FIFA World Cup

Noodles

Ye kna how the last World Cup was class? Cannit risk it happening again.

Totally agree with this, at last the likes of Antarctica, the Moon and Halleys comet can put their teams in.

I back more teams but not groups of three.

Just so Norway can have a chance...

Europe would get very few extra spots, so not at all. People are just afraid of change. At some point people probably protested the increase to 32 teams, but now that is "the perfect amount"? How do we knownthis until we've tried more?

32 works well because it's a logical way to dispose of teams where half go out each round. If you're going to expand it I'd genuinely prefer it to go to 64 and add in an extra knock out round.

32 works well because it's a logical way to dispose of teams where half go out each round. If you're going to expand it I'd genuinely prefer it to go to 64 and add in an extra knock out round.

:thup:

Would prefer this as well.

The main problem is that groups of 3 are minging, especially when you have to go all the way to Group P. Then there's the problem that even fewer countries will be able to host such a large tournament, leading to lots of duel or even three-way hosts. And 48 is just a wrong number, multiples of 16 32 are perfect.

But money.

The main problem is that groups of 3 are minging, especially when you have to go all the way to Group P. Then there's the problem that even fewer countries will be able to host such a large tournament, leading to lots of duel or even three-way hosts. And 48 is just a wrong number, multiples of 16 are perfect.

But money.

But 48 is a multiple of 16, man.

The main problem is that groups of 3 are minging, especially when you have to go all the way to Group P. Then there's the problem that even fewer countries will be able to host such a large tournament, leading to lots of duel or even three-way hosts. And 48 is just a wrong number, multiples of 16 are perfect.

But money.

I meant 32 :lol: Would you believe 'whoosh'? :lol:

But money.

I meant 32 :lol: You believe me, right? :lol:

With those eyes? Who wouldn't, you loon? :lol:

Will there even be a point in the qualifying stages?

Let's just make it open invitation and be done with it

Be fun to have a big fuck off tournament, bracket-style. Germany v. Bahamas in the first round, Ireland getting knocked out by some other random bullshit team. It'd be great.

Will there even be a point in the qualifying stages?

Let's just make it open invitation and be done with it

Be fun to have a big fuck off tournament, bracket-style. Germany v. Bahamas in the first round, Ireland getting knocked out by some other random bullshit team. It'd be great.

We're class now mate, keep up

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38368144

So our home nations have been fined for wear poppy arm bands around armistice day.

In the article Fifa disciplinary committee chairman Claudio Sulser said ""The display, among others, of any political or religious symbol is strictly prohibited,"

But it could be argued that the poppy is neither political nor religious in this context. but a mark of respect for fallen countrymen much in the same way that when a footballer or other prominent figure passes they were a black arm band.

Absolute dicks

For what it's worth England got the highest fine for wearing poppies on an armband, Wales and Northern Ireland who also had fans hold up paper which showed a poppy got lesser fines, and Republic of Ireland got the lowest fine for displaying the date of the Easter uprising.

i just think the fa were never gonna win this one. they had made their point, the poppies should have been removed and the tens of thousands of pounds in fines could have gone to veterans' charities instead.