NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

2 hours ago, Hovagod said:

In this instance, how would they have been damned by not making their third kit Saudi colours?

They clearly want to make inroads in the Saudi market so why shouldn’t they market this kit ? My point is if they hadn’t gone down this route due to worry about backlash, where do they stop pandering to outside influences. If our new tops have visit Saudi Arabia on them they’ll get exactly the same stick from the usual suspects.

They clearly think this is a good marketing move and I support the move entirely.

Edited by Whitley mag

9 hours ago, Astroblack said:

The Saudi Arabia kit didn't even cross my mind until I saw the article on BBC. Think it looks like a nice kit. 

same.... genuinely thought it was based on the 99/00 away  kit, and the blue and Gold away was based on the 98/99 away...

7 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Seen some pictures of the new home kit in the packaging and sponsorless.

Why would they package up for retail without?!

Show iz.

6 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

The quality of the embroidery isnt though, bit comical imo

Only thing I think that lets their crest embroidery down is the NEWCASTLE UNITED within the scroll.

On the retro tops it was a bit of a lottery to get one that followed the curvature correctly [emoji38]

The fact we still have stripes all the way down is a good indication we'll still have red numbers imo. If you're going to have stripes you need a bright colour to offset it and make it readable. Would hate to see us go back to having a square patch on the back to accommodate white numbering, especially when (imo) the red looks great.

40 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Wonder if there's some sort of loophole that can be used when you don't have a sponsor? Total guesswork like

I’m sure you get to write off a certain amount against your losses, same happened to Barcelona when they had unicef on their shirts for free (fair value)

Edited by nufcnick

It's been fairly well discussed and acknowledged that in matters of a religious nature our new owners aren't the most forgiving or flexible bunch.

It's not beyond the bounds of probability that they've pied off Fun88 for the whole sinful gambling malarkey.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

The fact we still have stripes all the way down is a good indication we'll still have red numbers imo. If you're going to have stripes you need a bright colour to offset it and make it readable. Would hate to see us go back to having a square patch on the back to accommodate white numbering, especially when (imo) the red looks great.

Disagree. Red numbers are ugly as. We have had good shirts with white numbers without the patch.