Newcastle United 1 - 1 West Brom - 09/05/15 - Post-match reaction from page 28

Dave

Ryan Taylor is awful. Dummett always seems to play better at centre-half. Was the least angry I've been with us in months. We're still crap though. At least Burnley did us a massive favour.

No idea why Raylor plays at all when Abeid is available.

Ryan Taylor is awful. Dummett always seems to play better at centre-half. Was the least angry I've been with us in months. We're still crap though. At least Burnley did us a massive favour.

he clearly rates Taylor more than abeid. that's it.

Just leave it man. It's been done to death.

Randomly thought Anita was real good at RB

He was. The defence was actually better than it usually is with our first choice picks.

I don't know whether it's coincidence but our ball retention always appears to be far better with him in the side.

Fair play to Pulis on sticking to wanting a point despite all 3 being easily attainable all game and his team being safe. Pure dedication to the cause.

Tbf, I haven't paid much attention to player selection debates as of late, not that its a debate at all.

Guest Gino14

West Brom came for the draw that would almost certainly make them mathematically safe unless every relegation team won.  So they really did help us a lot, even if they did almost win the game by default based on our awful defensive slip ups.

I do think our chance of beating QPR has trebled with that draw.  Just the confidence of having that defeats run off the players back and an improvement in the mood around the dressing room will help.  The mood in the local press and everything will be totally different.  We're still awful, but Burnley did us a massive favour today and despite falling down the league, we're probably better off now than before the day started.

Tbf, I haven't paid much attention to player selection debates as of late, not that its a debate at all.

I mean it's fucking obvious to anyone other than the ape in the dugout.

Krul played well.

Colo played well and wasn't nervous due to "hot potato" Mike missing from the back.

Cap doffed to dummet, impressive comeback.

Anita and Jonas played well tbh.

Raylor and Colback were what they are: mediocre

Sissoko put in a half decent shift but still not near best

Cabella was decent

Riviere is a waste of time

Perez tried too hard and lost the ball trying to take on that extra player too many times. still love him tho'

He was. The defence was actually better than it usually is with our first choice picks.

I don't know whether it's coincidence but our ball retention always appears to be far better with him in the side.

Defence was better because Williamson ain't there.

Defence was better because Williamson ain't there.

Hopefully that sending off was his last ever action in our shirt. Probably his most important contribution.

Janmaat Dummett Coloccini Jonas till the end of the season imo. Got a feeling Carver will throw Willy in last game tho the clueless twerp

:thup:

Williamson Alnwick and haidara were sitting behind me durin the match. Someone stood up to willo and had a go at him at one point. Only haidara celebrated when we scored. None of the others have a fuck at all- especially Alnwick

Carver will be delighted with that, the tit. Classic Pards move of keeping about 6 players back to their one when we attack. We give our attackers hardly any room to manoeuvre, Central midfielders stood together about 50 yards away from the action.

Janmaat Dummett Coloccini Jonas till the end of the season imo. Got a feeling Carver will throw Willy in last game tho the clueless twerp

Of course he will. Dummett to LB.

Williamson Alnwick and haidara were sitting behind me durin the match. Someone stood up to willo and had a go at him at one point. Only haidara celebrated when we scored. None of the others have a f*** at all- especially Alnwick

Says it all.

Guest ElCid

Krul played well.

Colo played well and wasn't nervous due to "hot potato" Mike missing from the back.

Cap doffed to dummet, impressive comeback.

Anita and Jonas played well tbh.

Raylor and Colback were what they are: mediocre

Sissoko put in a half decent shift but still not near best

Cabella was decent

Riviere is a waste of time

Perez tried too hard and lost the ball trying to take on that extra player too many times. still love him tho'

Poor performance against a very average team clearly on their holidays (yet still had the better opportunities). What the ginger mackem t*** and Taylor offer to that team apart from giving free kicks away, hopeless free kicks and corners and passing the ball sideways or backwards I don't know. I thought in the main our defense was poor, as when West Brom could be bothered to actually want to attack they looked like scoring every single time. Up front Riviere is just total and absolute dross (even though some on here try and bull him up) - more than 6 million spent on a forward with a proven third rate strike recrd - bewildering. Hull might save them this year but the entire top level at the club should be immediately given their P45s - not happen but it certainly should.