AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa would never have been in the job if AO and SP didn't happen.

1,000,000x this.

Rafa would never have been in the job if AO and SP didn't happen.

1,000,000x this.

Without a doubt, huge credit to this lot for the effort they put in when everyone else either didn't care or had given up.

Know how much I have hated NUFC for past few years but Rafa I think is as big as Bobby or Keegan for excitement.

I might even buy a few child tickets and attend now

Also credit to SackPardew even though they are both related.  I am sure this was the thinking.

Get rid Pardew get class manager in.

Came a bit late but better than never!

If we castrated every single idiotic Newcastle United fan, the streets would be lined with rogue testicles. Just take a breath and be content in your superior intellect, and/or call them a bellend on the Internet.

Know how much I have hated NUFC for past few years but Rafa I think is as big as Bobby or Keegan for excitement.

Also credit to SackPardew even though they are both related.  I am sure this was the thinking.

Fickle.

We'd probably still have Pardew if it wasn't for a night of pissing rain and tears in Stoke.

It was always about getting the right management structure for me as I think owners tend to be cunts by nature. You could force out an owner and get some Chinese buyer wanting to rename the club Newcastle Butterflied Prawns or some shit like that.

That's why SackPardew.com was massive. It sent out a message that we might not be able to attract the right owner, but we could force out an absolute scumbag of a manager whose behaviour at the FA Cup final has finally woken up the rest of the football world as to what a wanker he is.

• 11 months later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Sack Pardew ‏@SackPardew  1 min1 minute ago

One down, one to go. Today we launch our campaign aimed at removing Mike Ashley as owner of #NUFC. #AshleyOut

This literally made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when first launched! They didn't achieve it, but they have played a huge positive part in our club recently.

Sack Pardew ‏@SackPardew  1 min1 minute ago

One down, one to go. Today we launch our campaign aimed at removing Mike Ashley as owner of #NUFC. #AshleyOut

This literally made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when first launched! They didn't achieve it, but they have played a huge positive part in our club recently.

Seems longer ago than a minute somehow :lol:

Maybe all mike needed was a guy like Rafa to make things work. Maybe mike's dream of having fun could still come true.

He had Keegan who could have made it work, then Shearer and now Rafa. Maybe it's not true after all what they say about old dogs? Having said that, let's wait and see how the summer unfolds, but the signs right now indicate Ashley may have finally had an epiphany and decided to entrust a knowledgeable person with affairs of which he hasn't the faintest himself.

Guest chopey

Maybe all mike needed was a guy like Rafa to make things work. Maybe mike's dream of having fun could still come true.

He had Keegan who could have made it work, then Shearer and now Rafa. Maybe it's not true after all what they say about old dogs? Having said that, let's wait and see how the summer unfolds, but the signs right now indicate Ashley may have finally had an epiphany and decided to entrust a knowledgeable person with affairs of which he hasn't the faintest himself.

Imagine having someone like Rafa as the spokesman for your club that you own lock stock and barrel, it must be like having Marilyn Monroe run your bath every night.

As much of a legend Keegan was here having Rafa is a totally different kettle of fish to him or Shearer.

As much of a legend Keegan was here having Rafa is a totally different kettle of fish to him or Shearer.

Not sure if I agree, but that wasn't even my point. I meant all three were massively respected by the fans and as long as he backed them appropriately he would be on to a winner until results turned sour. He did however manage to ruin the first two situations completely on his own accord, offering much more backing and support to such unloved luminaries as Kinnear and Pardew. Luckily he seems to have finally got the message, hopefully.

Keegan was a manager of a different era, had been out of the game 3 years before coming back and doesn't have anywhere near the track record Rafa does.

Rafa is somebody who wants to build and model the entire club, will present a vision for improving infrastructure, the youth set-up, and has as wide a knowledge and connections in European football as any manager. Let's not forget that Keegan binned off the youth team during his time here, he was never one for building other aspects of the club. I think for all his merits as a motivator and in building teams you can't compare him to Benitez. In my opinion Ashley will be far more convinced by Benitez and his model for running the club, and will see him as somebody could be the goose who lays the golden eggs for him. That works in our favour, and will win Rafa more control than Ashley was ever willing to afford to Keegan.

I'm not saying the Keegan fiasco was at all acceptable - this has been done to death on here and we all know the story. Just pointing out how Benitez is IMO far more likely to win over Ashley due to his management style and way of handling things.

Right on Shearer, wrong on Keegan. IMO of course.

I don't think you could trust 2008 Keegan with completely running the club in the way you can Benitez like. As much as I love Keegan there's a lot of romanticism about his 2nd spell here, we ended the season playing some really good stuff but it was no certainty that he would have us at the top again given time.