Charlie Austin

HawK

Sir Les trying not to blink. They will sell come the end of the window, likely for less than 15m, no way he is staying put.

Spending 15m abroad can buy you a lot more talent than Austin. Clubs will be thinking it might well be worth the gamble going for someone younger that doesn't have premiership experience but far greater potential.

Problem is, strikers have been bough for tens of millions from clubs abroad with impeccable goalscoring reputations and have completely failed in the PL. To some extent Austin's a proven commodity.

Yes he is but he can be signed for £15m less in a year.

How's that remotely connected to what I've just said? :lol:

Sir Les trying not to blink. They will sell come the end of the window, likely for less than 15m, no way he is staying put.

Spending 15m abroad can buy you a lot more talent than Austin. Clubs will be thinking it might well be worth the gamble going for someone younger that doesn't have premiership experience but far greater potential.

Problem is, strikers have been bough for tens of millions from clubs abroad with impeccable goalscoring reputations and have completely failed in the PL. To some extent Austin's a proven commodity.

Yes he is but he can be signed for £15m less in a year.

Not by clubs like Palace, Leicester or us. If he runs down his contract and does well next season he will move to a bigger club to sit on their bench. If somehow he faile to impress next season no PL club will want him anyway. Tor the likes of us to get him we will have to pay the going rate or gamble on somebody else.

Wish we could get mitrovic and austin, to rotate with cisse and riviere but that'd be nuts

Rivière should be thrown out of the door once we've got a couple of new strikers in. Just not good enough. Some of those misses last season you'd expect a 10 year old to finish.

Oh well. We're paying £12 million for a 20 year old that scores in the Champion's League.

While QPR demand £15 million for a 25 year old with one season in the prem and a bit of a dodgy injury history.

Hope QPR implode and are left with lots of egg on their faces.

Oh well. We're paying £12 million for a 20 year old that scores in the Champion's League.

While QPR demand £15 million for a 25 year old with one season in the prem and a bit of a dodgy injury history.

Hope QPR implode and are left with lots of egg on their faces.

Fucking hate QPR

Douglas is still convinced we are still in for Austin and that Austin wants to come.

Either that means we are not confident on Mitrovic or we are trying to sign two strikers, which would surely see the end of Cisse.

I'm not really bothered about Austin now unless he's coming as well as Mitrovic. I would far rather have the Serb who at 20 could turn out to be a really exciting player. QPR overplayed their hand with the £15m tag, now I invite them to fuck off.

Douglas is still convinced we are still in for Austin and that Austin wants to come.

Either that means we are not confident on Mitrovic or we are trying to sign two strikers, which would surely see the end of Cisse.

Few of my friends that are friendly with Austin seem to think he will be at Newcastle next season and does want the move!

I think it's safe to say the team will be featuring de Jong playing in his strongest position (AM) so that only leaves room for one striker. I think we'll only sign one of Mitrovic or Austin and then use Ayoze/Riv/Cisse as backups.

I think it's safe to say the team will be featuring de Jong playing in his strongest position (AM) so that only leaves room for one striker. I think we'll only sign one of Mitrovic or Austin and then use Ayoze/Riv/Cisse as backups.

Oh I dunno

Austin  Mitrovic

De Jong

Haidara  Wijnaldum  Anita  Janmaat

Dummet  New CB Lascaslles

Krul

(for the record I don't think this is a good idea)