Pre season 15/16

bowlingcrofty

When asked if his side will be ready, following the shock 2-1 loss to League Two York City, McClaren said: “It’s difficult to say because it’s been a short pre-season.

“There have been 11 days in the States and a lot of travelling.

“We are still trying to catch our legs and get the jet-lag out of us.

“We are more or less there.

“Saturday is an important game.

“Every team is the same, they are wondering: ‘Are we ready?’

“I am looking at performances not results and we have had minutes on the pitch.

“Maybe not enough work, we seem to have lost a week.

“But I am pleased with the work outs with Sheff United and York then Gladback on Saturday, which will be even harder.”

Is Gladbach any good ? Wouldn't be surprised if a decent Bundesliga side put four or five past us to finish off as shambolic a pre season as you'll ever see.

They already compete in the top 6 every year. And they have signed Thorgan Hazard and Josip Drmic permanently. They will run rings around this team.

Didn't he fly to watch Beckham play in a shitty game in America, when he England manager? Sure he got some stick for that.

He did fly out to see Beckham, I can't remember his getting stick for it but he picked Beckham for England while he was playing on the West Coast.  :lol:

He really hates the trip to USA. No chance of us going over there next summer.

I don't think going to the USA is the problem, it's more the schedule when over there.

Didn't he fly to watch Beckham play in a shitty game in America, when he England manager? Sure he got some stick for that.

He did fly out to see Beckham, I can't remember his getting stick for it but he picked Beckham for England while he was playing on the West Coast.  :lol:

Beckham was well sexy though.

He really hates the trip to USA. No chance of us going over there next summer.

I don't think going to the USA is the problem, it's more the schedule when over there.

:thup:

With proper planning both of our US trips could've worked wonders.

Unless you are invited to play in a decent tournament in the US or Asia, with decent opposition (and commercial gain), there is no point in going IMO.  Especially when you are playing second rate teams that offer very little in similarities to the UK or Premiership football.

Any income we derived from the trip, will surely have been minimal and compared to the lack of benefits for the players, really not worth it. I would rather see us travel around Europe playing top 6 sides, with a training base in Spain or Portugal.

At the end of the day the plans would have been well cemented before SM took over so little he could have done about it.  That said, by the time next week comes around we will have had plenty of time to recover so it should not be mentioned again... (but probably will).