FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

Since Russia is barely Europe IMO (and it's a country I don't fancy going to), it'll be at least 24 years until a WC is hosted in Europe, and if it goes to Uruguay/Argentina in 2030, it'll be 28 years. I turned 18 during the Germany World Cup, but obviously didn't have a chance of going, the next chance I'll likely have without it costing a fortune will be when I'm 46 :lol:

You can get to most major US cities from Stockholm with Norwegian for less than £400 round trip.

It doesn’t matter where it is, prices will go up. I think the airlines will throw up the transatlantic fares to about £1k for the month of the World Cup.

If England were hosting it then a train ticket from Newcastle to London would probably cost £300-£400.

No matter how I look at it, a WC in three massive countries at once sounds woeful. Just really uninspiring.

Come to think of it, the idea of Canada alone hosting a World Cup actually sounds kind of better :lol: If were going to have three countries jointly hosting the WC, something like Sweden/Denmark/Norway would make more sense or a West African WC of some type.

No matter how I look at it, a WC in three massive countries at once sounds woeful. Just really uninspiring.

Come to think of it, the idea of Canada alone hosting a World Cup actually sounds kind of better :lol: If were going to have three countries jointly hosting the WC, something like Sweden/Denmark/Norway would make more sense or a West African WC of some type.

They don’t have the stadiums needed to do it. They probably only have 2-3 stadiums big enough. Even BMO field which is one of the main soccer stadiums holds only about 30k and will need a temporary extension for this World Cup.

Some of the teams who will be playing in the CPL (Canadian Premier League) when it launches next year will be playing in 5k-7k pop up stadiums.

Perhaps said already. But this decision really does highlight even more, if that was possible, the ridiculousness of Qatar hosting the World Cup on its own.

I can't wait to see how that bullshit is going to work, I just can't imagine European leagues stopping for 2 months in the middle of the season.

Hope China gets the next asian one.  The infrastructure is already in place and they'd have no problem building whatever else is needed.  Would be an awesome WC.

2030 will be in Europe for sure, FIFA won't go 12 years without it returning. Really it should be England or Britain, if not I don't see anyone else who is due, except maybe Spain but Spain had it 20 years more recently than the home of football of course. 2034 may be a good call for China but Morocco or another African nation maybe in the mix too.

Hope China gets the next asian one.  The infrastructure is already in place and they'd have no problem building whatever else is needed.  Would be an awesome WC.

2030 will be in Europe for sure, FIFA won't go 12 years without it returning. Really it should be England or Britain, if not I don't see anyone else who is due, except maybe Spain but Spain had it 20 years more recently than the home of football of course. 2034 may be a good call for China but Morocco or another African nation maybe in the mix too.

2030 is pretty likely to be Argentina/Uruguay so long as they can prove they have the capability. 100 years centenary with the final back in Montevideo.

2030 is pretty likely to be Argentina/Uruguay so long as they can prove they have the capability. 100 years centenary with the final back in Montevideo.

OK that's settled then..... really it's going back to the Americas 4 years after it left. Were's your source in FIFA for this ?

They absolutely don’t, for FIFA needless needs anyway, and given the clip of the Argie economy they aren’t likely to any time soon.

Approximately 1 all seater stadium that is falling too bits

Stadiums almost exclusively in 4 cities (Montevideo, BA, Córdoba & Rosario)

All intercity transport being buses

Nee 5* hotels

Be absolutely class.

OK that's settled then..... really it's going back to the Americas 4 years after it left. Were's your source in FIFA for this ?

Literally two separate continents and associations . BA is a 9hr flight from Miami. Same as London. 

They absolutely don’t, for FIFA needless needs anyway, and given the clip of the Argie economy they aren’t likely to any time soon.

Nee 5* hotels

Be absolutely class.

Exactly, more and more importance is being place on having the infrastructure to support the biggest supporting event in the world,  the guy is just guessing, like I am. The World Cup has never gone 12 years without coming back to Europe, in fact this last time is the only time it hasn't been back after 1 away. The reason for this is simple, marketing. Europe is still the place the game's wealth derives from they know that. I will be shocked if it's not Europe.

Nee 5* hotels

Be absolutely class.

Literally two separate continents and associations . BA is a 9hr flight from Miami. Same as London. 

I know I live on one of them dude, it's still the same "neck of the woods" though despite that. There is zero history in it staying over here, and I highly doubt it would because of an anniversary.

Guest neesy111

Disagreed with both the VAR penalty reviews so far :lol:

Disagreed with Australia v France one, but Peru was a clear penalty imo.

This.

Argentina penalty wasn't a pen but open to debate, looked blatant on first viewing.

But the 2nd pen claim was absolutely stone wall penalty.

Disagreed with both the VAR penalty reviews so far :lol:

Disagreed with Australia v France one, but Peru was a clear penalty imo.

He was already slipping before any contact and the contact enough wasn’t enough to foul a player already with no balance. Soon as he felt it he just lifted his leg up as going down.