Charlie Austin

HawK

If you'd said monitoring i'd have absolutely believed you.

Or rumoured to be monitoring.

Continuing to consider the possibility of begining to monitor.......

Whatculture are reporting that we've lodged a £13m bid.

Looking at their Twitter stuff they're not your usual ITK knobheads but are more on the line of a bit of an Indy footy blog type thing.

Dunno what to think about this.

Looking at their Twitter stuff they're not your usual ITK knobheads but are more on the line of a bit of an Indy footy blog type thing.

I think we've got a decent offer for cisse on the table but we won't sell him until we have another through the door.

Is t that from a few days ago?  ???

They story was from fri aye but they posted this half an hour ago

@WhatCultureSprt: We have developments on the Charlie Austin to #NUFC story that we brought you last week. Coming up in the next hour. @WhatCultureNUFC

Saying they have 'developments' on that story (£13m bid), which they posted last Friday.

EDIT: Too slow.

I make nowt of it tbh. Probably just a bunch of small time freelance journalists looking for some exposure.

They don't exactly seem a complimentary pairing, if we get Austin that is.

That's my concern, even if you wanted to play 2 upfront it would seem to me that they don't exactly compliment each other. Would make sense to sign a mobile forward with pace if you want to pair someone with Mitrovic.

Having said that i really doubt we'll play with 2 upfront, there's just far too many midfield options for me to think it would happen.

I honestly believe Ayoze could work well with Mitrovic. I haven't seen Mitrovic play but the word is he thrives on service. Ayoze is a work horse and often goes deep and to the wings to get the ball. I hope to see him starting next season.

They don't exactly seem a complimentary pairing, if we get Austin that is.

That's my concern, even if you wanted to play 2 upfront it would seem to me that they don't exactly compliment each other. Would make sense to sign a mobile forward with pace if you want to pair someone with Mitrovic.

Having said that i really doubt we'll play with 2 upfront, there's just far too many midfield options for me to think it would happen.

Could we be developing a squad (pronounced skwod), when I was younger we had one of those, it's like having spares in case of injuries and stuff.

(edit, that sounds reet arsey sarcy don't it, it's not supposed to)

Isn't most people's concern that, assuming we have limited funds, they'd rather not spend 13 million on a striker when there are other areas that need to be improved?

Aye, if we had 30m more to spend then I'd be all for it but if we are going to spend another 10m or above on a player I'd prefer it to be a centre half or winger