Your first game

La Parka

The first and only game I have attended was against the Mackems at St James' in 2005. We won 3-2 after Emre smashed a free kick in off the post. Also Shola scored twice. It was awesome! :D

2001, Barnsley away in the Worthington Cup when I was 7. Bellamy scored with 10 minutes left. First home game was the 3rd of March 2004 against Valarenga, was in the Gallowgate and just remember being completely overawed by the whole occasion. A night game at a wonga-less SJP really was a sight to behold when we were a club competing for things.

Guest Open_C

I was a late starter; Newcastle 2 - 0 Sunderland, 2002.  Bellamy scored inside about two minutes.  Was a pretty awful game but.. well, the 2002 team were worth watching :)

Guest Roger Kint

For some reason i always think it was Watford but after checking it was Forest in the FA Cup in 85, remember us conceding 3 goals and were awful. As a 7 year old it wasnt a great start :lol:

Took a few years to actually see the first decent game as am pretty sure i saw about 10 defeats in a row. First proper memory of a games was Kenny Whartons testimonial when i was about 10

Guest chicken little

new years day 1991, drew one all after mark stimson scored an of with the last touch of the game.

should have had the sense to fuck it off there and then.

2001, Barnsley away in the Worthington Cup when I was 7. Bellamy scored with 10 minutes left. First home game was the 3rd of March 2004 against Valarenga, was in the Gallowgate and just remember being completely overawed by the whole occasion. A night game at a wonga-less SJP really was a sight to behold when we were a club competing for things.

Valerenga was my second ever game. A Shearer fk. :smitten:

Barnsley at home in 1997 (I think). Jan Inge Fjortoft scored for them sliding in at the back post and hit his bollocks off the post, resulting in a stretcher and the end of his afternoon. We ended up winning 2-1 with goals from Shearer and Andreas Andersson. That's what I seem to remember anyway, could be some minor details incorrect.

Losing 2-0 away to Luton in an FA Cup 4th Round Replay in 1994 (when I was 8). An 18-year old John Hartson scored for Luton, I remember Mike Hooper was in goal for us and the best moment has to go to Barry Venison for clearing the ball off the line with an overhead kick. No idea why we even went, we lived miles away from Luton at the time.

Blackburn 1 - 2 Chelsea at Ewood park back in the late 90s.  Bit random, it was organised by the youth team I was in at the time.

Won both the correct score and minute of first goal competitions, to the annoyance of everyone else in the party :lol:  then managed to grab Zola's autograph as Chelsea boarded their bus back to London.  Can't remember a second of the actual game.

Home to Charlton Athletic, 4th of May 1987 in Division One.  We lost 3-0.  I spent most of the game reading a Transformers comic and asked if we were going home at half time.  My dad kept the programme and gave me it when I was over for Christmas.  There's a little form in the back you can tick home games on and ask to be sent a copy on VHS or Betamax, - apart from West Ham, because that was on TV.  Notable names on the teamsheet that day include Gazza, Roeder and Wharton.

My football memory is appalling, I don't retain individual scorelines or incidents at all except if it's something absolutely epic. Think I must have mental problems.

Same, I can only ever remember a handful of games from each season at the most and only if something memorable has happened. I look at people like they're Rain Man when they can remember scores from years ago with little effort.