Charlie Austin

HawK

They're gagging to sell him, he'll go this window.

That's what i have been saying for ages. They;re the only ones making noises about him trying to keep him in the shop window. You can tell they're getting desperate.

I've never really wanted him.

Ditto.

nowt but another Ricketts for me.

Fuck him, hope he ends up staying daan sarf and ending up another Ashton as Cookie says.

Getting angry a player who hasn't move despite the face we literally haven't bid for him.

Guest Outlaw Pete

Yes, i think you're right.

We should just go for it and buy him.

Yes, i think you're right.

We should just go for it and buy him.

Got a classic Ashley standoff written all over it this like. Last hours of the transfer window with an 8m plus add ons offer.

Don't want him at all personally fwiw

Surprised at many people not wanting him tbh. Think at the right price he would be a cracking signing and give us much needed options. We shouldn't be going into the season with just the strikers we have now.

With us playing with just one striker i just can't see how we need him. We have Mitrovic and Cisse and Austin wouldn't give us more options, he would just give us more of the same.

Surprised at many people not wanting him tbh. Think at the right price he would be a cracking signing and give us much needed options. We shouldn't be going into the season with just the strikers we have now.

Sub 10m and not at the expense of other players we need then aye I'd take him, but we're likely to play one up most of the season and Cisse is considerably more 'proven' at PL level so what's the point if he'll not get much playing time?

I think we'd be best starting the season with Cisse and Mitrogol as our options and Perez as third choice if required. Then spend any money elsewhere.

But then when did it matter to us whether we need a player if there's a deal to be done.

IMO if Cisse stays (which IMO depends on wether we can find someone willing to pay enough for him or not) we have good options.  Cisse, Mitrovic, Perez, Riviere, all different kinds of striker and the first 3 very good players.

Having said that IF we can find a club for Cisse I do think he'll be off and so we'll need a replacement.

Guest reefatoon

Sub 10m and not at the expense of other players we need then aye I'd take him, but we're likely to play one up most of the season and Cisse is considerably more 'proven' at PL level so what's the point if he'll not get much playing time?

I think we'd be best starting the season with Cisse and Mitrogol as our options and Perez as third choice if required. Then spend any money elsewhere.

But then when did it matter to us whether we need a player if there's a deal to be done.

Urgh Mitrogol. So shite.

Agree with Teasy.

We have varied options, 2 good and pretty proven performers, one who looks very promising and OK a piss poor Riviere.

IF Cisse goes then we obviously need to replace, but for anywhere near 15m or even into double figures CA would not be value for me. Better to look elsewhere.

I don't think Cisse will be off personally.

I do want Austin but things have changed over the summer. We've seen the system McClaren wants to play and it's with only 1 up front. Our defence is still desperately shit and we have no wide players whilst we have two good players to play the lone striker. With a good owner it would be a bit of a no brainer but we have Ashley and therefore the remaining money should go on the priority positions. £15m at this stage for Austin would not change much since we'd still be leaking goals at an alarming rate.

I do want Austin but things have changed over the summer. We've seen the system McClaren wants to play and it's with only 1 up front. Our defence is still desperately shit and we have no wide players whilst we have two good players to play the lone striker. With a good owner it would be a bit of a no brainer but we have Ashley and therefore the remaining money should go on the priority positions. £15m at this stage for Austin would not change much since we'd still be leaking goals at an alarming rate.

Agree with most but the last sentence. Money isn't the issue with leaking goals now, it's that McLaren had decided to back Colo therefore meaning by default there is 'no need' for another CB.

Whether he's done this as a manager or member of the board we'll never know but football wise it looks a fucking terrible decision especially when Palace would probably have taken Colo as well.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfers-magpies-end-9873106

The reason for United’s interesting going cold is the valuation – £15million is a figure that the Magpies simply won’t entertain with the player’s contract due to run out at the end of the season. It is understood there have also been concerns over the player’s medical history.

Nope, nothing new.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfers-magpies-end-9873106

The reason for United’s interesting going cold is the valuation – £15million is a figure that the Magpies simply won’t entertain with the player’s contract due to run out at the end of the season. It is understood there have also been concerns over the player’s medical history.

Nope, nothing new.

QPR now saying they have had two offers but neither matching their valuation.

Nope, nothing new.

QPR now saying they have had two offers but neither matching their valuation.

One was the £12m from Leicester wasn't it?

Personally, I hope QPR lose him for free in the summer.

They were stupid enough to spunk ridiculous fees on average players and expect other clubs to do the same for their players. Clubs who might have been interested have rightly baulked at the asking price and gone elsewhere. Hopefully by the end of the window they end up desperately trying to hawk him out for £10-12m when it's too late.

Edit: Or sunderland will go and buy him for £15m :lol: