NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Personally, my overriding feeling about this saga is that it's mainly a really tacky approach, more than anything, and incredibly shit global marketing (which is supposedly the primary strategy for sportswashing).

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

14 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

They’re happy to turn a blind eye to sportswashing when they’re lapping up corporate freebies. To be honest I think all this sports washing talk is laughable.

I honestly think the Saudi’s are trying to introduce sports to their younger demographic and also diversify away from oil.  If they get some good publicity in the process then I’m sure they’ll happy take it, but I think this sports washing narrative is completely over played.

Vision 2030 is trying to promote a softer and more secular image of KSA on the world stage, and like it or not, NUFC are very much part of that process.

It's classic sportswashing.

Just now, UncleBingo said:

Vision 2030 is trying to promote a softer and more secular image of KSA on the world stage, and like it or not, NUFC are very much part of that process.

Why is that a problem? If they’re trying to improve themselves and are using us as a platform to showcase this?

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Why is that a problem? If they’re trying to improve themselves and are using us as a platform to showcase this?

If they wanted to improve themselves, they could stop persecuting/beheading people.

Crazy I know.

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

If they wanted to improve themselves, they could stop persecuting/beheading people.

Crazy I know.

They will get there eventually, like we did a few decades ago…

When we aren’t still to this day killing and persecuting people that is…

21 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

They can crack on with it and hopefully with tourism from the western world, they’ll gradually soften their stance like other gulf states.

Edited by Whitley mag

honestly, couldn't care less. is it even intentional? at worst it's the subtlest of nods to our majority owners, big whoop.

they should pull down Leazes terrace whilst the snowflakes are at maximum fume.

Can someone explain how this 3rd strip will deliver the sportswashing message?

I genuinely think that if people weren’t aware of this media driven furore then 90% would not make the connection. 

4 minutes ago, RS said:

Can someone explain how this 3rd strip will deliver the sportswashing message?

I genuinely think that if people weren’t aware of this media driven furore then 90% would not make the connection. 

It won't.. its just another social media pile on by the same faces.. 99% of the population don't give a shite.

Learning that social media isn't real life helps put it into perspective.

39 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

100% this.

Mad that some people cannot see it.

As someone who recently left the RAF after just over 22 years, I also find it odd how quick people living in this country love to criticise what’s going on in Yemen. Given that we have effectively been lobbing high explosive at Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and Libya uninterrupted for the past 30 years. People who love quoting Amnesty are going to lose their shit, when they get around to reading their assessments of what we and our allies got up to over there.

2 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

As someone who recently left the RAF after just over 22 years, I also find it odd how quick people living in this country love to criticise what’s going on in Yemen. Given that we have effectively been lobbing high explosive at Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and Libya uninterrupted for the past 30 years. People who love quoting Amnesty are going to lose their shit, when they get around to reading their assessments of what we and our allies got up to over there.

Or we're pretty pissed about that too.

2 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Who mentioned Yemen?

34 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

honestly, couldn't care less. is it even intentional? at worst it's the subtlest of nods to our majority owners, big whoop.

they should pull down Leazes terrace whilst the snowflakes are at maximum fume.

Just missed cuck for the trifecta with snowflakes and fume.

It’s the main thing mentioned by the jouro's (sorry actually quoted the wrong post 🤦) alongside Khassoghi, which is why yesterday I mentioned what had happened to a journalist at the hands of our other ally in the region in the last week. The western media depiction of everything that goes on in that part of the world, paints an over simplification of everything. No mention of other major State actors using the Houthi rebels to conduct a proxy war etc etc. I guess I’m saying I find a lot of the West's moralising to be in particularly bad taste given our continued conduct on the International stage.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I liked that post because is it not stating the obvious? In the post itself he didn't state that was a problem.

I support nufc... i like the new away tops and they"ll fly of the shelfs,

I"ll be asking the g/kids which one they want for their birthdays / xmas.

As for rtg hahahaha.....bless,

Over a hundred and odd years they've  averaged a bigger attendance than the toon about 6or7 times...never mind eh

1 hour ago, UncleBingo said:

Crazy I know.

Thats been their culture for about 1500 years though UB.

Its just not going to change overnight, as abhorrent as it is. As much as we want it to. 

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

The thing about beheadings is, the Saudis need to know when to start and when to stop. 

Nows the time to stop. 

:lol:

You’ve found a new niche haven’t you.

You go champ.