AshleyOut.com

TK-421

I'm not sure I'm 100% in agreement with their statement. I think you have to leave something in there for the remote chance that Ashley actually means what he said on Sunday and we suddenly start acting like a proper football club. It's highly unlikely for sure and they are right to be sceptical but painting yourselves into a corner leaves you little wiggle room should the landscape change.

They've effected change already, proof of this is in Ashley actually coming out and speaking to the media. So the campaign has already been a success, if this leads to a more invested and engaged owner, even if that owner is Ashley then I personally would embrace that. Understand them not wanting to compromise their position though and it's completely their prerogative how they want to run their campaign, but I don't necessarily think I would approach it  in terms of absolutes like that.

Great to see him rattled tbh.

exactly this, he had to come out and do an interview, do he want to, did he fuck he, he had to. The sad thing is its worked people have fallen for his bullshit once again just look at the polls on the chronicle, some gullible ppl follow our team

I think you have to leave something in there for the remote chance that Ashley actually means what he said on Sunday and we suddenly start acting like a proper football club.

:lol: This summer's the real test IMO, or if the deals aren't there then we should see what happens in January.

The ship's sailed man, they're completely correct to slaughter him in the manner they have done.

They're a protest group called Ashley Out, not Please Change The Way You've Run The Club Ashley, We Have Full Faith In Your Intentions For Doing So.

The idea of anybody giving him the "benefit of the doubt" is laughable. What doubt? The bloke has taken the piss out of us for eight years ffs, he gives one interview and people are falling at his feet.

Reminds me of when Graeme Souness did an hour Q&A on BBC Newcastle during the summer after a pathetic season and people (not me, that's for sure) were absolutely swooning over the bloke for weeks and months afterwards, up until they saw his fucking shit team again.

Guest chopey

Pardew did one of those radio Newcastle talks after we finished 5th and ha came across a right smarmy bastard

The idea of anybody giving him the "benefit of the doubt" is laughable. What doubt? The bloke has taken the piss out of us for eight years ffs, he gives one interview and people are falling at his feet.

Reminds me of when Graeme Souness did an hour Q&A on BBC Newcastle during the summer after a pathetic season and people (not me, that's for sure) were absolutely swooning over the bloke for weeks and months afterwards, up until they saw his fucking shit team again.

Exactly.  There is not one iota of doubt.  If you actually listen to the content of the interview there's less doubt than ever.

"My door" followed by "I won't choose the next manager, that's not what I do".  The guy's a manipulative, money-grabbing arsehole and it's never been clearer.

The only thing I heard him say that even tries to suggest any kind of change in attitude is that we'll try to win something (the very idea that that has to be said :lol:), but he never suggested any change in the process. At best that suggests we might employ our same s*** league form in the cup games instead of being extra s*** in them/dropping players. Glory be.

I liked the bit where he said he'd continue to invest in the club despite proudly not investing in the club. Or allowing the club to invest its own money.

Aye that was spot-on.  It was all pure gold.  "Won't leave until we win something".  Unsurprisingly Craig didn't ask re his rationale.  Whole thing was a fucking joke.

I liked the bit where he said he'd continue to invest in the club despite proudly not investing in the club. Or allowing the club to invest its own money.

#wait  #believe #hope #thissummer

The only thing I heard him say that even tries to suggest any kind of change in attitude is that we'll try to win something (the very idea that that has to be said :lol:), but he never suggested any change in the process. At best that suggests we might employ our same s*** league form in the cup games instead of being extra s*** in them/dropping players. Glory be.

It's just his latest soundbite, a la "I take the message and will therefore sell the club", "We can challenge the Manchester Uniteds of this world", "We're undertaking the Aston Villa model", "Hang on, it's now the Arsenal model", "The club needs to wipe its own nose", "I will put no more than 20 million pounds a season in" etc.

Paraphrasing there but he obviously thinks we're thick if the idea is to pop up every now and then with this shite and have any fan with half a brain believe him.

The single biggest thing he could do to provide a bit of hope for the future is to employ a good manager. Problem is, a decent manager wants his own coaching staff. Wants influence on transfers. Wants a decent playing squad. Wants a sensible policy of investment and a solid intention to keep hold of the best players. Wants professional people above him. Wants everyone pulling in the same direction.

So getting that manager requires almost everything about the club as it stands to change. And that's simply not going to happen, hence how we ended up with a cunt like Alan Pardew. Mediocre ability at absolute best, and completely complicit in everything going on above him.

in terms of change the only thing I'm expecting now is for them to talk incessantly about winning cups and aiming for Europe which will be backed up by playing a 'strongest team' and going out of the cups anyways then getting nowhere near Europe because the paper-thin squad falls apart in January

can't wait

The single biggest thing he could do to provide a bit of hope for the future is to employ a good manager. Problem is, a decent manager wants his own coaching staff. Wants influence on transfers. Wants a decent playing squad. Wants a sensible policy of investment and a solid intention to keep hold of the best players. Wants professional people above him. Wants everyone pulling in the same direction.

So getting that manager requires almost everything about the club as it stands to change. And that's simply not going to happen, hence how we ended up with a cunt like Alan Pardew. Mediocre ability at absolute best, and completely complicit in everything going on above him.

And then give Charnley the job of picking that manager :facepalm:

Im not sure how even the likes of Cronky are meant to be impressed by this "new plan" the club are meant to have.

In even the best case scenario, say they invest and get a decent manager and coaching team in, they are saying as soon as they win a cup or finish top 4 they will sell to the first money grabbing consortium that comes along and scrap all the theoretical good work that has been done.

If he wanted any support surely he needed to promise the investment etc and then say he will only sell if he hasn't won something in the next 2-3 years.