NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

11 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They haven’t pumped billions in to date. In fact, if the consensus of the journalists who have an ‘in’ is correct, then the money coming in doesn’t really look too much different to the figures Villa’s owners have pumped in.

I wonder how many minds will change if the summer brings in modest recruitment rather than the huge sums spent that many are expecting?

It's a good question. Many people have said that all they want is a well run club, that competes commercially and is ambitious on the pitch as a result. So presumably lots would be fine with that.

I wouldn't. Ever since it's looked like the self appointed ESL 6 were influencing how the league was run and also attempted to stitch up and destroy the league with their breakaway, I've wanted to smash them to pieces. I'd love it if we kept Man U and their despicable owners out of the champions league money trough, and make life hell for the likes of Spurs and their owners by blowing their transfer business out of the water.

And I really don't think PIF are planning to be in the most high profile league in the world's biggest sport with the intention of purely making up the numbers.

That's the reflected success they'll want those shirts to convey around the world. I think having chosen those colours in the first place is very much a sign of their intentions - they'll not want them to be associated with a losing team.

2 minutes ago, Abacus said:

That's the reflected success they'll want those shirts to convey around the world. I think having chosen those colours in the first place is very much a sign of their intentions - they'll not want them to be associated with a losing team.

And they won’t be!

United :indi:

Original intention was a Vision 2030 sponsor apparently (article from October) https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/10/18/premier-league-clubs-ban-owner-funded-sponsors-scuppering-potential/ 

"Prior to the initial takeover approach collapsing a year ago, discussions had taken place around giving significant prominence to Vision 2030, the Mohammed bin Salman-led plan to diversify Saudi's economy away from oil.

However, the prospect of advertising such an explicit connection to Saudi's controversial leadership had been fading even prior to a Premier League vote on Monday to temporarily ban owner-funded deals.

Now it is two other long-term options - the Saudia airline or potentially a Saudi-based new tour operator - that are being earmarked by insiders as the most likely next shirt and stadium brands."

See if anything on that front comes at the end of the season. Shirt colour, trips to Saudi Arabia, we'll probably buy the country's best talent in the future. All tied to the 80% majority owners that bring the most investment 

What made lots of people think it was the home shirt they were changing? PCP especially's made a big deal about not changing the core things about the club like relocating the stadium/the ground's name

Just now, nbthree3 said:

What made lots of people think it was the home shirt they were changing? PCP especially's made a big deal about not changing the core things about the club like relocating the stadium/the ground's name

I haven’t seen anyone thinking the home shirt was changing? People know the ‘Saudi’ one is the 2nd or 3rd kit. 

1 hour ago, WillingtonMag said:

If its the third kid I have no issues, start fucking with the home kit though and it's protest time.

There’s no way they’ll do this

They’re well aware of what certain things mean to us fans and have already said they won’t be moving from St James Park because it’s so iconic and central to the City. 

1 hour ago, LV said:

There’s no way they’ll do this

They’re well aware of what certain things mean to us fans and have already said they won’t be moving from St James Park because it’s so iconic and central to the City. 

If they ever tried to change the home colour (which they won’t)

I think everyone would boycott the club until it changed back 

No way could we change from

black and white 

Saying that we did used to play in Red / white /Red when we first became Newcastle for two years (1892-1894)

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Newcastle_United/Newcastle_United.htm

2 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

I've seen some under Farage's 'sold your soul' tweet, mainly non-Newcastle fans mind 

I mean, anyone who's responding to his tweet, I would have thought it's pretty clear why they would be agreeing with him.

3 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

F**k me, I thought it the response was pathetic as was, and just instinctively gave people the benefit of the doubt not thinking anybody could be so stupid as to think that.

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 hours ago, Nexumaster said:

When is the new kit unveiled? Desperate to get Bruno G on one and I'm not normally the type to go for that sort of thing, but this is where we are.

Likely at some point in the next few weeks after the final game. Would usually have been unveiled by now, and potentially even worn in the final game, but change in sponsorship likely means they can't unveil till Fun88 are done at the end of the season. 

That away kit is only going to course us a lot of trouble, if true.

Really poor strategy if true. It will hurt the brand NUFC and i think its too much in the face. 

Maybe its only showing whats going on but personally i do not like it at all. 

3 minutes ago, sugoinufc said:

Really poor strategy if true. It will hurt the brand NUFC and i think its too much in the face. 

Contrary to popular belief, it isn’t going to cause us any problems. The people complaining about it will complain regardless due to the ownership. 

Unfortunately, the nature of sportswashing and the constant critique our club will come under will create a siege mentality where a large portion of our fans back the Saudi regime. 

6 minutes ago, sugoinufc said:

will-ferrell-its-provacative.gif

19 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Contrary to popular belief, it isn’t going to cause us any problems. The people complaining about it will complain regardless due to the ownership. 

Unfortunately, the nature of sportswashing and the constant critique our club will come under will create a siege mentality where a large portion of our fans back the Saudi regime. 

Maybe true. Personally i would not like us to play in that kit or any other kit that represents our owners interests more then the clubs history and tradition. 

May that be Sports Direct, a country or a nasty sponsor on the chest...it will probably be a step to distance me from the club the same (but different) way that Mikes regime did.