Charlie Austin

HawK

Can't be true man. He's apparently frustrated by QPR for pricing him out of a move.

He wouldn't then price himself out of a move. We simply wouldn't be interested if those were his demands. He'd be getting twice Mitrovic's wage.

Can't be true man. He's apparently frustrated by QPR for pricing him out of a move.

He wouldn't then price himself out of a move. We simply wouldn't be interested if those were his demands. He'd be getting twice Mitrovic's wage.

Denied by his dad of all people.

Denied by his dad of all people.

Austin has responded on twitter today, too...

http://twitter.com/chazaustin9/status/625339654775177216/photo/1

:lol:

Metro reporting a £15m deal 'could' be sorted this week - the chronic reporting this too.

But then again, I 'could' win the lottery too.  :frantic:

Must admit, I was all for Austin until we signed Mitrogol. That money must go elsewhere before we think about getting another striker. I'm surprised Ashley sanctions this move, considering he's an injury concern and will never return the £15m back in sales.

Guest taps01

Just what we need....another striker who relies on decent service!

:lol: kin'hell

No pleasing some folk.

Do you honestly believe he is what we need?

Just what we need....another striker who relies on decent service!

:lol: kin'hell

No pleasing some folk.

Do you honestly believe he is what we need?

This isn't the striker you are looking for.

http://crankypm.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/30/obiwanmindtrick.jpg

Guest reefatoon

People are talking about that price because that is the price they have put on him, doesn't matter if we are willing to pay it or not, people are mentioning it because that is what they want.

People keep talking about £15m in this thread, but clearly we aren't willing to pay that for him anyway.

Only way it goes near that is with add ons surely, maybe some nonsense about CL qualification etc.

10-12m cash bid is my guess and they'll try and peddle Cisse for as close to the same as possible.

Must admit, I was all for Austin until we signed Mitrogol. That money must go elsewhere before we think about getting another striker. I'm surprised Ashley sanctions this move, considering he's an injury concern and will never return the £15m back in sales.

If he scores 15 a season for 2 years more, or close to that he'll be worth more imo. There's always an Aston Villa or Sunderland that will pay big money for guaranteed goals in the division.

People are talking about that price because that is the price they have put on him, doesn't matter if we are willing to pay it or not, people are mentioning it because that is what they want.

Well I'm reading things like "£15m would be better spent elswhere" or "He's a injury risk and we may never recoup £15m" as reasons why we shouldn't go after him.  Just pointing out that we aren't even willing to pay £15m anyway so its pointless to look at it with regards to that fee.  QPR can put that price on him if they want but we all know we won't pay it anyway.

Guest palnese

How about 12 million + Williamson + Gouffran + Marveaux ...

Scratch Marveaux and add Obertan and we're good to go.

Probably, might panic them into £12m?  I mean I would rather spend £12m elsewhere I suppose, but I'd still be happy to get him.

EDIT:  They've apparently turned down £12m, but that was with loads of time left to sell hoping for a bigger offer.  What if a bigger offer never comes?, they may change their minds.

If he scores 15 a season for 2 years more, or close to that he'll be worth more imo. There's always an Aston Villa or Sunderland that will pay big money for guaranteed goals in the division.

But it does seem that we are his preferred club of choice, and we are probably using that to keep the fee as low as possible.