Charlie Austin

HawK

I'm not really bothered about Austin now unless he's coming as well as Mitrovic. I would far rather have the Serb who at 20 could turn out to be a really exciting player. QPR overplayed their hand with the £15m tag, now I invite them to f*** off.

Austin is much less of a risk though. 15ish goals pretty much guaranteed.

I just think Mitrovic will go on to be a bigger value player and probably better all round.

Yes, I agree that he probably will, eventually. But new country, new league, he's young...bigger risk obviously.

One season and it's guaranteed :lol: at a team which can't create chances to save it's life :lol:

His goal record last 4 seasons: 18, 17, 25, 16. There are no guarantees in football but that he will score goals is as close as you'll get.

Including seasons in the championship to pad his stats :lol:

He's had one good year in the PL, there is absolutely no guarantee he'd be a success for us especially considering we have struggled to create chances for a fucking decade.

One season and it's guaranteed :lol: at a team which can't create chances to save it's life :lol:

His goal record last 4 seasons: 18, 17, 25, 16. There are no guarantees in football but that he will score goals is as close as you'll get.

He's had one good year in the PL, there is absolutely no guarantee he'd be a success for us especially considering we have struggled to create chances for a fucking decade.

Whereas QPR last season created between 20-25 golden chances per game I suppose?

I'm just not sure what Austin will give us that we haven't already got with Cisse. Mitrovic looks more of an exciting prospect, but if he's not sure about coming here then Austin is obviously our next option for a striker.

He's had one good year in the PL, there is absolutely no guarantee he'd be a success for us especially considering we have struggled to create chances for a f***ing decade.

Whereas QPR last season created between 20-25 golden chances per game I suppose?

They were much better at it than us, the game against us proved that. They also were much better at getting crosses into the box. Because they got relegated doesn't change that fact.

He only did well when paired with Zamora, I bet the stats would show that. He's a 4-4-2 poacher in the Darren Bent mould, albeit with a slightly different type of profile.

I'm just not sure what Austin will give us that we haven't already got with Cisse. Mitrovic looks more of an exciting prospect, but if he's not sure about coming here then Austin is obviously our next option for a striker.

Not sure if Austin can be our backup option, if anything he's more sought-after than Mitrovic. Or I expected him to be.

Not sure if Austin can be our backup option, if anything he's more sought-after than Mitrovic. Or I expected him to be.

Neither are that sought-after tbh, coincidentally we seem to be the only ones who are in for both of them. :lol:

Neither are that sought-after tbh, coincidentally we seem to be the only ones who are in for both of them. :lol:

Is Mitrovic's cunt Dad just trying to entice Porto to make a bid or have they genuine got an interest in his son?

Austin doesn't seem very sought after at all, there's just half-hearted interest from us, Leicester, and West Ham, I was expected bigger opposition. The fact Porto are interested in Mitrovic is a sign he's got potential, given their record with strikers, but I feel we're being used to push them into getting a bid accepted. Just fucking sign Austin and move onto defenders say I.

Austin doesn't seem very sought after at all, there's just half-hearted interest from us, Leicester, and West Ham, I was expected bigger opposition. The fact Porto are interested in Mitrovic is a sign he's got potential, given their record with strikers, but I feel we're being used to push them into getting a bid accepted. Just fucking sign Austin and move onto defenders say I.

Yup. Austin, Cisse and a panting, breathless De Jong, and we can splash the rest of the dosh on two CBs. One can only dream of such rationality at the club.

I wonder if we've moved because Villa are about to come into a huge pile of cash and will need a striker...

There's nothing to suggest we have, betting being suspended means absolutely nothing tbh.

Ah good, back to us doing fuck all then. Excellent.

What amuses me about this time of year is that if you take a poke around the forums of different clubs, you'll see groups of people who have invested shit loads of time and energy into certain players, pretty much oblivious to the rest of the world.

I had no idea you were after Auston, or that Mitrovic or whatever he's called, but you lot have spent days talking about it and every little detail. Similarly on our forums, they've been going on about Amavi or Gueye, and on other forums it'll be the same, I imagine.

Guest reefatoon

Why doesn't Ashley just off Mitrovic's fatha? Problem solved.

I'd prefer that the other way around.