England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

The fact that Henderson was somehow rated highly enough to be chosen as England captain sums up just how far England have fallen.

He's complete and utter garbage.

Does it sum up how far Liverpool has fallen as well? Just that they seem to be doing awfully well with him as their captain and starting every game.

If you think Jordan Henderson is the reason Liverpool are doing well then you need medical help.

The fact that Henderson was somehow rated highly enough to be chosen as England captain sums up just how far England have fallen.

Does it sum up how far Liverpool has fallen as well? Just that they seem to be doing awfully well with him as their captain and starting every game.

If you think Jordan Henderson is the reason Liverpool are doing well then you need medical help.

That's not what he said

England's attacking players have very little bottle to force something. We always pass pass pass until around their box, then hand the ball off to our least offensive players with the duty of putting in the perfect ball or shot in a crowded box. Very rarely do our attacking players have the ball in dangerous places to act on it. Seems to be this way for such a long time too.

:thup:

The only exception I can really think of is Townsend. As linear as all the 'cut in and shoot' lark might be, he's one of the few in the England camp who doesn't give a fuck about the occasion and plays his normal game - runs at his man, puts in crosses, shoots from distance.

I reckon we need to ditch Sturridge, Rooney and the Man Utd kids asap.

Give Vardy the next 3 games to see what he can do leading the line at international level.  Start Townsend as well for the same reason.  Add a proper midfielder alongside Henderson and play someone better than Alli at #10, someone who has better movement and decision making.  Rest of the team is fine.

That was just horrific football, like watching us at our worst under Pardew or Carver.  No ideas beyond doing exactly the same thing that hasn't been working all game, maybe bring a sub on after 80 minutes & hope that he'll win the game single-handed.

Clive going straight for the accusations of racism :anguish:

He didn't say that at all

He was implying that.

Surely the handbags were only because of the high tackle from Cahill?

Nah, Lingard erupted for some reason, which Clive implied might have been a racist remark.

Stick with Southgate until the summer and see if we can get Wenger then. If that's not possible, just give it to Pardew and let the journos have a field day with digging in his past and have him being a twat in front of the whole nation.

That's not what he said

Well if you're asking me if Gerrard to Henderson is a downgrade then I don't think its a question even worthy of a answer.

Just because Liverpool are doing well with him as Captain, that doesn't mean he's the automatic choice to replace Rooney does it? I think you need to look at Klopp, Mane, Coutinho etc as to why Liverpool are doing well. Even Milner is far superior.

He shouldn't even be in the starting 11, never mind captain and his performance tonight proved it.

Odd game. We were the better side, but they had the better chances, largely due to our defensive mistakes.

I thought there was some promising signs, with the pace of our passing but we didn't make the best of our opportunities in the final third. Sturridge's decision making is really poor.

Lingard is a good player and looked far more effective when he came inside later on. Townsend made things happen. Walcott has never looked an international player.