The Coaching Staff

NUFC

Can't just be me that thinks Bishop has told the players to say s*** like this because they know how unhappy the fans were with Pardew's playing style?

Taylor just kisses arse, it's virtually set in stone that a new manager comes in and he's the fitst one at it.

These are basically training sessions, I wouldn't read too much into the selections.

i'm aware of this like ian, i still see no reason why you'd have the same useless fucking wasters starting games unless there were literally no other options (as there may have been for willo)

lest we forget mclaren has spoken to people about the players and knows what's been said about them, apparently, so he's either giving them a last chance or he's full of fucking shit and will carry on with the same bollocks as the last group of clowns

i can't see any reason for these fucknuts to be starting much more than another match for him to make his mind up personally

I'm a little annoyed but hoping it's a matter of him working in the players who were recovering from injuries over the summer / recently.

Aarons, De Jong, Perez, Cisse, Wijnaldum, Sissoko all basically need to be starting out of our front 6 or 1 of Cisse/Perez and throw in Anita or something. If Abeid, Cabella, Tiote, and Marveaux were there you could throw them into the mix...but it's a shit squad we've got and I'm hoping the staff starts playing the better players ASAP so they can start working together.

These are basically training sessions, I wouldn't read too much into the selections.

i'm aware of this like ian, i still see no reason why you'd have the same useless fucking wasters starting games unless there were literally no other options (as there may have been for willo)

lest we forget mclaren has spoken to people about the players and knows what's been said about them, apparently, so he's either giving them a last chance or he's full of fucking shit and will carry on with the same bollocks as the last group of clowns

i can't see any reason for these fucknuts to be starting much more than another match for him to make his mind up personally

I know what you mean, you're right basically. I'm just hoping it's a case of injury returns, new manager not scrapping players without trying them, and all that jazz.

Even in the case of Centre Mids, Tiote and Abeid aren't there, Sissoko just cannot play CM unless it's in a 3, Wijnaldum isn't ready...

He doesn't have much else to choose from in these few games beyond Anita and Colback.

Even in the case of Centre Mids, Tiote and Abeid aren't there, Sissoko just cannot play CM unless it's in a 3, Wijnaldum isn't ready...

He doesn't have much else to choose from in these few games beyond Anita and Colback.

i think i said where he's no choice it's fair enough, no fucking excuse for gouffran mind

Aye I've got nee idea what the fuck was the point in starting him. The whole 'give players a chance' thing only works if they haven't proven they're utter shite for their entire time at the club beforehand. This is the reason we're still stuck with Obershan.

Aye I've got nee idea what the f*** was the point in starting him. The whole 'give players a chance' thing only works if they haven't proven they're utter s**** for their entire time at the club beforehand. This is the reason we're still stuck with Obershan.

To be fair to Gouffran, there was a time when he looked a useful player for us.

He might just be starting players based on their fitness and performance in training?

Yeah, it's early preseason. Starting a player only usually means he has better fitness than others at this point.

I guess I will need to cry foul when Lucho benches Messi in his first preseason game (and he will).

I'd rather start Obertan over Gouffran. Jesus that's bad.

No doubt about it IMO.

Gouffran used to be an average-to-OK wide forward slash striker. How he became a midfielder is one of the greatest mysteries of our time.

:pardsgrin:

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that a pre-season programme starts with "who's the fittest" and gradually morphs into the starting team for the opening weekend as every friendly passes?

• 2 weeks later...

I think we've lacked this kind of guy for a long time, perhaps since Keegan was a one-man motivator. The current backroom staff must have changed the atmosphere there to an infinitely better one that under Carver and Pards.

These pack of cunts haven't done shit, yet.

The games so far have been fucking grim, Carver's stamp all over them.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--LYvrE1US--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/672513710607072805.jpg

It will take time before we look like a real football team. As long as we're slowly getting better i wont complain too much. Just hope we get another 2-3 players in that we really do need.

Also friendlies are notoriously not indicative of how a team will perform competitively.

Yeah, I'm just aching to see what our full first team would look like and how they play together. I'm pretty sure it's gonna take a few months to get the Carvdew pheromones out of the dressing room and for us to look like a football team again.

On the other hand, I'm concerned how far down the table we'll be come Christmas if we start the season off craply.