NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

The thing about beheadings is, the Saudis need to know when to start and when to stop. 

Nows the time to stop. 

I hope Howe gets asked this Monday and he looks directly into the camera, as it slowly zooms in and he says.   'Please stop, its time to stop........thank you'

Edited by Awaymag

5 minutes ago, LV said:

Thats been their culture for about 1500 years though UB.

Its just not going to change overnight, as abhorrent as it is. As much as we want it to. 

I totally respect that, but if they want to be seen in a different light, they're going to need to do more than hold Prestige sporting events or getting malleable fans to wear Saudi strips.

9 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Ah man, don't fuck with the badge.  It is perfect.  I have so much attachment to it.

I know it could technically be improved, but it is iconic and part of the clubs culture which should be maintained.

I dont care mutch for the badge just a personel choice mind

I loved the away strip in 70s with the magpie and castle keep

2 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

I totally respect that, but if they want to be seen in a different light, they're going to need to do more than hold Prestige sporting events or getting malleable fans to wear Saudi strips.

Agreed.

:thup:

Im not keen the "shirt" i think its  bit too early to pull moves like that and they should have started with a bit of gradual drift towards a colour scheme like that.

The new leaked shirts all seem really bland an uninspiring for a rebirth of a football club.  

10 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

The thing about beheadings is, the Saudis need to know when to start and when to stop. 

Nows the time to stop. 

You could say the same about the states also though. Beheading believe it or not is a more humane method of killing than the gas chamber, electric chair and lethal injection (when they get it wrong). I'm no way saying that the death penalty is the right thing, but don't leave western countries out of it either. France was still using the guillotine into the 70's.

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, Nun tumblers said:

I dont care mutch for the badge just a personel choice mind

I loved the away strip in 70s with the magpie and castle keep

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being ‘a lot’, how much do you hate the mackems?

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

You could say the same about the states also though. Beheading believe it or not is a more humane method of killing than the gas chamber, electric chair and lethal injection (when they get it wrong). I'm no way saying that the death penalty is the right thing, but don't leave western countries out of it either. France was using the guillotine into the 70's.

Absolutely.

The fact that in 2022 the death penalty is still used anywhere is shameful for the whole human race as a whole. 

It’s just clearly wrong. 

35 minutes ago, Si said:

Just missed cuck for the trifecta with snowflakes and fume.

Remember when snowflakes were triggered American teens crying over the misuse of pronouns and not normal working class men who don't really like that their football club's owned by one of the world's most notorious wronguns :lol:

I wonder what happened there 

2 minutes ago, LV said:

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being ‘a lot’, how much do you hate the mackems?

Hate is a strong word

Normally its in the 6/7 range

But on derby day im a 10

Got too admit the idiotic shyte that they post on rtg which is based purely on seething jelously is can push me to 7/8

The media are in a state of denial it seems.  Everyone knows that PIF own NUFC but the media are only happy with that, if NUFC/PIF stays in a well defined box and doesn't rock the boat.

I think the next 3 months, PIF will go large on NUFC.   Sponsorship details will be announced all over the place, new signings.  Events such as boxing lined up at St James, golf tournaments in Newcastle.

PIF I think have watched how the premier league clubs have acted since the takeover and I think they are going to say fuck em.

The next 3 months, the media will wrap itself in knots at the level of conflict that they face.   They will try to protect the top 6 but then know they can't burn bridges as NUFC will soon be a top 6 side.

Going to be glorious to watch, and the new away strip, is the 1st in your face statement.   Plenty more to come IMHO.

Edited by Awaymag

14 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

You could say the same about the states also though. Beheading believe it or not is a more humane method of killing than the gas chamber, electric chair and lethal injection (when they get it wrong). I'm no way saying that the death penalty is the right thing, but don't leave western countries out of it either. France was still using the guillotine into the 70's.

Were we talking earlier about Dostoyevsky’s House of the Dead?

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Honestly, regardless of where this all stands now - club have to come out and address this. 

I disagree, I don't think they do. Whatever they say will only be used against them regardless.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I disagree, I don't think they do. Whatever they say will only be used against them regardless.

but they told us they’d communicate and be open with us. If what they say will be used against them then that’s really part and parcel with public facing football ownership. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

but they told us they’d communicate and be open with us. If what they say will be used against them then that’s really part and parcel with public facing football ownership. 

I don't really understand why it needs an explanation though. It's a third kit in Saudi colours.

They'd no doubt just say it was a commercial decision, which I imagine it was and they'll be greeted with sportswashing claims regardless.

It might not even make it to production the way it is going.

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

talk to me Staveley.....Why white and green....is it to do with PIF and Saudi......please say it isn't.......media and social media are saying nasty things......we wont be everyones 2nd favourite club anymore........please talk to me Staveley!

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't really understand why it needs an explanation though. It's a third kit in Saudi colours.

They'd no doubt just say it was a commercial decision, which I imagine it was and they'll be greeted with sportswashing claims regardless.

It might not even make it to production the way it is going.

Looks like it will make it to production.

Visit Saudi as the sponsor is going to look class on that attempt mind!

I knew this was coming (not exactly this, but the closer and closer ties) and the ensuing moral discussions.

This isn't my line, but it's far more brazen than I had them pegged for.

I just don't think I've read the room here.

Our 80% owners are the investment arm of KSA. We have a away/third kit in their colours, probably to flog shirts over there.

I feel pretty strongly that countries and state actors shouldn't be allowed to own football clubs  it's even worse that KSA have such an appalling human right record, but here we are. The colour of a kit doesn't really change any of that for me, we're constantly reminded who holds the purse strings regardless.

I'm not defending it, I'm just very "meh" about it.

Edited by The Prophet