NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

On 14/05/2022 at 08:30, HTT II said:

PIF could have easily bought Man Utd or LFC given their wealth, but Arabic culture would see any success as someone else’s, they want to create their own success and so for NUFC to become the best and most successful team in the world would reflect on them their own greatness as a culture, as people and as a Kingdom. That’s why we should all be excited because I guarantee they will go all out to do just that. If they fail it will be reflected on them as failures. As for the shirt, I’m not bothered. We are not a sports washing excercise either, they can buy 300 million Twitter accounts to do that. This is an investment, a brand, a sporting venture where they want to say to the world when SA invest we become the best. If anything it’s to sport wash their own people…

Your post makes no sense. You've tried to explain how they're not sportswashing by giving almost the literal definition of sportswashing as what you think they're really doing.

20 hours ago, Disco said:

:lol: great to see Tandy getting a mention, many a time spent in there bored as fuck with my Dad.

Fucking hell man I'm still paying off rumbelows  option 3 ..a Grundig tv and a beta max video  from when I was an apprentice at Walker navel yard

46 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Kind of expecting a uturn on the 3rd kit but alao kind of expecting the Saudis will get their way around it and still have something related to them.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Howe is right and it's Castore who've chose those colours themselves. Sell alot more shirts over there and curry favour with the Saudis. 

From a Saudi POV you'd think they'd wait until we're a bit more successful and playing in Europe and have more excuses to wear the shirt and on a bigger stage. 

5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Howe is right and it's Castore who've chose those colours themselves. Sell alot more shirts over there and curry favour with the Saudis. 

From a Saudi POV you'd think they'd wait until we're a bit more successful and playing in Europe and have more excuses to wear the shirt and on a bigger stage. 

Or get folk used to it now, prior to the inevitable playing on the big stage! :coolsmiley:

8 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Is there anything to stop us having a different shirt sponsorship for the home and away shirts? Double the sponsorship 

Plus sleeve, neck, arse etc sponsors…

26 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Plus sleeve, neck, arse etc sponsors…

Global Tyre partners, global ball point pen partners, global crepe pan partners. I don't think there's a limit.

16 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Kind of expecting a uturn on the 3rd kit but alao kind of expecting the Saudis will get their way around it and still have something related to them.

If it is the kit, I don't think there will be a uturn. There has been very little condemnation of the shirt from the supporters (NUFC), with all the vitreol coming from the usual suspects (journalists). The first sign that the ownership is going to change as a direct result of negative publicity, then they're leaving themselves as a target for open season. 

Edited by et tu brute

5 hours ago, et tu brute said:

If it is the kit, I don't think there will be a uturn. There has been very little condemnation of the shirt from the supporters (NUFC), with all the vitreol coming from the usual suspects (journalists). The first sign that the ownership is going to change as a direct result of negative publicity, then there leaving themselves as a target for open season. 

Agree entirely, there shouldn’t be any upturn. The usual suspects in the media will sneer at every decision they make going forward, they’re damned if they do or don’t.

You know rangers orange strip?  Anyone of the moral protestors dug into the religious background of that or is it just an unlucky coincidence from Castore again?

13 minutes ago, RS said:

You know rangers orange strip?  Anyone of the moral protestors dug into the religious background of that or is it just an unlucky coincidence from Castore again?

Seems like Castore are playing a pretty shitty and cynical game here. 

52 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Agree entirely, there shouldn’t be any upturn. The usual suspects in the media will sneer at every decision they make going forward, they’re damned if they do or don’t.

In this instance, how would they have been damned by not making their third kit Saudi colours?