The Coaching Staff

NUFC

The chance of getting his own gig in Dundee United is probably very tempting.

If Benitez is still here next season and he wants to keep Cathro in the staff, I think he should stick around. He's still only 29 and learning under one of the high profiles in football would only do him good in the long run.

Guest Howaythetoon

The chance of getting his own gig in Dundee United is probably very tempting.

If Benitez is still here next season and he wants to keep Cathro in the staff, I think he should stick around. He's still only 29 and learning under one of the high profiles in football would only do him good in the long run.

Agree. Join Dundee and he enters the wilderness of nothing football and will disappear under the radar. From what I've heard, he has more input now and Rafa rates him. I think under McClaren he was brought in because of potential, but was pushed back in the input stakes and that kind of not exactly pissed him off, but made him a bit pushed out. The fact he is still here speaks volumes regarding what Rafa thinks of him.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope Rafa has convinced these guys to stay too, thought the last line in the club statement was interesting about a further announcement in due course. I'm probably just reading far too much into it but it'd be a shame if one or more wants away.

Hope Rafa has convinced these guys to stay too, thought the last line in the club statement was interesting about a further announcement in due course. I'm probably just reading far too much into it but it'd be a shame if one or more wants away.

Been some talk in the press that some of Rafa's staff has been looking at places to live in the north east. Would be surprised to see them leave, but even if they do, I'm sure Rafa will get someone of equal calibre in.

Been some talk in the press that some of Rafa's staff has been looking at places to live in the north east. Would be surprised to see them leave, but even if they do, I'm sure Rafa will get someone of equal calibre in.

I read that in terms of ADDITIONAL Staff. But as long as Pecchia stays I'm good. Love seeing him go bezerk when we score.

I read that in terms of ADDITIONAL Staff. But as long as Pecchia stays I'm good. Love seeing him go bezerk when we score.

Indeed, our staff is bare bones and has been since fat Sam.

Mentioned elsewhere but Pecchia headed to manage Hellas Verona (various sources)

Interested to see who he brings in as Number 2 or if Cathro moves up.

:weep:

I'll miss his mad celebrations.  The juxtaposition, of calm Rafa, trying to get information to players and Pecchia going coco bananas, on a couple of occasions after we scored.  Was absolutely glorious. 

Mentioned elsewhere but Pecchia headed to manage Hellas Verona (various sources)

I'll miss his mad celebrations.  The juxtaposition, of calm Rafa, trying to get information to players and Pecchia going coco bananas, on a couple of occasions after we scored.  Was absolutely glorious. 

This basically. He offered some much needed passion on the touchline to compliment Rafa's coolness. Not good news, although I suppose Rafa won't have much trouble finding a replacement.

This basically. He offered some much needed passion on the touchline to compliment Rafa's coolness. Not good news, although I suppose Rafa won't have much trouble finding a replacement.

We could get someone in with knowledge of the club and the area?

:carverlick: :carverlick: :carverlick: :carverlick: :carverlick: :carverlick: :carverlick: :carverlick: :carverlick: :carverlick:

Who have been his #2's in the past (if there has been someone besides Pecchia)

The new Valencia boss was his number 2 at Liverpool

Then Sammy Lee the season they came 2nd. Zendan at Chelsea apparently, which is different.

Need someone to maintain the connection with the fans

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03295/letter_3295303b.jpg

JFK tbh.  "I'm honored to be back at Newcastle, It is mutal I am sure, I've always had a great connection and felt fully supported by the great fans  supporting the iconic red and white stripes."

Actually, it might not be such a bad idea. We need someone to teach those lazy, spineless and inferior DNA forrins what true British passion is.

Bellamy and Carver would be perfect to demonstrate this by throwing airport seats at each other in training.