England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

10 out of 10 is great stuff regardless, the players and coaches deserve maximum praise for the qualifying campaign.

Agreed, I would also give Woy and his staff another two years up to the world cup, I think he's the best man for the job and it also pisses on Pardew's and Big Sam's bonfire's.

10 out of 10 is great stuff regardless, the players and coaches deserve maximum praise for the qualifying campaign.

Agreed, I would also give Woy and his staff another two years up to the world cup, I think he's the best man for the job and it also pisses on Pardew's and Big Sam's bonfire's.

There is no better English manager right now, that's for sure.

As was the case in the World Cup, there's shit loads of talent and shit loads of options all over the front six.

Rooney, Kane, Sturridge, Walcott, Welbeck, Sterling, Ings, Berahino, Vardy, Chamberlain, Townsend for the advanced positions.

Wilshere, Barkley, Shelvey, Delph, Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Mason, Alli for the central positions.

Rooney is finished at the top level.

He's not, man. You've just got to ask less of him. It's ridiculous how much is asked of him when he plays.

That's one of the reasons why I think he'd benefit more from playing with Kane. Runs the channels, creates space, holds the ball up - plus he's a very tidy finisher. He looks like he has more to offer to the current England incarnation than Sturridge, imo.

What would people say is currently Englands best XI, Injuries not counting? Id probably go with this personally:

Hart

Clyne    Smalling    Stones    Shaw

Wilshere    Barkley

Walcottt                              Sterling

Kane      Sturridge

I feel like there are a few people that i'm missing, but thats something like it.

Any excuse :lol:

He's not, man. You've just got to ask less of him. It's ridiculous how much is asked of him when he plays.

That's one of the reasons why I think he'd benefit more from playing with Kane. Runs the channels, creates space, holds the ball up - plus he's a very tidy finisher. He looks like he has more to offer to the current England incarnation than Sturridge, imo.

Sturridge is going to be our best player imo. He has to play, for me. He's more of a goal threat than Kane when fit imo because he can create so much. Pacier. Better finisher. More skillful... He just has to be fit. I couldn't advocate Kane starting up top ahead of either. Not now.

Haven't really seen Sturridge since he got back from injury but if he can get back to how he was a couple of seasons ago he's your best player IMO

What would people say is currently Englands best XI, Injuries not counting? Id probably go with this personally:

Hart

Clyne    Smalling    Stones    Shaw

Wilshere    Barkley

Walcottt                              Sterling

Kane      Sturridge

I feel like there are a few people that i'm missing, but thats something like it.

Kane ahead of Rooney?!

Hardly a controversial opinion considering Rooney is shite at football.

Rooney is honestly shit. I don't get it. It's as if people don't watch Man Utd these days so don't realise. He's a shit, slow, useless bastard who spends all game waddling around being shit. Martial looked livelier in 5 minutes up top than the cunt has for a good 3 years.

Don't even mind Rooney tbh, he's a alreet bloke and has absolutely mugged Man Utd for 250k a week so you've got to congratulate him for that. A proper scouser. But his goose is well and truly cooked.

Hart

Clyne Smalling Stones Shaw

Henderson

Barkley Sterling

Walcott

Sturridge  Kane

Wilshere will be injured.

It's not form. He's been in a constant decline since 2011 to the point where he's now a total physical weakling and barely a threat to the opposition. He's done a Torres just with more penalties and less horror misses so nobody has cottoned on.

It's not form. He's been in a constant decline since 2011 to the point where he's now a total physical weakling and barely a threat to the opposition. He's done a Torres just with more penalties and less horror misses so nobody has cottoned on.

He's being played as a workhorse, man. Has been for far too long. In a more static role he'd still get lots of goals and make stuff happen.