Jump to content

NUFC kits & merchandise


Ryan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

They've been at the "sportswashing" a lot longer than people think or care to research

or was it just old fashioned 'sponsorship' then?

1980 Williams car

fw07b2.jpg

 

 

Edited by Wolfcastle

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, macphisto said:

Saudi women's team played their first match this year. Small step but shows how the country is changing. Personally I hope the change in Saudi Arabia happens over a long time, revolutions in that part of the world from Iran to the Arab Spring haven't exactly gone according to plan.

 

 

thats not real.

i'll not believe it until oliver holt or someone elese it the national media reports it.

fakenews.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Holt is obviously an idiot and just sensationalising things for the sake of clicks (aka tabloid journalism in 2022) but there's definitely more than a germ of a point about what certain fans are happy to 'sacrifice' for the sake of (presumably) the idea that we'll be a good team backed by Saudi. To use his example, I did a poll on here a few months back and more than a handful of people said they wouldn't care if the stadium was painted green. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a stupid question but; unless you buy our merch from Sports Direct, there’s absolutely no way Mike Ashley gets anything?

Been put off buying anything for years as I’d hate the thought of Ashley getting my money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Farrington on point tonight regarding that cunt Holt.

 

 

As much as I'm conflicted on the whole Saudi ownership ownership aspect, any cunt who works for the Daily Mail can absolutely fuck off. Their previous includes supporting the black shirts in the UK and the Nazis, and supporting the current right-wing destruction of the UK. Fuck that.

 

 

Edited by UncleBingo

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, maze said:

Probably a stupid question but; unless you buy our merch from Sports Direct, there’s absolutely no way Mike Ashley gets anything?

Been put off buying anything for years as I’d hate the thought of Ashley getting my money. 


Background talk he’s involved in castore which would explain the knock off Fred Perry look.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Holt is obviously an idiot and just sensationalising things for the sake of clicks (aka tabloid journalism in 2022) but there's definitely more than a germ of a point about what certain fans are happy to 'sacrifice' for the sake of (presumably) the idea that we'll be a good team backed by Saudi. To use his example, I did a poll on here a few months back and more than a handful of people said they wouldn't care if the stadium was painted green. 

 

Fans aren't daft, they know that if the Saudis are pumping £billions of cash into a football club they are going to expect some recognition, that's just how it works, whether you are a football club, boxing promoter, or Prime Minister of GB. This is just the world we live in, it's not exclusive to Newcastle, so no point in apologising for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

 

Fans aren't daft, they know that if the Saudis are pumping £billions of cash into a football club they are going to expect some recognition, that's just how it works, whether you are a football club, boxing promoter, or Prime Minister of GB. This is just the world we live in, it's not exclusive to Newcastle, so no point in apologising for it.

They haven’t pumped billions in to date. In fact, if the consensus of the journalists who have an ‘in’ is correct, then the money coming in doesn’t really look too much different to the figures Villa’s owners have pumped in.

 

I wonder how many minds will change if the summer brings in modest recruitment rather than the huge sums spent that many are expecting?

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They haven’t pumped billions in to date. In fact, if the consensus of the journalists who have an ‘in’ is correct, then the money coming in doesn’t really look too much different to the figures Villa’s owners have pumped in.

 

I wonder how many minds will change if the summer brings in modest recruitment rather than the huge sums spent that many are expecting?

 

I said they are in the process of pumping in billions, not that they already have. FFP would stop them from having done it already so this is just nit-picking. Villa's outlay has been impressive FWIW, they are showing surprising ambition.

 

If PIF don't spend then minds will change without a doubt. What we saw in the January window doesn't lead most fans to believe we'll stop spending so I think we'll make our own minds up rather than listen to what 'in' journalists are dutifully spouting, probably to discourage the Newcastle tax being imposed by selling clubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t imagine PIF not spending. Maybe not on transfers this Summer (we will still spend more than we have in any recent Summer) but it’s clear that they’re going to be investing a lot into the infrastructure of the club. The new addition to the board suggests they’re serious too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They haven’t pumped billions in to date. In fact, if the consensus of the journalists who have an ‘in’ is correct, then the money coming in doesn’t really look too much different to the figures Villa’s owners have pumped in.

 

I wonder how many minds will change if the summer brings in modest recruitment rather than the huge sums spent that many are expecting?


What journalists like Edwards [emoji38] 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, et tu brute said:


What journalists like Edwards [emoji38] 

I can’t even read Edwards’s stuff anymore - I think the bloke increasingly looks fragile.  He’s losing it.

 

Caulkin & Hope in particular I was referring to - though I think TRon could be right re the creating of a sort of ‘false narrative’ in terms of how much will be spent 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I can’t even read Edwards’s stuff anymore - I think the bloke increasingly looks fragile.  He’s losing it.

 

Caulkin & Hope in particular I was referring to - though I think TRon could be right re the creating of a sort of ‘false narrative’ in terms of how much will be spent 


Yeah they're not going to widely publish it that's for sure. FFP will hold us back a little the first year or so until they start building up the revenue/commercial deals (and they will). 
 

Edit - I don't take much notice of Caulkkn either now as I think he's lost it big time and his reporting during the takeover was just plain embarrassing at times.

 

 

Edited by et tu brute

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ashley so completely cattle-trucked our commercial revenues that it wouldn’t even need the connections and resources of the PIF to significantly grow that area of income for us - the club has been held back for so long it is ridiculous.  It’s something that pisses me off about the laziness of the press - Ashley’s ‘balancing of the books’, rather than his failure to grow revenues even at the same rate as other PL clubs (including modest ones).  Not helped of course by merchandising sales going straight to SD …

 

edit: agreed on Caulkin, too.  But he does seem to have an ‘in’ with them (or at least Staveley).  The ‘no red flags’ stuff was embarrassing, and a lot of his stuff in the Athletic just reads like fanzine stuff to me

 

 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Link to post
Share on other sites

Where were Delaney and Holt when Ashley took the living piss out of the club, asset stripped us to the bare bones, sold land that destroyed any attempt to expand the ground, and kept us years away from being a properly run club by turning us into a sports direct billboard and cheap operation? Did they care or call that out? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Ashley so completely cattle-trucked our commercial revenues that it wouldn’t even need the connections and resources of the PIF to significantly grow that area of income for us - the club has been held back for so long it is ridiculous.  It’s something that pisses me off about the laziness of the press - Ashley’s ‘balancing of the books’, rather than his failure to grow revenues even at the same rate as other PL clubs (including modest ones).  Not helped of course by merchandising sales going straight to SD …

 

edit: agreed on Caulkin, too.  But he does seem to have an ‘in’ with them (or at least Staveley).  The ‘no red flags’ stuff was embarrassing, and a lot of his stuff in the Athletic just reads like fanzine stuff to me

 

 

 


Yep totally agree
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Where were Delaney and Holt when Ashley took the living piss out of the club, asset stripped us to the bare bones, sold land that destroyed any attempt to expand the ground, and kept us years away from being a properly run club by turning us into a sports direct billboard and cheap operation? Did they care or call that out? 

I have zero respect at this point for Delaney, who is just an absolute embarrassment at this point.  I can understand him not criticising his own employer’s iffiness, but his junket to Qatar for the draw (and mealy-mouthed excuses), his non-questioning of KSA money pouring into his beloved Man Utd previously, and his cowardly attempts to make Howe a spokesman for KSA are all utterly risible, and he’s one of the few people I can think of where that ‘SJW’ shite the right push actually applies.

 

Holt’s just a cunt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Can’t imagine PIF not spending. Maybe not on transfers this Summer (we will still spend more than we have in any recent Summer) but it’s clear that they’re going to be investing a lot into the infrastructure of the club. The new addition to the board suggests they’re serious too. 

 

£25m on Wood ffs. Probably the same amount offered for an unproven Ekiteke in the same transfer window, and yet some people still seem to have doubts. Actually if you look at all our January signings, bar Targett, I doubt we'd have gone for any of them, including Trippier who we consider such a bargain at £15m for a 30 yr old if we had most any other owners in the PL.

 

 

Edited by TRon

Link to post
Share on other sites

National media has never really given us any sympathy or benefit of the doubt. They told us to shut the fuck up when we demanded more from Ashley, they tried to remind us we weren’t worthy of anything nice or any ambition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

National media has never really given us any sympathy or benefit of the doubt. They told us to shut the fuck up when we demanded more from Ashley, they tried to remind us we weren’t worthy of anything nice or any ambition. 

That’ll learn them! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Listened to a podcast last week, it was Edwards on True Faith confirming that it is £80m or so budget before any players are sold and before any other commercial deals etc are agreed. If we sell Lascelles for £10m, Hayden and Gayle for £5m then we are already at £100m. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Rich changed the title to NUFC kits & merchandise
  • Yorkie changed the title to NUFC kits & merchandise - training kit pics on pg 347

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...