love to see the club embrace them and use them on away kits or other merch to get some usage out of them. 

22 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The upside down C irks me far too much for me to ever think of it as good. 

I think its ugliness/crapness makes it. 

Then again I had the silver 80s kit as a kid, so probably a bit biased. 

20 minutes ago, jack j said:

Football tops are for kids anyway. Not sure why grown adults get so worked up about it

Kids and people who play football, I'd assume.

Grown adults whinge about anything, not sure why this would be any different [emoji38]

21 minutes ago, jack j said:

I dont wear them, just enjoy the different designs. 

1 hour ago, ramirez said:

Just noticed this years are heavily discounted without a sponsor. Not sure if these were always available 

Good looking out. Just grabbed one for $37 all-in. Love that there is no sponsor. (Hopefully it actually shows up that way :lol: )

Edited by cubaricho

On 16/04/2024 at 07:11, Stifler said:

I prefer the one before that to be honest. I’m not keen on the 70’s style bubble writing, or with the C being upside down.

I love the badge but the single magpie feels like it might bring us some unwanted sorrow if we went down that route.

9 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

I love the badge but the single magpie feels like it might bring us some unwanted sorrow if we went down that route.

Surely it’s bad look for anyone who comes across us, and not the magpie itself?