AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Not really, anyone with an ounce of self respect wouldn't wanna watch and discuss the match.

Saw the match was on tele last night, watched Netflix instead. Woke up and saw us losing without scoring, again. Didn't miss much did I :lol:

Match day socialites man :lol: I haven't decided what I'm doing for the Spurs match but it's absolutely criminal to suggest anyone in attendance doesn't care about the club like.

It's comments that this that make me believe that the protest is doomed to fail. Ya get the sense that a lot of fans would attend even should they arrive home from work to find half the first team squad in bed with their wife, Carver taking a poo in the sink and Ashley putting all their blue ray discs in different boxes.

Match day socialites man :lol: I haven't decided what I'm doing for the Spurs match but it's absolutely criminal to suggest anyone in attendance doesn't care about the club like.

It's comments that this that make me believe that the protest is doomed to fail. Ya get the sense that a lot of fans would attend even should they arrive home from work to find half the first team squad in bed with their wife, Carver taking a poo in the sink and Ashley putting all their blue ray discs in different boxes.

:lol:

:lol:

Aye, I have a bad feeling about the boycott. I think a lot of our support are so stupid that they will will fail to see the damage they're doing by attending.

People have stated it and it wouldn't surprise me if there is a crowd of 45,000ish with only a few thousand having the balls to protect their club.

Imo, anything above 30-35,000 is a failure. It would still be good to see a half empty stadium, but considering the level of decay the club has reached that just isn't good enough. NO ONE should go. There is nothing to support anyway. Revolt, just f***ing revolt. If football is your life, if NUFC is your life you will not have to think twice about it. I just don't know how people can go to a match and not voice discontent when things are this bad....our fanbase depressed me sometimes man.

Guest firetotheworks

FS playing superfan again for literally no reason whatsoever. I was all for being diplomatic prior to the Hull protest, but the people who weren't on board were the ones acting like massive cunts, so fuck it. It'll be the same people that attend on Sunday out of a staggeringly misplaced sense of loyalty to something they ignorantly refuse to see no longer exists and the fact that they're thick, selfish cunts.

Aye, I have a bad feeling about the boycott. I think a lot of our support are so stupid that they will will fail to see the damage they're doing by attending.

People have stated it and it wouldn't surprise me if there is a crowd of 45,000ish with only a few thousand having the balls to protect their club.

Imo, anything above 30-35,000 is a failure. It would still be good to see a half empty stadium, but considering the level of decay the club has reached that just isn't good enough. NO ONE should go. There is nothing to support anyway. Revolt, just f***ing revolt. If football is your life, if NUFC is your life you will not have to think twice about it. I just don't know how people can go to a match and not voice discontent when things are this bad....our fanbase depressed me sometimes man.

Whilst I sympathise with the tone of your post I don't agree with that sentiment at all.

You cant be slagging fellow supporters because their feelings of loyalty differ to yours man.

Some people (Thousands) would feel compelled to attend regardless of What Ashley & co. get up to.

I still think we`ve got some way to fall yet before the vast majority feel militant enough to stay at home.

Guest firetotheworks

Whilst I sympathise with the tone of your post I don't agree with that sentiment at all.

You cant be slagging fellow supporters because their feelings of loyalty differ to yours man.

Some people (Thousands) would feel compelled to attend regardless of What Ashley & co. get up to.

I still think we`ve got some way to fall yet before the vast majority feel militant enough to stay at home.

There are differing opinions and there are wrong opinions. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if you're wrong then you're wrong.

Guest TruToon94

For fucks sake what else is there. The only thing left is relegation.

I don't want to sound too harsh, but there are definitely a number of fans who will attend because the p*** up and the day out means more to them than the club. Honestly think some people don't care what division we're in as long as they can have a laugh.

I've heard this a few times and i don't understand it. Surely stopping in the pop where they cheaper drink and the match on telly will end up being a more enjoyable event whilst also supporting the boycott of the match. I just don't understand those who can't miss one single game to support the fans of the club and gain a little power over Ashley. I won't call those fans but I cant' for the life of me understand them. I'm a season ticket holder, my ticket is paid for but I still feel like I can support the cause and hope that my empty seat along with the rest will be shown as a protest on Sky.

Guest firetotheworks

Never underestimate the stubbornness and spitefulness of people. There's an element of people thinking they're rebelling because they don't want to do what they're told, which is staggeringly ironic considering they do exactly what the club tells them to whilst they shit all over everyone.

My approach to these supporters would be different if they didn't pay for a ticket before sitting there in silence for 90minutes before shrugging their shoulders and going home. If they seeked to protest inside the stadium then hats off, but this blind, apathetic following I can't agree with.

Remember that Sheff Utd game at home when Roeder was in charge? I was only watching that on TV but I remember the atmosphere was so hostile and once Webber scored you could feel the anger and disgust from the crowd. There is not a shred of resemblance of that today.

Being perennially shit & hopeless, whilst being a perfectly good reason to protest, can be part & parcel for supporting a football club.

I agree with the boycott wholeheartedly & have donated to Ashleyout.com as many on here have. I just get a bit wary of folk getting all judgmental because they don't agree about where the line in the sand should be.

My approach to these supporters would be different if they didn't pay for a ticket before sitting there in silence for 90minutes before shrugging their shoulders and going home. If they seeked to protest inside the stadium then hats off, but this blind, apathetic following I can't agree with.

Remember that Sheff Utd game at home when Roeder was in charge? I was only watching that on TV but I remember the atmosphere was so hostile and once Webber scored you could feel the anger and disgust from the crowd. There is not a shred of resemblance of that today.

Yep I'd agree with all of this.

Guest firetotheworks

Being perennially shit & hopeless, whilst being a perfectly good reason to protest, can be part & parcel for supporting a football club.

I agree with the boycott wholeheartedly & have donated to Ashleyout.com as many on here have. I just get a bit wary of folk getting all judgmental because they don't agree about where the line in the sand should be.

I honestly think it's hard not to now. I don't see any good reason for anyone to go. I'm quite happy for it to be pointed out to me and it might be something that I'm just missing, but I don't see it anymore. In the past I could with Pardew because a lot of the excuses were 'Ashley's the problem, not Pardew'...so now that this is against Ashley I'm at a loss to see how there's any excuse for going.

All I can think of is "I don't think we can get rid of Ashley, so I may as well enjoy the match day". That relies on you enjoying the match day,which is surely impossible now. Although I suppose you could replace "enjoy the match day" with "support the XI on the pitch" or something along those lines.

The question of the indignity of continuing to support a club which is taking the piss out of you is the one I find hardest to answer. The Sports Direct, the Wonga, the emails about school disco nights, the club statements, all that.

FWIW I'm not sure we'll ever get enough people behind this to make a difference, but it at least gives you a reason to maintain some connection with the club and something to hope for in the future. Otherwise you may as well walk away completely.