Your first game

La Parka

Hello all!

Another retrospective post but it's no wonder with the dross we endure at the minute. What was your first game?

Mine was the game vs Fulham on 16th May 2009. We were falling deeper into relegation trouble but I still had hope we could do something.

I remember the team bus coming in, with Michael Owen coming separate from the rest of them. That passed me off and supported all the shit he got on here for being a coward.

Anyhow my mind was well and truly blown upon taking my seat. I was sat in the middle to the right of the away fans. Most people around me weren't local like me so I didn't feel like as alien haha. 

Sadly the game was a stinking turd.  Martins hit the post but the first half was dire. Kamara scored near half time and the atmosphere died on its arse.

I did get to see Habib Beye at least but it was absolutely soul destroying knowing we were pretty much down.

What was yours?

Mine was a 4-0 home win over Shrewsbury in 82 or 83. Keegan scored one, that's about all I can remember. Stood in the paddocks for some reason instead of the gallowgate, I think my dad thought I was too young for in there.

must been 83- nearly sure we lost to shrewsbury 0-1 at home 82/83.

had a season ticket in the paddocks that season £20.

0-0 vs Blackburn in the FA Cup in 1999

Took me 5 games until I eventually saw Newcastle score, when I was spoilt with a 3-2 win over Derby and seeing Daniel Cordone and his lush hair/earrings scoring in that game

My old man tells me it was a pre season friendly vs benfica inc Eusabio- 1971.

Im not sure hes right cos i think my first time at sjp was the opening of the east tand and cant remember the opposition. :undecided:

Mine was a 4-0 home win over Shrewsbury in 82 or 83. Keegan scored one, that's about all I can remember. Stood in the paddocks for some reason instead of the gallowgate, I think my dad thought I was too young for in there.

The 0-1 to Shrewsbury was my first ever game in the family enclosure. Been downhill ever since.

Juve friendly, Hamman scored a belter. I think my first proper match was Arsenal, last game of the season in 2000. Only remember it because I've still got the program with Bobby on it somewhere, apparently we won 4-2, news to me. :lol:

The 0-1 to Shrewsbury was my first ever game in the family enclosure. Been downhill ever since.

:thup:

think i got that the wrong way round tbh, the 0-1 was more likely 83/84- as i remember now going to shrewsbury away the same season, 2-2 maybe. on the way to promotion.

Juve friendly, Hamman scored a belter. I think my first proper match was Arsenal, last game of the season in 2000. Only remember it because I've still got the program with Bobby on it somewhere, apparently we won 4-2, news to me. :lol:

We did, if I remember rightly Alex Manninger was in goal for them and played awful. Only memory I have of that match if true.

That was my first ever time at SJP.

My Dad reckons I went to game vs Oxford in 85/86 but the first one I can really remember is Crystal Palace (H) in Jan 88. We won 1-0 with Gazza scoring an absolute screamer that stuck in the stanchion.

Guest palnese

2-2 at home to Leeds back in 99/00. I'll never forget the roar from the Gallowgate when Shearer made it 2-2.

It was Stoke away in 1971 or 1972.  I think we lost 2-0 - pretty sure Jimmy Greenhoff scored and for some reason I think it was a header but maybe I imagined that.  The main thing I remember is that my Dad bought seats for us (including my younger brother) in the main stand rather than letting us stand and then complaining to Mam afterwards how expensive it was.  Goodness knows what he would say about today's prices.

I was forced to go to my first game, and I fell asleep. Think it was a cup defeat by Sheffield Wednesday.

I do remember my second game though. Night game, coming up the steps onto the concourse, never seen anything as amazing in my life. Doubt I'll ever forget it, thought the stadium was incredible and the atmosphere was mind blowing. I actually can't even remember who it was against, but that's when I fell in love with football.

Can't remember any Wonga or Sports Direct signs either.

I was forced to go to my first game, and I fell asleep. Think it was a cup defeat by Sheffield Wednesday.

I do remember my second game though. Night game, coming up the steps onto the concourse, never seen anything as amazing in my life. Doubt I'll ever forget it, thought the stadium was incredible and the atmosphere was mind blowing. I actually can't even remember who it was against, but that's when I fell in love with football.

nothing like a night game at sjp- when the club had some ambition.

It's something special walking inside the stadium those first few times, great memories.